Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys Cut Drew Henson

Hooper

Drew Henson made a big mistake in his athletic career by going for the early dollars and not seeing the big picture. Still he is walking away with $3.5 million of Jones' money for handing out Gatorade the past 2 years. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Well it was a 3rd round pick, but lets see we have an undrafted WR that is going to make the squad this year pushing Crayton for the 3rd WR spot. You guys remember Crayton that 7th rounder that burnt Taylor and Springs.

Also we have an undrafted free agent that we just traded to the Saints for a 4th round pick. .

Not like we gave up a first for Brad Johnson or reached for Ramsey or Campbell. :laugh:

Actually I believe that LB was traded for a 7th not a 4th.

Thanks for proving my point for me THA. All the Skinshaters on these boards always talk of how often the Skins reach with picks and waste picks, but apparently the cowboys make mistakes too. That was my only point.

I also love how even though Parcells is in the organization at the time, its all Jerry's fault for grabbing Henson. Apparently when a pick is a bust or doesn't pan out, its Jerry, but if they get a guy like Ware, it must be the brilliant moves of Bill "Super GM" Parcells. Face it THA and other cowboys homers, every organization has picks that dont pan out, absolute busts, steals, and good solid pick production. Maybe you'll remember that next time you roll your eyes at anything the Skins do in terms of trades, acquisitions, or draft picks.

OOOooo...steped on this one...

Update on the Henson situation:

Just listened to Parcells' press conference and Henson is not actually cut. Parcells stated, "Drew Henson will not be part of our 53 man roster." They are apparently trying to deal him.

So they might not cut him for nothing. They may only get a 7th round pick for him, but it is better than nothing.

Gosh...I just fell over this one...

Sorry, not sure how you know he isn't very good.

He has barely played. Teams will give up something for a guy who is smart, has prototypical size and athletisism.

For whatever reason, he never endeared himself to Parcells. I would not be surprised to see more than one team willing to give up something for a developmental qb.

Eagles come to mind, but doubt the Cowboys would deal him within the division.

Jerry Jones actually had a Freudian slip on MNF when he said, "I would not doubt for a minute that we will see Drew Henson starting for another team in a couple of years."

Just not the right place for him, especially with what they have in Romo sits to pee.

Archived