Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Jesse Lumsden has a good game this Saturday...ramifications are? (merged)

I thought he might be before the Duckett invasion..... but then we got the Duckett and now its a lil crowded. I can see Lumsden staying only if Betts gets traded and Nemo and White get cut.

Gotta agree, and I'm guessing White ends up as our backup FB... so good luck Jesse. I do wonder if we would be able to hold him on our PS, we'll see how it all shakes out soon.

I don't understand the man crush on Lumsden. While I certainly would like to see him succeed, remind me again on what exaclty he has done thus far to earn a spot on the team?
Man crush????Do a little research on the man before you pass judgement. I can't believe after seeing Lumsden in training camp, that Rock is even listed as a RB!

I would rather root for a guy like Rock who had potential and makes a big enough splash to impress the coaches every offseason. Start rooting for the players who are gonna make the team and have a big impact on a possibly very exciting season.

typical responce

Lumsden is going to get his shot in the next two preseason games. His comp is Rock and Nemo. He could beat them out with a good showing.

He's a better running back then both of them. Rock has advantage over teams, but that may only be slight. The smart move to me if they really like Jesse is cut Rock at the end of season, see if he clears, bring him back and put Jesse on practice squad

This is contingent on Jesse having a good showing in one of the last two preaseason games. He's going to get this shot. He has to deliver.

Nemo had his shot last week. Carter had his shot against the Bengals and got hurt.

Probably the big game for Jesse will actually be some tomorrow, but probably the last game.

Unbelievable. So now he's better than Rock and Ladell based on what? His CFL highlights? His 30 yards in a scrimmage against the ravens 4th stringers? I mean, I know everybody loves a white running back, but come the hell on.

Did Winston October last more than one year? It's nothing against the league, but the success rate isn't high enough to consider every CFL-jumper a slam dunk to make it in the NFL.

I completely agree with you...the CFL is a good place for special players to hone their craft and few can make the jump...but some have done it very well...a redskin great got his start with the argos..a guy named Theisman...all I would like to see is Lumsden be judged on talent instead of where he comes from and where he played....if he gets to the practice roster the kid will work his arse off to get better next year...or get grabbed off it by someone else.

Unbelievable. So now he's better than Rock and Ladell based on what? His CFL highlights? His 30 yards in a scrimmage against the ravens 4th stringers? I mean, I know everybody loves a white running back, but come the hell on.

Why do you keep mentioning the fact that he is white?

Archived