Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor is better than Roy Williams...alot better.

SkinsNoles21

From an Eagle fan perspective, I have to go with Sean Taylor. Sean will mature and fill the small gaps in his game because he has the raw talent and good coaching (as long as he stays out of legal trouble). With Roy Williams, we already see his whole game. Dawkins still has the best all-around game, but probably only has 1-2 top level years left. Reed, Dawk, Polamalu, Taylor, then Williams--hell, maybe the guy from Arizona before Williams.

Imagine Taylor and Dawkins in the same secondary.

My only concern about Sean Taylor is that he may actually kill someone on the field before his career ends. I mean that, I think he could potentially end someones life on the grid iron.

Nobody, Roy Williams included, has ever made me have this thought, except for Sean "The Destroyer of Worlds" Taylor.

Fellow skins fans, don't fool yourself though, ST horsecollars too. A lot.

I guess you've never seen Jack Tatum.... he paralyzed a guy in a preseason game.

So i guess the fact that cowboys for life is using footage of ST as a ROOKIE, and we are using footage of Roy Williams in his PRIME doesnt matter.

Give me a break, ST would never get torched twice in one game like what happened to Roy. Especially not at home on a night commemorating the best players the franchise has seen.

So i guess the fact that cowboys for life is using footage of ST as a ROOKIE, and we are using footage of Roy Williams in his PRIME doesnt matter.

What difference does it make considering both sides are using 1 or 2 plays over the course of the player's ENTIRE career?

ALL Safeties give up TD's at some point... that's like saying a Goalie sucks in soccer because he gave up a goal. :rolleyes:

1. Ed Reed
  2. Troy Polamalu
  3. Brian Dawkins
  4. Sean Taylor
  5. Bob Sanders
  6. Roy Williams

What are you pukes drinking? Sean is on his way up the list. Barring injury, he will overtake at least one of the guys in front of him this year. I actually see him already about tied with Dawkins, but don't want to seem like too much of a homer.

On the other hand, Williams is on his way down the list. His favorite technique is now illegal. He will now be forced to get in position to make a tackle. And actually tackle them. Like ST.

1. Ed Reed
  2. Troy Polamalu
  3. Brian Dawkins
  4. Sean Taylor
  5. Bob Sanders
  6. Roy Williams

What are you pukes drinking? Sean is on his way up the list. Barring injury, he will overtake at least one of the guys in front of him this year. I actually see him already about tied with Dawkins, but don't want to seem like too much of a homer.

On the other hand, Williams is on his way down the list. His favorite technique is now illegal. He will now be forced to get in position to make a tackle. And actually tackle them. Like ST.

What about Adrian Wilson? :doh: I would take him over Williams as well. But I would not take Bob Sanders over Roy Williams.

You could take this post a little further and say:

Gibbs>Parcells

Brunell>Bledsoe

Portis>Julius Jones

Santana Moss>Terry Glenn

Jansen, Samuels and Thomas>anybody on the OL for Dallas

Griffin>any D lineman for the Dallas

M. Washington>any LB for Dallas

Springs>any CB for Dallas

Cooley>Witten

of course Sean T.>Roy W.

No wonder we kicked the crap out of them last year. :dallasuck

:laugh: :laugh: You really know your stuff! :koolaid: :no: :thumbsup:

This is a silly thread ....

I hate the Cowboys but if Roy was a redskin and Taylor was a Cowboy everyone on this board would be writing the reverse of what they are writing now.

Roy is one of the best Strong safties in the game and has been matched with horrible Free safties ...

Taylor is one of the best Free safties in the league and just needs to grow up a bit ...

God help the AFC when these 2 start being the duo in the Probowl on a regular basis ......

P.S. Taylor is much better in coverage and a better athlete .... but to say he hits harder than Roy is crazy.

Sean Taylor is the better safety. In 2004 Sean Taylor should have been on the pro bowl squad as a rookie, but they gave it to Roy Williams because of ST's bad behavior on/off the field. He had more tackles and INTS than Roy that year. Roy Williams is a very, very good safety, but Sean Taylor, Brian Dawkins, and Ed Reed are better than he is.

Sean Taylor is the better safety. In 2004 Sean Taylor should have been on the pro bowl squad as a rookie, but they gave it to Roy Williams because of ST's bad behavior on/off the field. He had more tackles and INTS than Roy that year. Roy Williams is a very, very good safety, but Sean Taylor, Brian Dawkins, and Ed Reed are better than he is.

I agree .... he is a better Free Safety

But most people on here are acting like Roy Williams is some kinda bum.

I would love to have Roy Williams as our Strong Safety, him and Sean would be the most unstopable duo EVER ....... period.

im sorry i think sean taylor is above brian dawkins. He's getting old. AND Adrian Wilson is extremely underrated, he should be above roy williams.

What are you basing this on?

Brian Dawkins has KILLER stats! He just doesn't get as much media hype as some of the other guys like Polamalu (who is grossly overhyped).

You're comparing a guy that had 3.5 sacks, 3 INTs, 4 Forced Fumbles, and 19 pass deflections in the 2005 season.

No safety in the NFL can touch those stats for the 2005 season.... not even Roy Williams or Sean Taylor!

He's getting OLD? 2005 was the 2nd best year of his career statistically (behind is AWESOME season in 1999).

Far too many people in this thread just spew their opinions without actually having ANY evidence to support their statements!

Archived