Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor is better than Roy Williams...alot better.

SkinsNoles21

:doh: That qualifies as the "Wait and See" approach. Why don't you guys wait until you actually have proof before you say all this stuff? See, if you say all this stuff, and then on Week 2, RW has a 10 INT game, it'll make you look bad.

Proof? How about what happened in Week 2 last year, twice?

So let's see, so far in this thread the cowpukes have criticised us for "living in the past" and for the "wait and see method" what are we supposed to do, compare their two training camps so far? that wouldn't be fair to Roy because he probably doesn't want to horsecollar anyone on his own team.....probably.

I see it this way, Sean Taylor hasn't had the chance to have any all pro seasons because this will only be his third season in the league, but I do believe it will be an all pro one. RW on the other hand will not have an all pro season this year cause he wont be able to horsecollar anybody, therefore his tackles will go down by half and the penalties he will draw will go up by double.

when it's all said and done, at the end of both of their careers, ST will have had the better career. PERIOD

The point is, don't have this discussion during Training Camp. It's pointless. Wait until after a regular season game, or something, don't just conjure up some ideas.

then why don't you stay off our board until the end of training camp?

point is, you're a friggin troll and what the F do you know about anything, are you even in highschool yet? I bet you know more about dungeon and dragons than you know about football, go grow some pubes or somethin before you come here spoutin pro cowgirl crap on this board

point is, you're a friggin troll and what the F do you know about anything, are you even in highschool yet? I bet you know more about dungeon and dragons than you know about football, go grow some pubes or somethin before you come here spoutin pro cowgirl crap on this board

The guy wasn't acting like a troll. There is no reason to persoanlly attack the dude! Your the one who sounds like they are 15!

Wow, I'm going to go cry now.

The point is, don't have this discussion during Training Camp. It's pointless. Wait until after a regular season game, or something, don't just conjure up some ideas.

Thats wat the off and preseason is all about....conjuring up ideas.

To say im living in the past referring to week 2 of last year is dumb. buut if thats to far back for you have about to go to the last time we played each other. you know the score.

Personally when i saw the video i couldnt tell who hits harder. From what i observed it seemed that RW was using a lot more illegal tackles i.e. horse collaring, helmet-leading tackles. When you lead with your helmet you are gonna get a stronger tackle cause all that force is going into the player. However those horse collaring tackles werent illegal then so they are still good tackles. But since i've seen ST play more i'd prefer him over any safety/db in the league appart from Ed Reed because Reed is the Best safety in the league by far. To be honest i would love to have roy williams beacuse like it or not he is a force in the secondary. Also I think we all now ST is gonna be either top 5 or top 3 safeties to ever play the game, well i say this barring his performance in his 3rd season, if he continues to improve even more this year than i just dont see what stops him besides injury

Edit: Ok wow. For the cowboys fan who told us to look at RW in college as comparisn to ST. GIMME A BREAK. I saw that video, that was nothing compared to ST, how could you even think to use that as a reference, thats embarassing. Anyways im so glad they banned horse collaring cause that tackle is dangerous as hell and roy williams uses it way to often to substitute for a real tackle. I never knew who dirty that dude was till i watched these videos.

Well I think that everyone can agree that both these safeties/DB are feared in the NFL. I think that RW uses more illegal tackles than ST and it would be fair to say that he leads with his helmet 40-50% of the time.

Its very close on who is a better player- but seeing how RW went to Oklahoma - I guess it goes to ST. I guess the fact that he is a cowboy doesnt help either. I believe Sean Taylor is a better player, who is a star in the eyes of Redskins fans, and will one day get the respect he deserves at least with the media.

----Dick Butkus Playing Safety-----

Sean Taylor is what Roy Williams wants to be. Anyone who says that Roy is the better safety is a homer or they dont have a clue about football. Roy Williams couldnt even cover a bed if I gave him a blanket. He cant cover worth a damn. Sean Taylor does it all. And if you ask the average football fan who "knows" about football they would say Sean is the best safety by far.

I've said this before, but n e way.

I have a friend that is a Cowgirl fan and he even stated, that if both Roy and S.T. were in the same draft class and he had a choice of picking Roy or S.T., he said, that he would pick S.T. before he would take Roy.

Now lets give it up Cowgirl fans, if you know anything about football, you would do the same.

S.T. over Roy ALL DAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dallasuck

:point2sky

My only concern about Sean Taylor is that he may actually kill someone on the field before his career ends. I mean that, I think he could potentially end someones life on the grid iron.

Nobody, Roy Williams included, has ever made me have this thought, except for Sean "The Destroyer of Worlds" Taylor.

Fellow skins fans, don't fool yourself though, ST horsecollars too. A lot.

So while Roy Williams is one of the best safeties in the NFL today, Sean Taylor, after just two full seasons, is already one of the best in the NFL and on his way to becoming one of the best the game has ever seen.

When the homer cries ring out, which I know they will, I can just sit back and let Sean Taylor prove me right. And maybe I'll give them a little reminder.

The other night, on ESPN NFL Live, Sean and company named the top five safeties in the League, Williams was one, Taylor was not. Now I don't think these guys like Taylor anyway, but I think what you will find is that Taylor's play is well known by Redskins fans. His play however is not well known around the NFL fan base yet. I would like to hear from the actual players when someone is naming the best players in the position. And besides after this year Taylor will be highly recoginized, as will Rodgers.

Rodgers statement in the paper the other day really sums it up. The secondary under Jerry Gray has grown leaps and bounds. Of course a great DL helps as well. I think we have both this time. Get well Sean Springs, hurry. We need Springs to be complete as Williams in envisioning it.

And to Gladys and the other Cowboy fans, watch Taylor closely, you will be amazed how this guy does it. Williams is good, and better to date slightly, but he is not better than Taylor, Taylor can simply do it all. Plays like a LB'er, can play like a corner. I also don't want you to think it is just homer-bating, I study the secondary on every play. Taylor is quite simply the best safety to take the field every Sunday. Moss would not have gotten behind Taylor, especially twice.

I honestly don't think it's even close. Sean Taylor never blew a game for us. He's there, involved in almost every play. It's almost like in Tecmo Bowl when you pick a cornerback, and he can cover the whole field. Sean Taylor does that in real life!

Clint

I honestly don't think it's even close. Sean Taylor never blew a game for us. He's there, involved in almost every play. It's almost like in Tecmo Bowl when you pick a cornerback, and he can cover the whole field. Sean Taylor does that in real life!

Clint

I really, really, really, really, really hate to do this...but...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p0XagLWA2B8

Don't kid yourself, it happens to every good player in the league.

I really, really, really, really, really hate to do this...but...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p0XagLWA2B8

Don't kid yourself, it happens to every good player in the league.

Ok, keep telling yourself that Taylor has not grown and learned and developed. I just can't wait until he smacks the first puke WR that comes his way this season.

To add to the discussion Taylor is a better player and should prove that this season.

Archived