Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor is better than Roy Williams...alot better.

SkinsNoles21

They are both good. One is a thug, the other a God fearing man. Let us see where they end up when its all said and done before making strong statements like "ST is a better saftey than RW. Good luck week 2. You're gonna need it.:)

I think its safe to say last year in week 2 we did get that luck we needed.

Allow me to disagree.

Taylor probably has a better potential than Roy.

But wait, IS he better NOW, in the present? (sorry, that was a bit redundant, but trying to get the pt. across)

That's up to discussion. I don't care about potential RIGHT NOW, because it doesn't make someone better RIGHT NOW. Do you get what I'm saying?

Your rediculous dude. Sean Taylor does have more potiential than Roy Williams your right. He is better than him now too. I know thats hard to see but its the truth. I'm not your casual skin homer by the way too.

I'm tired of Cowboy Fans saying "HAHAHAHAHHAHA YOUR RIGHT PUNK!!! sean TAYLOR IS betTER than Roy WILLiaMs ~~~POtientiallYYY!~~~~~~ BUUUUUT ROy williamsS is better than SEAN "SPIT MOUTHer" TAYLOR NoooOOooowwwW."

:doh: Atleast you sounded like a human being when you disagreed cowboy fan.

for you're next comparison, lets compare Julius Jones and Moose Johnson.

Die hard fan are ya? I'm sure you meant Moose JOHNSTON, don't worry I make the same mistake all the time when I talk about Marc Ripen or Jon Riggens. By the way ask Santana Moss who's better. OK seriously ask Randy Moss who's a better safety. Roy is a one trick pony, he's a hellava trick but a one trick none the less.

Simply put Roy is a linebacker playing safety, Sean is a safety that can play linebacker, there is a world of difference.

Williams plays the run better.

Taylor could play ANY position on the field and be successful, though. After he intercepts the football, he runs like a RB or receiver.

Put it this way, Roy Williams is better as a strong safety. Taylor is a better FOOTBALL player.

(Sigh....)

No malicious offense intended to anyone, especially the thread starter, but this is embarrassing for all involved. Either player could get burned in the next game and it still wouldn't prove a thing. These are two dangerous men on the field.

Against the pass there is no doubt that Sean is better than Roy. Against the run I would say Roy would get a slight nod-- Roy is a disaster against the deep ball and can not even cover TEs much less assist CBs deep.

However, And I am a huge Skins fan, NEITHER are the best in the NFL.

Regarding the issue of "Who hits harder" It is the silliest intangible anyway. A lot of "hitting hard" happens because the safety is playing in his proper position and is in place to hit the ball carrier hard. It's not like there is a specific competition we could watch to say "this guy hits harder" Roy Williams and Sean Taylor both hit hard, so does Brian Dawkins, so does John Lynch. Most safeties do hit hard, but a lot of hard hits are a by-product of being in the proper position at the right time. So if we just say they BOTH hit hard, Sean Taylor still wins out on every other aspect of the safety position.

Look this arguement will go on and on. Its pretty simple

If you are a skins fan ST is hands down the hardest hitter and the best of the two.

If you are a Cowboys fan Roy is hands down the hardest hitter and the best of the two.

In my opionion until ST has more All Pro Titles (not Pro Bowl) than Roy, Roy is the better of the two. I don't care about potential. There are a lot of people who have potential who never realize it for whatever reason. Like Eddie Murphy said "What have you done for me lately?"

Since you want to show college highlights:

This is a good example of why Roy won the Thorpe and Nagurski award in his Junior year. Roy is a playmaker plain and simple.

Both safeties are very good, I wish we had both. That being said, I would take Sean Taylor over Williams. ST is so talented it's hard to believe. When you've got Gregg Williams saying that ST is the best defensive talent he's ever coached, that's got to raise an eyebrow. The man is a beast and is capable of dominating every game. He can hit hard as hell, he's mean and nasty on the field, he can cover as well as almost any corner in the league, he's extremely fast and could probably catch almost anyone from behind (most likely someone not on his side of the field), he can stuff the run, and he still has tons of upside. He isn't even in his prime yet. Wait another 2-3 years and that's when it will be official that he is not only the best SS in the league, but is one of the best defensive players in the league, period. Roy Williams can hit unbelievably hard(not that we've experienced it personally) and can stop the run no problem. It may be possible that he hits harder than Taylor, who knows, but if he does I doubt it's by much. They seem to be equally feared by the opposing offenses they face. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they both made the Pro Bowl this year. That being said I think Sean Taylor is better now and will be one of the best of all time. Hail to the Redskins! Hail Victory!

How sick of a combo would ST and RW be, now thats scary :twitch:

I rather have Ryan Clark than Roy Williams. Atleast Sean Taylor would not have to worry about Roy "horse collar" "toasted" Williams getting burnt for a touchdown then get yelled at by opposing fans about how he(taylor) got burnt.

Do you honestly think Taylor hits harder than Williams?

There is a reason the cowgirl receivers seem to have alligator arms when they play the skins. It is unreal how many receivers seem to have this problem when they play the skins d.

Archived