Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys Cut Drew Henson

Hooper

It's up at the Ranch.

At his press conference, Parcells said "Drew Henson will not be on our roster this year."

He's now officially a huge bust in two sports. Wow.

"How bout them Comboys"

That just came into my head when I read the above post. Don't really know why except it's nice seeing the pukes fail.

they gave him a nice signing bonus a couple of years back to understudy for the job.

I am not surprised, though. He never showed that he was comfortable at this level.

Even Chad Hutchinson looked better than Henson that first season they were in Dallas together. And Hutchinson was a borderline NFLer as it turned out.

Parcells didn't bring Henson in, that was Jones' move, so I don't think Bill had any trouble jettisoning Drew.

I think this points up the fact that the Cowboys have failed for a number of years to find the successor to Troy Aikman because they refuse to invest a top pick in a quarterback.

Ryan Leaf, Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, etc.

Jones has been trying to find the 'cheap' alternative to finding a capable starting quarterback to build around and it hasn't worked.

Meanwhile the Eagles drafted McNabb, the Giants drafted Manning and the Redskins drafted Campbell.

What does that tell you about where the Cowboys are right now? :)

True, but I think we found a pretty damn good one in the process. Just goes to show that big schools, all the accolades and measurables aren't always everything.

I'm not sure who you're referring to, but if you're talking about Mr. Rib Shop Owner, you'd better think again about relying on someone with little if any game time experience.

More like failed experiment. He's clearly been beat out by much better QB prospect. Hopefully we can pull off a trade?

Try the Jets. They might be looking to get rid of Santan... oops, we already fleeced them on that one. Hmmm, how about... well, I actually can't think of anyone on the Jet's roster right now. I'll get back to you...

True, but I think we found a pretty damn good one in the process. Just goes to show that big schools, all the accolades and measurables aren't always everything.

Yeah, are you talking about Romo sits to pee? Let's not forget that he has yet to take a snap. A real snap, anyway. For all your talking about the preseason being meaningless, try to remember that when referring to your QB savior.

Meanwhile the Eagles drafted McNabb, the Giants drafted Manning and the Redskins drafted Campbell.

And what exactly has Campbell done to deserve to be included in that company? At this point, Romo sits to pee looks to be every bit the prospect that Campbell does.

they gave him a nice signing bonus a couple of years back to understudy for the job.

I am not surprised, though. He never showed that he was comfortable at this level.

Even Chad Hutchinson looked better than Henson that first season they were in Dallas together. And Hutchinson was a borderline NFLer as it turned out.

Parcells didn't bring Henson in, that was Jones' move, so I don't think Bill had any trouble jettisoning Drew.

I think this points up the fact that the Cowboys have failed for a number of years to find the successor to Troy Aikman because they refuse to invest a top pick in a quarterback.

Ryan Leaf, Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, etc.

Jones has been trying to find the 'cheap' alternative to finding a capable starting quarterback to build around and it hasn't worked.

Unless you trade/pickup/etc a veteran at or near the end of his career, you pretty much have to draft franchise QB's. Yes, exceptions to the rule occur, but by and large the draft is the only place to get a franchise QB. QB and LT are pretty much the only positions this applies too. Teams just don't let their franchise QB or LT go. Even the skins, that trade draft choices at whim, drafted a QB they hope is the future.

Yeah, are you talking about Romo sits to pee? Let's not forget that he has yet to take a snap. A real snap, anyway. For all your talking about the preseason being meaningless, try to remember that when referring to your QB savior.

Campbell hasn't taken a snap either right? Stop showing your nervousness. All I said is that I'm glad that we do have a promising QB PROSPECT since Henson obviously hasn't worked out in Dallas.

Pukes get a decent pre-season game out of the backup, and all their fans here think they've arrived at the picnic.

I sure hope 'that backup qb' gets to play this year.

Sorry but it was not just A game , it was 2 games. It was one full game and a half. IN those two games he looked lite years ahead of anything the skins have.

Sorry but it was not just A game , it was 2 games. It was one full game and a half. IN those two games he looked lite years ahead of anything the skins have.

Um, two pre-season games.

I'd still like him to start over Bledsoe. How about you? :laugh:

Archived