Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WSJ: Liberal politics will prove fruitless as long as liberals refuse to multiply

TC4

Come on now, guys. Everybody knows that it really is true that only the Right tries to indocrinate their own children. The Left doesn't believe in that.

They think it's small time. The Left tries to indoctrinate everybody's children. ;)

Sorry but party affiliation is not hereditary. My parents were both pretty conservative when I was growing up. They're just a little older than the baby boomers. Now my Dad is still a Republican, although to his credit he is deeply ashamed of George Bush, as we all should be. My Mom became a Democrat during Bush's first term. I've been a Republican and a Democrat, and now I'm independent. I could also point out that liberal =/ Democrat and conservative =/ Republican, especially the last 6 years or so.

Plus, you must all know somebody with conservative parents who's a hippy, liberal feminist/counter-cultural type. And likewise there are plenty children of liberals who are proud little Alex P. Keaton rebels.

I'm always a little disturbed by articles that talk about who is breeding and who isn't, and whether or not that's good for the country. I think all you can do is set up a system where people are allowed to vote their conscience and pursue they're own best interests, and trust that no matter what demographic group is most populous, the system will work.

BTW Sarge, maybe the reason republicans don't use birth control is because their face is the only birth control needed :laugh:

I see this leading to another thread about which party has better looking girls, although I dont think any guys here complained

Has anyone considered this possibility:

People who have more children become more conservative ... more bills to pay and more worrying about what might happen to their kids, be it crime, unstable politics, or a changing culture. You're not going to be worrying about trees and manatees when you have mouths to feed at home.

It's not that liberals aren't having kids; it's that people with kids aren't being liberal.

Sorry but party affiliation is not hereditary. My parents were both pretty conservative when I was growing up. They're just a little older than the baby boomers. Now my Dad is still a Republican, although to his credit he is deeply ashamed of George Bush, as we all should be. My Mom became a Democrat during Bush's first term. I've been a Republican and a Democrat, and now I'm independent. I could also point out that liberal =/ Democrat and conservative =/ Republican, especially the last 6 years or so.

Plus, you must all know somebody with conservative parents who's a hippy, liberal feminist/counter-cultural type. And likewise there are plenty children of liberals who are proud little Alex P. Keaton rebels.

I'm always a little disturbed by articles that talk about who is breeding and who isn't, and whether or not that's good for the country. I think all you can do is set up a system where people are allowed to vote their conscience and pursue they're own best interests, and trust that no matter what demographic group is most populous, the system will work.

Its obvious that your parents didn't believe in abortion when you were conceived.:cheers:

Its obvious that your parents didn't believe in abortion when you were conceived.:cheers:

Straight out of Rush's mouth. . .What a crock of crap.

Just because you believe in abortion does not mean you don't believe in having children :doh:

I believe in pro choice, I believe the government should have absolutely no say what a woman can and can not do with their body. Why 500 or so aging white males get to decide what every woman in this country can and can not do with their body is beyond me. . .

Just because you believe in abortion does not mean you don't believe in having children :doh:

I believe in pro choice, I believe the government should have absolutely no say what a woman can and can not do with their body. Why 500 or so aging white males get to decide what every woman in this country can and can not do with their body is beyond me. . .

So, in other words, you are against having children. :silly:

I personally think Rush is an entertainer and is really not that complex in thought. My point is that on average, people do follow their parents political leanings with some exception brought up in this thread. But those who a pro-choice obviously have less children if and when they are pro-abortion during a pregnancy. People against abortion populate more than those against. That is the non-ditto response to your agressive attack.:cheers:

But those who a pro-choice obviously have less children if and when they are pro-abortion during a pregnancy. People against abortion populate more than those against.

Not necessarily! People who are pro-abortion are less likely to marry somebody just because the girl got pregnant, thus they are more likely to end up with a more suitable mate. Therefore they will end up living a happier life and having more children. Better milk comes from happy cows!

I personally think Rush is an entertainer and is really not that complex in thought. My point is that on average, people do follow their parents political leanings with some exception brought up in this thread. But those who a pro-choice obviously have less children if and when they are pro-abortion during a pregnancy. People against aborti0n populate more than those against. That is the non-ditto response to your agressive attack.:cheers:

This just in from the Ministry of Truth - 'Pro-choice' is now to be known as 'Pro-aborti0n'.

That is all.

Why is it that all the women who are against abortion are people you wouldn't want to f*** in the first place :laugh:

BTW Sarge, maybe the reason republicans don't use birth control is because their face is the only birth control needed :laugh:

That's low. I think my wife is smokin', and she's about as far against abortion as someone can get.

And she doesn't use birth control, and we just had number 4.

What are ya trying to say there, Chom? Hmmmmm?

What do you mean by "think for themselves"? We are all influenced by our environment, parents, upbringing, etc. There is no getting around that.

If I had to draw that line I'd do it between "thinking" and "not thinking" - and merely repeating or not repeating tendencies of parents would not be an indicator of either.

What I mean is, that IMO, you should not choose your political affiliation just because it's what your parents choose, that's retarded, to put it mildly.

Case in point.... My grandmother is a diehard republican. However, because of her current situation, she would personally benefit more from a dem perspective (medicare etc...) but she doesn't care, she watches fox news and thinks the dems are evil.

My other grandmother was a diehard dem and wouldn't vote gop for anything, even though with her financial situation, she would have benefitted more from a gop point of view.

My parents are conservatives, mainly because of the "religious" affiliations, yet both of my parents work in the school system and do not benefit from any GOP tax breaks. Yet they still vote GOP regardless.

I vote independant because I think the problem is that the dems are too far to the left and the gop is too far to the right.

I hope that my child learns to weigh each situation and vote according to what benefits him and his family rather than voting republican because the christians say so or voting dem because they love trees and whales more.

Also, regarding the posts about abortion... Just because someone feels that abortion should be legal does not mean that they go around having abortions all the time.

Because not only the woman's body is involved - the body of someone with no say in the matter is too. It's called protecting the innocent and the weak.

Because not only the woman's body is involved - the body of someone with no say in the matter is too. It's called protecting the innocent and the weak.

Ummm, 4 cells does not make up a human, and a woman has every right not to allow a parasite live off her body. I venture if men could have children this wouldn't even be up for deabte. . .

Ummm, 4 cells does not make up a human, and a woman has every right not to allow a parasite live off her body. I venture if men could have children this wouldn't even be up for deabte. . .
Wow! Thank you for a perfect example of a common pro-abortion view of a human life - "a parasite". Nice.

This is the reason that conservatives are outpopulating the liberals. Statistically speaking, free-choice thinkers abort more babies then do anti-abortion thinkers. Generally with few exceptions, kids follow in their parents political view points. More fodder for the destruction of liberals.

Archived