Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Jesse Lumsden has a good game this Saturday...ramifications are? (merged)

Just a curious question, if anyone can answer me on this:

Q: Why do they say 4 RB's when Rock was slated as a FB last year?

You say Rock was "slated" as a FB last year, but neither Rock nor Nemo played FB last year. Although Rock has and can play FB, both he and Nemo were used from the tailback position last year. This year its different or could be.

Nemo is playing FB and has to make it as a FB now. Rock could wind up as the backup FB or a backup tailback, depending on how Joe Gibbs wants to carve up the roster. :)

Seriously though, why are we still so enamoured with Lumsden? The way he gets talked about, you'd think that his supporters would be SUPER pissed if he didn't start right away. In the VERY best situation, he'd be the number three back and you'd hardly see him play. And when he DID, it would be against first team defenses.

Ironically, I think the whole reason Lumsden is talked about so much is because of his detractors. People like myself who think it unlikely he makes the team are sticking up for him against those who say he is terrible or has no chance. EVERYONE has a chance, but there are still those who refuse to accept this.

Were everyone to just say "we'll see" in response the the question of whether Jesse can/will make it, I don't think we'd see even 1/10 of the posts on this subject.

However, when someone comes on the board and says he sucks because he runs upright, or because the coaches haven't played him, or because he "only" played in the cfl, it leads me and others to defend him. Why the hell would someone say, "you only care about him because he's white"? It's ignorant to assume others are ignorant.

Lastly, and the most amusing to me personally, are those bothering to post the question "why are we still talking about him!" (you are a part of this thread too!)... ahh, good old irony. :2cents:

You say Rock was "slated" as a FB last year, but neither Rock nor Nemo played FB last year. Although Rock has and can play FB, both he and Nemo were used from the tailback position last year. This year its different or could be.

Nemo is playing FB and has to make it as a FB now. Rock could wind up as the backup FB or a backup tailback, depending on how Joe Gibbs wants to carve up the roster. :)

Ok thanx inmate. They had him (Rock) listed as a FB on the roster last year so I wasn't sure how they used him.

... I can't see how anyone could post about the definite potential of an undrafted free agent who hasn't seen the field in any extended time to knock off the roster a veteran who has peformed at a solid pace in the NFL.

So drafted rookie RB's get a break and are automatically labeled definite potentials? Just because of the money?

Let me use a Gibbism....."up here....you gotta prove yourself on offense and on teams....I think the world of Jesse..I really do...he's a great character guy...but there is no way we can fit him into our roster with the talent we have....so we need to find out what's best for him....boy I tell ya....the kid fights his gutts out...he'll be great in the CFL next year I tell ya that! He fights super hard..."

Let me re-post this:

Let me use a Gibbism....."up here....you gotta prove yourself on offense and on teams....I think the world of Jesse..I really do...he's a great character guy...but there is no way we can fit him into our roster with the talent we have....so we need to find out what's best for him....boy I tell ya....the kid fights his gutts out...he'll be great in the CFL next year I tell ya that! He fights super hard..."

I can't tell if this Gibbsism is real text, or make-believe Joe talk. [Gibbs uses the word "real" when he means to say "very" ... i.e., this kid is real talented ... so I think this is fake.]

I'd be interested to see if WHO gets the tryout on kick returns. They cut Ataveus Cash to make room for Duckett. Jimmy Ferris is the other guy they have back there. Eubanks' name is on the depth chart, but I haven't seen him on the field for a kickoff.

In the off-season, when Derrick Dockery was talking about the pick up basket ball at Redskins Park on the Al Michael show on redskins.com, I thought he said that #37 was the fastest guy there (maybe he said fastest white guy). Anyway, maybe Lumsden has a shot at KOR.

I don't understand the man crush on Lumsden. While I certainly would like to see him succeed, remind me again on what exaclty he has done thus far to earn a spot on the team?

For real. I've never seen anything indicating his NFL-caliber talent. I don't understand why people think he's a #3 RB. At all.

Archived