Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all those agree that Ramsey would be gettin the job done right now, post here.

Vman2k6

I can believe Ramsey is behind a rookie. He never was a great practice or even preseason QB. Heck he may not even be a very good QB at all....The real question was, is he better that Brunnell right? And the answer is, how could he not be? I saw Brunnell play in person for the first time last week in Dallas and that was the second worst exibition of QBism that I have ever withnessed. Only second to Brunnell's Tampa humiliation. Brunnell is a pathetic excuse for and NFL QB and he is, has been, and will continue to be the main problem with this team untill he is replaced.

Gibbs is the only one in the world that thinks Brunnell can still play and as I said in another thread, there seems to be two sides to the Brunnell story on this board....The ones who think he cant win and the ones who think no other coach in the world can win with him but Gibbs. Gibbs is a HOF coach but he isnt a god and he will need more that a miracle to get Brunnell in the superbowl.

But the reason can't be because he is not as good as them? Escpically Clemens. Is he some kin to "the rocket"?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say the coaches up there don't believe he is, at least not at the moment. Because that's where he's at on the depth chart.

No.

As much as I like Patrick, he went to NY/NJ with the chance to be the starter and now is the 3rd string. Beaten by Pennington and a rookie (he did beat out Bollinger for the #3 spot).

He would have been pummeled here just like in the Spurrier days (since the blocking has been iffy at best) and since he tends to lock on 1 player he'd probably would have thrown about 5-6 INTs by now in what seems to be a "pass first" O in the first 2 games. No run game and your pass game usually struggles (unless you are Mcnabb).

I guess I shouldn't be posting on the thread since this is a "yeah, we'd be good if Ramsey were here" thread, but I thought I 'd give you a reasonable answer outside of the "yeah we'd be 2-0" or "no, b/c Ramsey sucks" answer.

Maybe they are better then Brunell too. I think taht Ramsey would have been a beast. Remember that Gaints game when Brunell got injured and Ramsey came in and hit Moss with that long TD pass, just think if they had practiced with each other all season.

That play was all Moss adjustment and poor CB play who got turned around.....nothing spectacular with threading the needle between defenders or anything and I'm a Ramsey fan....imagine him with no legs vs Dallas....sure he might have thrown more downfield but would have more sacks too.

That play was all Moss adjustment and poor CB play who got turned around.....nothing spectacular with threading the needle between defenders or anything and I'm a Ramsey fan....imagine him with no legs vs Dallas....sure he might have thrown more downfield but would have more sacks too.

So you are saying it was possible to do worse against Dallas?

I agree remember, RAMSEY NEVER LOST THE JOB.

If that were the case, he would have been the starter as soon as he recovered from the injury. I'm obviously not happy with the way Brunell is playing, but I trust Gibbs. I thought Ramsey was one hell of a guy, but if Joe didn't feel he was going to be our QB of the future, neither do I.

Being that the only job that Patrick is getting done right now in New York is holding a clipboard, I'm thinking that maybe he wouldn't be doing so here either.

Maybe had he had the experience he would have received had he not been hooked after one half, who is to say how he may have improved. Sitting an entire season on the bench, then being traded to a team with a good starting quarterback, doesn't really tell the whole story.

I really thought Ramsey would be the QB here for a long time. But Gibbs had two problems with him: (1) He wasn't mobile enough and (2) He was uncoachable. By that I mean you spend an entire off season and preseason teaching him to avoid sacks, stop fumbling, and not to throw interceptions and in the first series of the first game he does all three. That was the end of Patrick Ramsey in Washington.

I love how everybody has so much faith in a QB that Coach Gibbs didn't want on our football team.

What bothers me more is that Coach Gibbs is the only one in the world that has faith in Brunnell. All of the others who support Brunnell just defer to Gibbs knowing best. Is there really something Brunnell has that practically every other NFL expert in the world is missing?

What bothers me more is that Coach Gibbs is the only one in the world that has faith in Brunnell. All of the others who support Brunnell just defer to Gibbs knowing best. Is there really something Brunnell has that practically every other NFL expert in the world is missing?

Hyperbole is a mask of uncertainty. Joe Gibbs certainly isn't the only one who has faith in Brunell.

I'm not sure many people say Gibbs know best, just that Gibbs knows better. And he does.

But I'm sure all of your "experts" have spent plenty of time analyzing game film and determining what mistakes were made by whom.

But I'm sure all of your "experts" have spent plenty of time analyzing game film and determining what mistakes were made by whom.

You would think they would have....At least before going on national tv or radio and making statements to the fact. I mean it’s possible that virtually everyone else is wrong but when is Brunnell's rising to above poor status going to take place? Its not like he’s a young guy trying to master the QB position and he has ample time to do it. Is his weak arm going to ever regain its strength? Is his old broken and decrepit body going to regain its strength and durability? Maybe he will and Gibbs does know something that everyone doesn’t but it hasn’t happened in nearly 3 years until it does, it’s going to be a long season or seasons.

I love how everybody has so much faith in a QB that Coach Gibbs didn't want on our football team.

I have faith in Gibbs, but his choice of QB is not making proud right now.

Put it like this Gibbs is the Mother, Brunell is the step father. You will always love your mother, but the step father has some issues and you feel bad vibes from him.

That is the best I can put it.

Maybe had he had the experience he would have received had he not been hooked after one half, who is to say how he may have improved. Sitting an entire season on the bench, then being traded to a team with a good starting quarterback, doesn't really tell the whole story.

Finishing behind a rookie, ( according to the depth chart), who had no experience doesn't do a bad job of helping tell a bit more of that story I would think.

Archived