Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wait for 8 games before benching Brunell...

skinsfan93

Yea, but why is that? Why is it that Brunnell can't get yanked after a game or two?

This favoritism BS!

I haven't the slightest idea......apparently Joe will have to admit he made a mistake and doesn't want to do that? He's extremely loyal to the players HE HAND PICKS!

In Brunell's last 12 games he's averaged 140 yards a game and broken 200 yards passing once and has 10 TD's and 7 Ints. Why do we have to wait another 6 games?

bingo.

I looked back to last year and I was shocked to see that our Defense really did carry us.

Eventhough I watched all those games I didn't realize that at least statistically he didn't do much. He just took advantage of great D and didn't make many mistakes.

Now it is time or our QB and offense to carry us and it is not happening.

Sorry but Mark Brunell is too slow on the uptake. New offense in Jacksonville and he gets replaced by Byron Leftwich. New offense in Washington and he's replaced by Patrick Ramsey. It takes a whole year for him to "get it" and he had a good year last year. Now we have a new offense and, once again, he can't seem to apply what he's learned. Are we going to wait for another season to pass before he finally gets it...at 37 years old? I'd rather take my chances with someone else than continue to leave our defense on the field for 2/3 of the game.

This is the idea that i'm sick of hearing, because its just wrong.

Brunell did not lead us to the damn playoffs last year, he just happened to be the QB of a team that made the playoffs.

Brunell didn't win us any games, we won despite of him most of the time and his terrible play lost us a few games.

We won the Cardinal game last year because of a kick return for a TD, Brunell was terrible that day.

We won the 1st Cowboy game because the Cowboys fell asleep or some damn thing, hell I don't know what happened but I know for 56 minutes Brunell looked as bad as he did last night.

Remember Brunell's paly in the 36-0 beat down the Giants gave us?

Remember Brunell in the playoffs? He played terrible vs the Bucs, and then Seahawk game was just bruatal.

Stop saying he lead us anywhere, he was the QB, thats it. With our defense last year 20 other QBs could have done the same job if not better.

Great post man!!

When they say EXTREME Skins fans, they mean extreme skins fans. The fans on this board are kinda sickening. I'm a diehard Redskin fan and season ticket holder, but I am also a realist. It's okay to be optimistic when you're 0-2, but you can not possible be this way with this team led by this QB.

Brunell had a pass rating in the 20's or 30's last night.. All kidding aside, I could have done that. To say Brunell gives us the best chance to win just isn't factual anymore. Campbell will make some mistakes but would his mistakes be any worse then what Brunell is doing? Atleast Campbell will try.

And if Campbell is going to go through growing pains like the rest of the offense I believe those growing pains should happen at the same time.. So what next year our players get the offense but Campbell is a year behind? Brilliant. Let Campbell(and the entire offense) learn the system this year.. Let him make his mistakes this year so come next year he has experience under his belt and our offense as a whole has spent a year together in the same system.

Because as the starting QB, he still led us to the playoffs (Portis obviously is the biggest reason) and besides last night, we have been competitive in just about every game.

Actually Portis and The Defense lead us to the playoffs. If Brunell had played half way decent the Redskins might have beaten Seattle. Also look at the Tampa game, he really is not on a good roll, will it ever stop?

The more field experience Campbell gets with Gibbs, the better he will be once Joe is gone. How much longer do you think we're going to have Joe around? Do you think he wants to retire, or coach until his dying day? I'm definately not trying to say that I think Gibbs is on his deathbed or anything- but his tenure as head coach might be. His contract is only good for, if i remember correctly, another two years.

I'd rather go 0-8 with Jason than Mark. Jason is going to be a NFL virgin until we start him, and a bad record with a rookie qb is an investment. Think about next year, too. We've got the possibility of this year going down the drain, and JC getting no field time, which would mean next year going down the drain if Brunell gets benched, or this year going down the drain, with JC having almost a full season under his belt.

Because as the starting QB, he still led us to the playoffs (Portis obviously is the biggest reason) and besides last night, we have been competitive in just about every game.

I get so tired of hearing people saying he lead us to the playoffs!...Derrick Frost was a better offensive weapon than he was last year.

Well, unlike in 2004 there is no excuse that we lack playmakers at skill positions. With Portis back and the running game working Brunell will probably have a decent game next week and then drop off again against the tough teams that come later. I'd rather see what Campbell can do since Brunell from here on out will be pathetic-average at best. Any QB can play decent when the running game provides 150 yards a game so why not give Campell the shot? I don't think I can wait 8 weeks if Brunell causes us to be 2-6 or 3-5 or worse at that point.

We must ask 2 important questions. 1) Will MB help us win a superbowl THIS year? and 2) Will he help us win a SB within the next 5 years?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, then you are a fool.

I would rather lessen the chances of us making the playoffs this year, if it means we have a better shot of winning the SB in the next 5 years. Thus, playing JC is the only option at this point.

the best thing that could happen right now ia we do into the next game with brunell our starter and he has the decensy to fake an injury half way through the game and hits the IR and retires after the season. no not a REAL injury..... just the face savingkind for everyone involved so that noone gets embarrassed!

Archived