Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newest Redskin Hater

Cambl2Moss

I know hes an ex-eagle, but Mike Golic is almost unbarable to listen to. Everytime he talks about the NFC, it sounds like fingernails scratching on a chalk board. He is so PRO-COWBOYS all of a sudden, and talks about how the Redskins will have a dissapointing season with no playoff birth.

It is obviously his opinion, and anyone is entitled to their own. So before I hear any cowgirls, small blue, or figgles trolls calling me a homer, read on and you will see this isnt a bashing thread:

Im not sure if anyone has seen his week one picks, but hes the only one from ESPN that picked Minnesota to win in week one. This after he gave us a horrible review on Mike and Mikes 2 a days.

Now for me, I love this. I love to be the underdog, and I am glad the team is going into the opener with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. I just was wondering what other peoples opinions are on Golic, becusae I was talking to a Skins fan the other day that loves him. I dont understand how you can be die hard Skins fan like me, and actually enjoy listening to this guy. Anyone out there a fan?:2cents:

what is ironic is that Golic always takes down Brunell for not having a cannon for an arm saying that limits what the Redskins can do, but fails to realize that Drew Bledsoe's immobility helped lead to those 49 sacks last year, which limited what Dallas could do :)

these are two older players who are past their athletic primes. they both need to be 'system' quarterbacks that get strong play from their OL and skill players. they don't make plays on their own as much anymore. and they both can and do wear down.

I think anyone looking at the two clubs on offense would have to put the Redskins OL and backs ahead of those in Dallas. The receivers are a tossup depending upon what Owens does. Moss has to get the nod over Glenn based on his all-pro season last year. Cooley and Witten are close.

But thats not the only time he downplayed the skins

he downplays us everytime...thats why hes a hater

Maybe it's because since he's been broadcasting we really haven't been among the elite in the league. Last year was our first playoff appearance in a while. So otherwise neutral outsiders aren't going to be jumping on the bandwagon until the W's start piling up. Golic played against a lot of teams in his career. I'm not sure he holds any special "hate" for the Skins.

I for one LOVE the way the entire media has done a 180 and turned their backs on us. I hated how much pub we were getting after our off-season moves. The LAST thing this team needs is to go into a season as the favorites. We came out of nowhere last season -- and thank God we will have the opportunity to do it again in '06. Besides, how much more fun is it to watch these guys squirm every week after their predictions blow up in their faces !!

HAIL

:point2sky

Maybe it's because since he's been broadcasting we really haven't been among the elite in the league. Last year was our first playoff appearance in a while. So otherwise neutral outsiders aren't going to be jumping on the bandwagon until the W's start piling up. Golic played against a lot of teams in his career. I'm not sure he holds any special "hate" for the Skins.

The problem is that he's not an outsider. He played in the NFC East from 1987-1992 when the Skins won two SB's and were a playoff team almost every year.

The thing is that I scrolled down to the picks and saw one person picked against the Skins and said to myself, "must be Golic." And I have been out of the country for a month so haven't heard any of his recent anti-Skins comments. He just doesn't respect the organization including Gibbs and hasn't as long as he's been in the media.

I for one LOVE the way the entire media has done a 180 and turned their backs on us. I hated how much pub we were getting after our off-season moves. The LAST thing this team needs is to go into a season as the favorites. We came out of nowhere last season -- and thank God we will have the opportunity to do it again in '06. Besides, how much more fun is it to watch these guys squirm every week after their predictions blow up in their faces !!

HAIL

:point2sky

Im with you, I'd much rather be the underdog. But in response to the thread before yours...he was a memeber of the media all year last year. He hated near the end of our run last year, and hated all off season, even when many mediots jumped on our bandwagen for awhile. Just watch, even if we start out with a winning record, nothing, I mean NOTHING, will change Golic's mind about us ever

The problem is that he's not an outsider. He played in the NFC East from 1987-1992 when the Skins won two SB's and were a playoff team almost every year.

The thing is that I scrolled down to the picks and saw one person picked against the Skins and said to myself, "must be Golic." And I have been out of the country for a month so haven't heard any of his recent anti-Skins comments. He just doesn't respect the organization including Gibbs and hasn't as long as he's been in the media.

Hmm, maybe he's looking at personnel, reading reports on teams, and making a prediction based on his best guess. Maybe he doesn't have some bizarre deep-seated resentment against a team he played against 14 years ago while being oddly neutral about the other fierce East division rivals. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't really give a flying flick one way or the other about the Redskins.

Naw, he hates us. Just like all the others. :rolleyes:

Why can't last year be enough.

Every mediot picked us to go about 6-10 in the beginning of the season. Than, everyone picked us NOT to make the playoffs.

OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T KNOW S H ! T

We all know the Skins are very good.

What about the years they picked us to end up with that record under the Norv and Spurrier years?

Where they mediots then?

Is he the big oaf from "Saved by the Bell?" the later episodes,

That was his brother, Bob.

The thing that gets me with his love for Dallas is talking about how TO & Alligator Arms will open up things for Julius Jones, which is why he favors them. We have three good WR's, plus Cooley. You can't say our guys don't know the system, because TO has only been practicing for a week or so. You can't claim they have an advantage at QB because it's a draw at best, except that Brunell is more mobile.

The same time, you certainly can't sleep on our Defense.

I just don't get it.

Its gonna be a long season:doh:

Up to this point the only thing anyone can go on is Pre Season......We all know what the Skins did in Pre Season........they looked like a Rec League. Some of you believe that they did this as a bluff, I beleive it is growing pains and am very concerned. I will be at the game on Monday cheering for our boys, until then I will be watching almost non-stop football coverage. There is no doubt that everyone in the media is turned off by the Redskins, frankly, so am I. The (insert game here) game was a joke, tho everyone said the starting D looked good. The fact is the offense has not moved the ball, the special teams play was down right funny and the defensive starters looked good but the back ups gave up plenty of yards.

All we have to thankful for about this Pre-Season is that its over. What happend over the last month will not matter at all four weeks from now. I beleive the ship will be righted and we will be a playoff team this year. See you in the Red Lot then the Cave on Monday:D .

:2cents:

You know, I've been reading all these "hater" threads for the last couple of weeks and I'm somewhat confused. Maybe you folks can help me understand this better....

Let's take a look at what this team has been the last 14 years.... (for realistic purposes 8-7-1 is 8-8 in my mind)

99-125 record. (.442 winning percentage)

6 times they've had 6 or less wins in a season (42.9%)

Only twice have they won 10+ games in a season (14.3%)

They've had an 8-8 record 3 times (21.4%)

They've had a losing record 7 time (50.0%)

They've had a winning record 4 times (28.6%) and they've never had consecutive winning seasons

They've been to the playoffs only 3 times (21.4%) and never in consecutive seasons

Since Joe Gibbs' return:

They're 16-16 (.500) in the regular season with a 1-1 (.500) record in the playoffs.

They went 0-4 in the preseason this year

They've turned over the OC and several of the offensive skill position players this offseason. We have our starting RB injured.

Now let's look at the people making these prognostications:

They're predominantly either former players whom the Redskins beat up on during their playing days. The rest are career sports media people who the Redskins franchise has upset or pissed off one way or another over the years or who the Redskins fans have beaten on for one reason or another over time (ie... not voting for a former 'Skin's induction into the HOF).

So, what we have is a team that hasn't really done much of anything positive in a decade and a half being reviewed by a bunch of people who generally have an anti-Redskins personal attitude/viewpoint.

And you folks are SURPRISED that they're not laying down the red carpet, booking the brass band and penciling us in for the Super Bowl?!?!?!

Come on. What is it that would make anyone expect these people to be heaping praise and adoration on the Redskins under those conditions?

Archived