Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Last Seasons 1st game win over Dallas, did you...

Commander Adama

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok while watching last Seasons first game against Dallas, I kept struggling with thoughts that we would lose the game. I kept trying to push back the overwhelming dread I had felt ever since Coach Gibbs retired. I was kept checking in on the forums seeing people posting they were going to bed (my wife being one of them) and that we sucked. I had to stop looking at the forums, but for some reason I just felt that the Redskins had to pull out the win during this game, so I kept watching. Then the 2 bombs to Santana Moss came!! I guess in my excitement, some dirt got caught in my eye, because a couple tears came down my face. Now I was just wondering, during that win over Dallas, if some others experienced this mysterious dirt in the eye or how they were affected...

I sat there brooding the entire game and didn't allow my flatmates to change the channel. After it happened, they were happier than I was. I was in shock. I do recall saying, "Holy s***" a lot. That, and "No way". I "got dirt in the eye" watching the 2005 yearbook (Just the Beginning, was it?) on ESPN when they were covering it.

i was so happy my best friend at the time was a big dallas fan and he was rubbing it in my face even after we got the first TD but man after the second he got and ear full i mean it was like 5 to 1 the next day we trashed his car with burgandy and gold but yes when i went to bed i was so excited i could hardly sleep

:dallasuck

I was in bed screaming quietly and when the clock hit 00:00, my twin bro (cowboys fan) came into my room and started cussing me out about how we got lucky and suck so bad and won't make the playoffs or beat them the second time that year. Of course we went to that second game at fedex and we all know what happened then! I had to rub it in his face! LOL!

:dallasuck :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was so shocked that i could barely speak and then the phone calls from all my buddies started pouring in and i didn't go to bed till like 2AM.

We kept calling this buddy of mine who is a Cowboy fan all night and leaving him messages.

At office we got a printout of the santana catch and posted it on my bosses office door ( he is a cowboy fan ).

Hope i can do the same this year :D

my buddy from texas left with 6:00 left and i told him, "its not over till its over". he said, "yeah, whatever." 30 minutes later - i'm calling him and telling him the 'Skins won. he had just got home and didn't believe me. he turned on the TV and saw the last :30. no "dirt in the eye", but i felt like a kid on Christmas morning.... kinda like when they announced Gibbs was coming back.

I actually opened the door to my house and let out a big yell, thinking there might be other people out there, but I just ended up scaring the daylights out of some poor girl having a smoke across the street. I just watched the highlights of the last 4 minutes of that game today, and it made me whoop it up again. I can't wait for the *real* season to start.

I was watching up in my room, my father was downstairs. I had almost gone to sleep, until Brunell hit Moss with the first touchdown. That really brought me back into it. When Moss scored the second touchdown I ran to the top of the stairs and watched my dad running laps around the house. After that we sat at the edge of our seats until the clock hit 00:00 :point2sky :dallasuck

I couldn't scream out loud cause the parents were sleeping upstair but I screamed inside. I was dancing in my living room and calling everyone I knew. Easily the greatest Skins moment I have ever expierienced! I teared up a little and anytime I see that clip I still tear up.

i was so happy my best friend at the time was a big dallas fan and he was rubbing it in my face even after we got the first TD but man after the second he got and ear full i mean it was like 5 to 1 the next day we trashed his car with burgandy and gold but yes when i went to bed i was so excited i could hardly sleep

:dallasuck

Exactly, my buddy, a huge puke fan, was sitting on my couch with a smug look all night. I was actually in the kitchen making a new drink in which to drown my sorrows when the first one happend. That one produced the shouts heard round the neighborhood. The second one, I was speechless...and right then and there I knew we were back. That produced a little "dirt in the eye" although I was shouting pretty loud too.

Edit: I noticed a few others were in the presence of puke fans too. Didn't that make it all the more enjoyable!

When Moss scored that second TD I jumped up out of my chair so fast I got a head rush and had to sit on the floor to keep from passing out. I then called my mom, who passed on her love of the 'Skins to me and my brother's and she was screaming and then I was screaming. What a great night!

I was in bed screaming quietly and when the clock hit 00:00, my twin bro (cowboys fan) came into my room and started cussing me out about how we got lucky and suck so bad and won't make the playoffs or beat them the second time that year. Of course we went to that second game at fedex and we all know what happened then! I had to rub it in his face! LOL!

:dallasuck :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your twin is a puke fan? That's odd, you must have strangled him a little in the womb while his brain was forming. He must be fraternal.

I was weary of the horrible offensive performance and struggling to stay awake, already phoned by two puke fans to rub the loss in my face. I was wide awake after the first TD, and so were my puke fan buddies after the second because I called them and got them out of bed. Tired as I was, I couldn't get to sleep till after 3.

I was at home watching, and the wife and kid were long asleep. The next morning at work, my manager (Giants fan) instantly started busting my horns about the Skins loos to Dallas. It was so much fun pulling up headlines online being he went to sleep before it was over, and watching him look completely dunbfounded at the final socre.

I'll never forget that night. My bud and next door neighbor, another former Marine but fatally flawed Dallas fan, was watching with me. Being, by definition, lame, he left after the 3rd Quarter. 'This one's over man' he said smugly as he left, full as a tick on free beer.

I did as many here did. Watched with a growing knot in my throat and checked in to ExtremeSkins to commiserate and share in the agony with friends. Then...it happened. The first TD. No more checking on the board, I was too nervous. We got the ball back and when Brunell threw the 2nd TD I was running around my house, jumping from couch to chair, screaming and yet not screaming, the loudest non-scream in America (my kids and wife were asleep in the adjacent rooms). One of the most exciting games I've ever seen, and I've seen a few. Then the white knuckle last chance for the Eagles.

The icing on the cake was a 12:30am phone call from Blade, who'd just got done dancing on the Dallas star and was as excited as I'd ever heard him.

Total sweetness. Only one thing could be better. Beating them at home in an NFC Championship game and winning the Super Bowl.

Amazing.

If you didn't get tears in your eyes that night, you don't have a pulse.

And the next morning, leaving the house for work, fate had my neighbor walking out. He didn't even know. I just shouted 'REDSKINNNNNNS!!!!', pumped my fist in the air, and got in the car. The look on his face is a cherished memory.

After being owned by dallas for so long, I had a sick feeling we'd go down in the last seconds. There was way too much time on the clock for my comfort. That smothering defensive stand that followed was a sight to behold. I reserved my elation till 00.00. That was, without a doubt, one of the grandest larcenies I can think of. Brunnell and Moss flat picked their pockets. What made it so sweet for me was to see the girls go from butt slappin and high fivin to the gutter so fast...and in their own house to boot. I danced a Bruce Willis jig that night.

:eaglesuck

Archived