Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Rivalry Quotes

Mark The Homer

Who should get the bulk of the carries Sunday night?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the bulk of the carries Sunday night?

• TJ "the plow" Duckett
    • Ladell "I tripped over a blade of grass" Betts

Back in the 70's and early 80's, there was nothing bigger than Redskins week. It was the biggest rivalry out there, bar none.

However, times have changed. Now, the Eagles are the Cowboys biggest rival and I think the Giants are a close second. The Redskins are a distant third.

I'm 44 and I remember the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry fondly, but I also realize that it's not the same as before. The two teams have not been "good" at the same time for a while now and the Eagles and Giants have been better and the players have engaged in a lot more trash talking before and after the games.

It still feels good to beat Washington and sucks to lose, but in a "division opponant" sort of way, not in a bitter rival way.

Redskins week is alomost "just another game" now to most Cowboys fans. To Skins fans, we're still their biggest rival and they still hate us as much as before (or at least close) but most Cowboys fans have moved on. I suppose that's one of the reasons Skins fans hate us so much.

Antway, best of luck Sunday and here's to an injury-free game.

Well, I know at my high school, Dallas week meant something. You best believe there was trash talking all week.

Dude. Your sig is six pixels over the maximum allowed height. Normally I might look the other way, but I'm afraid I just can't do that in this particular case. Please fix it.

Sidenote to staff: I propose we make a new rule where all opponent fans may have sigs no larger than half the size of Redskins fans' sigs. :evilg:

That is a brilliant idea Mark! You should push that up the hill!

Thanks for the Quotes too! I was spending an hour on youtube last night going through all sorts of clipts. Alot of those are on there. Gives me chills!

I don't know about others, but Dallas week is still #1 to me. It may be tough this year, but all I can say is...

**** Dallas! **** Dallas!

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

You gotta love the dallas fans who take the time to register on a Redskins site, so they can read what Skins fans have to say, then take the time to post in our thread just to tell us how much they don't care about us or the Redskins in general. That the game between Washington and dallas is just another game to them.

But when dallas loses to us they are the first ones back with excuses and sad attempts to insult our team without realizing that whatever they have to say about our team is probably valid about theirs.

But when dallas loses to us they are the first ones back with excuses and sad attempts to insult our team without realizing that whatever they have to say about our team is probably valid about theirs.

Actually, after a loss, the Cowboy fans here in DC are more like ****roaches when you shine a light on them.

You gotta love the dallas fans who take the time to register on a Redskins site, so they can read what Skins fans have to say, then take the time to post in our thread just to tell us how much they don't care about us or the Redskins in general. That the game between Washington and dallas is just another game to them.

I think you may have misunderstood. I am old enough to remember the George Allen days, so it is still a big deal to me. I was referring to the attitude in Dallas in general. The rivalry has lost its luster. We hate Philly and the Giants more now. Nothing personal, guys. Don't worry some of us still hate y'all a bunch. But Dallas is just one of those VERY polarizing teams. You either REALLY love us or REALLY hate us. No in between. Kind of like the Yankees in baseball. Everyone down here REALLY hates them except for a few people which we despise because they live here and should support our team. As far as coming back and insulting y'all after a loss. I have only come back to congratulate. (I've been a member for years but was recently canceled due to inactivity and had to re-join ES again) I come back because its time to play y'all again. It's fun. When we win I usually don't come back. I don't want to seem as though I'm rubbing it in.

To the gentleman that mentioned the "they want to be called Americas Team" thing. We did not ask for that name, Landry did not want it because it gave fuel to our opponents. I put it in my sig because y'all are fun to antagonize. You get so excited, so easily.

One last note about George Allen. I hated him sooooooo bad it hurt, and he hated us with a passion. But when Tom Landry died we had a parade in Downtown Dallas in his honor. It was on a weekday but most businesses closed so everyone could attend. It was huge. Right behind a large wagon with a lot of the Landry era players on it was a convertible with George sitting up high on the back of the car with his feet in the back seat. Paying his respect to Tom. I'll never forget it, it brought tears to my eyes. What a classy guy. It changed my opinion of him forever. It was just football, nothing personal. That's just what the rivalry is. Hate but respect, on our part anyway, for most of us. Y'all don't seem to respect us at all. When you lose, all you do is cry about what y'all did wrong and who needs to be fired. No mention of good play by your opponent. That is why it is fun to mess with y'all, you get so stirred up. I mean no harm. And if y'all win on Sunday, I will be the first one back to congratulate.

Here's to another great game with very few injuries.

Edited by Boys_n_Blue
The font went black and you coldn't see it.

Y'all don't seem to respect us at all.

Correct. **** Dallas.

When you lose, all you do is cry about what y'all did wrong and who needs to be fired. No mention of good play by your opponent.

Incorrect. You've confused Redskin fans with Cowboy fans. Fail.

...You either REALLY love us or REALLY hate us. ...
lol

Let me give you a clue. On this site, it's the latter.

Did you see John Wilbur's quote? "It strikes hate and loathing in my mind, almost in a Pavlovian sense." Pavlovian. Look that up. I means "conditioned response" or "conditioned reflex."

Example: It may be the first day of spring. And I might be walking on a sunny day with my girl. And I'd be smiling - a becoming smile. Then, a car drives by. And I might notice it has a Cowboys bumper sticker.

And my mood will immediately become inverted.

You see? That's just one example.

And by the way, your sig is still ****ed up. The height is excessive.

Work on it. :evilg:

Back in the 70's and early 80's, there was nothing bigger than Redskins week. It was the biggest rivalry out there, bar none.

However, times have changed. Now, the Eagles are the Cowboys biggest rival and I think the Giants are a close second. The Redskins are a distant third.

I'm 44 and I remember the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry fondly, but I also realize that it's not the same as before. The two teams have not been "good" at the same time for a while now and the Eagles and Giants have been better and the players have engaged in a lot more trash talking before and after the games.

It still feels good to beat Washington and sucks to lose, but in a "division opponant" sort of way, not in a bitter rival way.

Redskins week is alomost "just another game" now to most Cowboys fans. To Skins fans, we're still their biggest rival and they still hate us as much as before (or at least close) but most Cowboys fans have moved on. I suppose that's one of the reasons Skins fans hate us so much.

Antway, best of luck Sunday and here's to an injury-free game.

Well, I'm sure you speak for all of the bandwagoners in Kansas that think it's cool to root for Dallass, the Yankees, the Lakers and U.Florida, but I think that's a complete load of crap. It smacks of the same ridiculous, baseless arrogance that makes Dallass and their fans such an easy bunch to despise. Basically, some stupid punk Dallass fans think we're not a good enough team to be their rivals, and that instead they should focus on the teams that have been best in the division the last 10 years, even though you haven't been competitive with them. Get a clue.

Also, saw this in the Breaking News section.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/docs/eatman_column_washdal_rivalry_112009.html

Edited by Bliz

lol

Let me give you a clue. On this site, it's the latter.

Did you see John Wilbur's quote? "It strikes hate and loathing in my mind, almost in a Pavlovian sense." Pavlovian. Look that up. I means "conditioned response" or "conditioned reflex."

Example: It may be the first day of spring. And I might be walking on a sunny day with my girl. And I'd be smiling - a becoming smile. Then, a car drives by. And I might notice it has a Cowboys bumper sticker.

And my mood will immediately become inverted.

You see? That's just one example.

And by the way, your sig is still ****ed up. The height is excessive.

Work on it. :evilg:

Hello again MTH. When I referred to you either love or you either hate us, I was not meaning y'all literally. I know that y'all REALLY hate us, I was referring to people in general.

Concerning Pavlovian? No need to look it up. The conditioned response is referring to Mr. Pavlov's dog. I know.

And the whole loathing part? I get it. I was just explaining that most Cowboy fans have moved on and hate the other NFE teams more now. But please don'y worry, I can still find enough hate in my heart for your little pointed head.

Still working on the sig, I know you like it. I'll get it.

And the whole loathing part? I get it. I was just explaining that most Cowboy fans have moved on and hate the other NFE teams more now.

Apparently, you're mistaken.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=13E85AD5-9581-E718-330F156D48A78A44&editorialAuthor=2

Maybe you're spending sooooo much time here, you can't pencil in any time to spend at dallascowboys.com? Maybe if you did, you'd be up on what's actually going on with the team you claim to follow, and you wouldn't need a Redskins fan to explain it to you.

But please don'y worry, I can still find enough hate in my heart for your little pointed head.

Pointed head? Hmm. Have you seen Rule 5? The last Cowboys fan that dissed a mod got put on read-only and his avatar was changed to "No bozos."

nobozo.gif

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=305748

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=305751

Here's a quote from a veteran Dallas fan: "Any Cowboys fan that thinks the Redskins game is just another game is either very young or very stupid."

Which one are you?

Still working on the sig, I know you like it. I'll get it.

You need to work faster.

Edited by Mark The Homer

Apparently, you're mistaken.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=13E85AD5-9581-E718-330F156D48A78A44&editorialAuthor=2

Maybe you're spending sooooo much time here, you can't pencil in any time to spend at dallascowboys.com? Maybe if you did, you'd be up on what's actually going on with the team you claim to follow, and you wouldn't need a Redskins fan to explain it to you.

Pointed head? Hmm. Have you seen Rule 5? The last Cowboys fan that dissed a mod got put on read-only and his avatar was changed to "No bozos."

nobozo.gif

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=305748

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=305751

Here's a quote from a veteran Dallas fan: "Any Cowboys fan that thinks the Redskins game is just another game is either very young or very stupid."

Which one are you?

You need to work faster.

No, I'm not mistaken, Mark. You are just not listening. During this week, twice a year, yes it is the biggest rivalry. But just not all year long like it is in DC with y'all. Don't get me wrong. I wish it were the same. I am from that era and I miss it. It is the younger fan that doesn't get it. And yes:

"Any Cowboys fan that thinks the Redskins game is just another game is either very young or very stupid."

-Anonymous veteran Dallas fan

Is my favorite quote you had listed because it is true. Although they were all good. I think I have some that you don't. I will try to find them and put them up.

As far as Nick Eatmans article. Besides the fact that he is an idiot and the worse writer they have on staff, it is only partly true. I had already read it. Among the older fans it is true and most definately on target. But overall, other rivalaries have taken some of the limelight. I never said or evem implied it was just another game to us, it is still very important. In fact I will have trouble sleeping tonight, I am very glad it is an early game so I don't have to wait all day. When it is a late game, it is the longest day in the world.

Sorry about the "pointed head" comment. It is an affectionate term of endearment down here. I hope that you are not so sensitive in real life. I was just messin with ya. Geeeez. I'll think of a nicer one for you.

Havin trouble with the sig though. I'll figure it out.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW EVERYONE!!!! (Not Really)

Edited by Boys_n_Blue
mis-spell

I dug a few up that I had.

Did you have this one? If you did, sorry.

Every time you lose you die a little; not all of your organs, a portion of you; maybe just your liver. ~~ George Allen

I'd run over my own mother to win a Super Bowl. ~~ Joe Jacobi, Washington Redskins

I'd run over Joe's mother, too. ~~ Matt Millen, Oakland Raiders

I'm bored, I'm broke and I'm back. ~~ John Riggins returning to football after a one year hold-out

Lighten up, Sandy baby. ~~ John Riggins said to U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Sorry guys, I couldn't help but include this one.

Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.

~ Joe Theismann

Edited by Boys_n_Blue