Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all those agree that Ramsey would be gettin the job done right now, post here.

Vman2k6

Listen, I have complete faith in Mark Brunell, and that the Redskins are gonna turn it around this week and have a great season. However, I do think that with the receivers and offensive line we have, Ramsey and his cannon of an arm would be lighting it up right now. Even if he did throw a couple of int's here and there, he'd putting up touchdowns like crazy.

Anyone agree?

Maybe we'd get more yards but we'd also have a lot more turnovers. All in all we'd still be 0-2 and demanding a change at QB.

Ramsey can not even win the second string job for the JETS!!!! I really want to see them bench MB at this point. But, however bad off we are with MB, Ramsey would be a good deal worse. RAMSEY: great guy and throws a real nice deep ball, but very slow moving, slow release, slow thinking, lacking in pocket presence, eyeballs his primary receiver all the way down the field, makes bad decisions. And has made no progress on any of this since his draft day. Unfortunate to say that about a really good guy and good team player, but true.

He did in New York. To two QBs. One of whom is a rookie, who, by logic, should be 3rd string, not 2nd.

Maybe they are better then Brunell too. I think taht Ramsey would have been a beast. Remember that Gaints game when Brunell got injured and Ramsey came in and hit Moss with that long TD pass, just think if they had practiced with each other all season.

what??? now for one i DID like patrick when we first drafted him.. young kid with a big arm and a lot of potential... but after seeing him start a few games i can tell you right now if patrick were to start i dont believe this team would be a whole lot better.. patrick always seemed to spark the team coming of the bench.. but after the 2nd or 3rd start the spark was gone.. he has a lot of things he needs to work on.. accuracy for one... he had to much of an arm sometimes. brunell... god even though hes not that much better right now between those two i still would want brunell to start.. at least for a couple of more games;) ... but if i had to pick between patrick and campbell.. i would pick campbell because i see yet again another young QB with a lot of potential... but for some reason i feel a little bit better about campbell than i did with patrick.. i see things in campbell. hes a big guy... with a good arm.... he pretty accurate... and he can move in the pocket to avoid pass rushes... but to say things would be different with ramsey in i would have to disagree.. because yes i feel a lot of the blame should go to brunell... but not all of it.. our offensive line looks horrible right now.. and if you stick patrick back there hes a sitting duck..

Being that the only job that Patrick is getting done right now in New York is holding a clipboard, I'm thinking that maybe he wouldn't be doing so here either.

If Brunell was with the Jets, make than pretty much any other team in the NFL, he would be holdinga clipboard as well. :rolleyes:

I like Ramsey and will never forget his TD pass against the Giants. I even got excited when he actually stepped onto the field for a second during the last Jets game (only to join a timeout huddle then leave again) but he's done with us and he may very well be done with his career if the Jets dont ever put him out there. The Jets announcers suggested that they might have won that game if they had Ramsey throw the last pass as was speculated when he went out on the field.

Again, I wish Ramsey well but it's Brunell's job and I can't say I wasnt happy when Brunell was back for week 17.

Wow, are you serious? When exactly did Ramsey get the job done here? I agree the man has a cannon for an arm but he has absolutely NO touch when throwing the football. That TD to Moss vs. NY last year was all Santana. A terrible throw. Also don't blame just Brunell - the O line has been terrible this year. I'd hate to see what Ramsey would do if he only had 2 seconds to throw the ball. Oh wait I already have seen that - it was the debacle otherwise known as the 2003-04 season when he got obliterated by the lack of pass blocking.

Wow, are you serious? When exactly did Ramsey get the job done here? I agree the man has a cannon for an arm but he has absolutely NO touch when throwing the football. That TD to Moss vs. NY last year was all Santana. A terrible throw. Also don't blame just Brunell - the O line has been terrible this year. I'd hate to see what Ramsey would do if he only had 2 seconds to throw the ball. Oh wait I already have seen that - it was the debacle otherwise known as the 2003-04 season when he got obliterated by the lack of pass blocking.

well, that is one example of him getting the job done here. ;)

well that doesnt really follow b/c even with all the injuries pennington is 100 times better than brunell
If Brunell was with the Jets, make than pretty much any other team in the NFL, he would be holdinga clipboard as well. :rolleyes:

:laugh: Yeah right. As big of a reach as this thread is. Way too many assumptions to make. Patrick is behind a guy who was known not to have an arm before he had surgery. He's behind another guy who just happens to be a rookie. Drafted in the second round by the Jets. I'm a Patrick fan, but that doesn't bode to well for the man. And since I believe that even if he's not at his best, Brunell is still a better QB than Patrick right now, then I figure he would at least beat out Clemens in New York. Since we're making assumptions and all.

Maybe they are better then Brunell too. I think taht Ramsey would have been a beast. Remember that Gaints game when Brunell got injured and Ramsey came in and hit Moss with that long TD pass, just think if they had practiced with each other all season.

What game was you watching. That was a sucky pass, Santana made an unbelievable catch. Santana had turn 180 degrees to make the catch.

It amazes me how all of a sudden with some people ramsey who was a bum and still is, is all of a sudden better than Mark Brunell. I don't think so. He will never see the day that he will be in Brunell' caliber.

It is not just Mark Brunell, our whole team has been playing bad football. It starts in the trenches. We need to win on the offensive and defensive lines and we will win football games!!!

Archived