Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Rivalry Quotes

Mark The Homer

Who should get the bulk of the carries Sunday night?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the bulk of the carries Sunday night?

• TJ "the plow" Duckett
    • Ladell "I tripped over a blade of grass" Betts

So how did you feel when Moss torched you on that Monday night? Did you feel sorry for us then?

Or when Lavar retired Troy?

Are you a team with no quotes?

:helmet: The Rook

I'll admitit it sucked, but that's in the past. Time for new quotes. How bout "It's hard being America's Team, but somebody's gotta do it"

Edited by Boys_n_Blue

I'll admitit it sucked, but that's in the past. Time for new quotes. How bout "It's hard being America's Team, but somebody's gotta do it"

Dude. Your sig is six pixels over the maximum allowed height. Normally I might look the other way, but I'm afraid I just can't do that in this particular case. Please fix it.

Sidenote to staff: I propose we make a new rule where all opponent fans may have sigs no larger than half the size of Redskins fans' sigs. :evilg:

Not bad actually, thanks for asking, there are only 4 teams in the NFL with better records. We're gonna add to that record on Sunday, too. Thanks to y'all. We don't hate y'all like y'all do us though. We just feel sorry for ya. I'm a fair pittier though. If by some fluke y'all win. I will come back and take my lumps. And if we win, I won't come back and rub it in.

Looking forward to another great one...

I would say the quote in my sig sums up BnB and 98% of the other Dallass fans..

I am so excited for this game, even more than a usual Dallas week. I feel like, with all that's happened this season, Dallas is the one team, the one chance, that this Redskins team in this season has for redemption.

I still want - NEED - Vinnie to be fired, among other things. But if this team, after all the whining about the negative media and fair weather fans and we're almost there and just a few small adjustments and no Randle El's our punt guy and blah blah blah, can go down there with FIRE and jump on them early and often...if they can come back home with a win, well that might just save this season.

This is a Hall of Fame thread! :)

If this doesn't get you pumped up, I don't know what's running through your veins...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf3gW8Ygk7k

I hate Dallas, I hate their fans, and I hate their fans' mamas for not loving their children. Their bandwagoning fans are the scum at the bottom of the sole of a shoe that's just stepped in dog ****.

HTTR!!! **** DALLAS!!

Back in the 70's and early 80's, there was nothing bigger than Redskins week. It was the biggest rivalry out there, bar none.

However, times have changed. Now, the Eagles are the Cowboys biggest rival and I think the Giants are a close second. The Redskins are a distant third.

I'm 44 and I remember the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry fondly, but I also realize that it's not the same as before. The two teams have not been "good" at the same time for a while now and the Eagles and Giants have been better and the players have engaged in a lot more trash talking before and after the games.

It still feels good to beat Washington and sucks to lose, but in a "division opponant" sort of way, not in a bitter rival way.

Redskins week is alomost "just another game" now to most Cowboys fans. To Skins fans, we're still their biggest rival and they still hate us as much as before (or at least close) but most Cowboys fans have moved on. I suppose that's one of the reasons Skins fans hate us so much.

Antway, best of luck Sunday and here's to an injury-free game.

Edited by ArmyCowboy01

I suppose that's one of the reasons Skins fans hate us so much.

The main reason I think Skins fans hate the Cowboys is because their fans are so obnoxious. The type of people who grow up in DC and root for the Cowboys are generally the absolute bottom tier of the human pyramid... they're generally loudmouthed, borderline criminals, who root for Dallas not because they actually like the team, but root for Dallas to compensate for the attention their parents didn't give them. They are all attention whores of the highest order, and growing up in DC and rooting for the Cowboys is akin to growing up in America and rooting for the Nazis during World War II. It's like the part of their brain that control higher functions just doesn't work, so they just hang out at gas stations in Romo jerseys opening their mouths only to spout BS and drool.

Seeing a person in a Cowboys jersey in DC tells me absolutely everything I need to know about that person. I can only take solace in knowing that they probably won't accomplish much in their lives because in all the years I've lived in DC, I've not met a DC-native that was a Cowboy fan that wound up amounting to much of anything.

Cowboy fans who grew up around Texas I have no problem with. If I grew up in Dallas, I'd probably be a Cowboy fan as well. I'm a home team guy.

The main reason I think Skins fans hate the Cowboys is because their fans are so obnoxious. The type of people who grow up in DC and root for the Cowboys are generally the absolute bottom tier of the human pyramid... they're generally loudmouthed, borderline criminals, who root for Dallas not because they actually like the team, but root for Dallas to compensate for the attention their parents didn't give them. They are all attention whores of the highest order, and growing up in DC and rooting for the Cowboys is akin to growing up in America and rooting for the Nazis during World War II. It's like the part of their brain that control higher functions just doesn't work, so they just hang out at gas stations in Romo jerseys opening their mouths only to spout BS and drool.

Seeing a person in a Cowboys jersey in DC tells me absolutely everything I need to know about that person. I can only take solace in knowing that they probably won't accomplish much in their lives because in all the years I've lived in DC, I've not met a DC-native that was a Cowboy fan that wound up amounting to much of anything.

Cowboy fans who grew up around Texas I have no problem with. If I grew up in Dallas, I'd probably be a Cowboy fan as well. I'm a home team guy.

Interesting take.

I grew up in Virginia (Norfolk/Va Beach area.)

My dad was a retired Infantry Sergeant Major who was stationed at Ft Hood Texas in the early 60's. He became a die-hard Cowboys fan while there (he wasn't really a football fan before that, so he didn't have a team.)

I remember, when I was nearly 7 years old and starting to become very interested in football, we were watching the '72 Super Bowl between the Cowboys and the Dolphins.

Before the game, my dad looked and me and ,"We're Cowboys fans in this house, so you best be rooting for the 'Boys today." I've been a Cowboys fan ever since. (apply Infantry CSM steroetypes here, too:))

So, even though I agree with much of your premise, there are exceptions.

Great post!

Well said and all so very, very accurate! :)