Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No New Threads

TK

This thread is a classic. It’s like an observation of bad internet forum etiquette in the wild. :laugh:

I tend to look at it like it's a Pre-Season game. There are some that you just know ain't going to make the final cuts. :)

That was said very well, and I understand all of it. I was just wondering why I got placed in this group, because of one mistake, when other's make MANY numerous mistakes. We dont ever intend on cluttering boards, and most of us even apologize when we notice it. But hey, I'm not even gonna knock' the mods for it, that's there thing, but it's just weird though.

Just as weird as when someone gets a speeding ticket and all those other guys speeding don't.

As For Max, and JM & J, stunning as it may seem, that line of thought is very much in awareness. And things here are going great and getting constantly better, thnbaks for asking. For every two comments like yours I see, I get many times that number thanking us for axctions we take, and almost all of them asking we do more, not less. But we refrain. While only human, what we choose to do is based on a lot of pooled intelligence and experience, and we always appreciate well-thought out input and critiques-- and tolerate the other kind, too.

I'm really beginning to hate this forum.

I've seen heavy-handed moderation kill more than one forum and give rise to other, more successful ones.

Don't get full of yourselves, moderators. You're not god. Let people talk and they'll like coming here. Butt in too often and they'll find other places.

Please, please, pleeezzzzeee don't leave this forum.

What, oh what, would we do here without you?

Over your days of membership I feel like I've really come to appreciate your insightful contributions and your articulate viewpoints.

Besides, you STILL haven't told me which of the two groups of posters here that I fit into.

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163093

You know, I haven't slept well not knowing.

Not to mention the swelling ranks of "Read Only" for people who keep breaking rule #11 (know it, love it, follow, it). Now imagine if we start holding people accountable for putting threads in the wrong forums :laugh:

(that one's harder---you not only need to understand simple English, it requires abstract thinking :D )

Hey,

Thanks for all the hard work. I for one hardly even post anymore. We talked about all this a few months back and I made some suggestions regarding how you may be able to manage these issues. IE, only allowing thread starting after a certain time and number of posts, only allow a certain amount of posts per day for new members... Things like that. I'm sure we could did up the thread if needed. I just expect we will all be here talking about this again until something structurally changes. There are just to many inmates to manage, but good to see you are taking some action.

Hey, if there aren't rules and ramifications, there is no freedom, just chaos.

Just as weird as when someone gets a speeding ticket and all those other guys speeding don't.QUOTE]

I made one mistake though :laugh:, and when I used the search it wasnt working. And I know for sure that I didnt see my topic under title on any of the first pages. Most people on here have made the same constant mistakes, and are obvious when they keep occuring. If everyone were penalized for one mistake, there wouldn't be much people left to make any threads. I havent done anything wrong before this, and it really wasnt my fault with the search function not working.

When I first read the thread about the "no new threads" club, I really didn't think it would work. I was wrong, I have seen a definate improvement in the quality of the threads. While it may be because the long off season is coming to an end, I don't think so. Thanks mods, good job. Moderating this place is like a commercial I saw a while back about herding cats. :cheers:

The reason why some of us have such low post counts is because a) it is rarely necessary to start a thread on this forum and B) some people don't see the need to add "I agree" to every thread.

:mad:

Gee, on most boards they like people to make posts and start threads.

What's wrong with this board?

Basically what I'm hearing and seeing is that there are a group of folks here who like primarily to listen to themselves and want everyone else to shut up. A lot of your sound immature and self-absorbed. This is a chat board about a stupid football team, for goodness' sake. Why be so anal?

This is not a friendly place.

I see that this site is linked to from redskins.com. That should not be the case if the Skins are in any way endorsing this place.

Yes they do. And on this message board....community that is certainly true as well. However, as the initial posts and several posts after have stated, there is a certain amount of.... restraint required for reasons that are obvious and have been given.

Not a thing really. Except that which has been noted on this thread and some like it already.

Basically what I'm hearing and seeing is that there are a group of folks here who like primarily to listen to themselves and want everyone else to shut up. A lot of your sound immature and self-absorbed.

No small amount of irony present in that comment. Just have to look a little closer than some posts. What some here are seeing is that some folks seem to be so self absorbed and immature they want everyone to listen to them. So they start a thread that discusses a subject already being discussed. Usually ad nauseam.

This is a chat board about a stupid football team, for goodness' sake. Why be so anal?

For you maybe. For many others, it's moe than that. It's a community where Redskins fans of all kinds and from all locations can meet and talk about all things Redskins football. And much much more. Just look at any thread dealing with how we all meet in person if you don't understand. It doesn't take long to realize that if you give it a chance. Apparently you aren't, therefore it can become an friendly place. That's your issue. Not the board's.

I see that this site is linked to from redskins.com. That should not be the case if the Skins are in any way endorsing this place.

Please explain why. And dot your I's and cross your T's,because this has been discussed alot as well.

Lesson learned, however as someone who has been coming to this website daily for the last two years, a member for almost a year and a half (although I rarely find the need to post), I should have known better. I always have and do understand the rules. Of the two threads I have started, both have been old news.

The first thread I started was after I hadn't been on the computer for almost a week because I had the flu and the computer seemed too far away. Once I finally got out of bed and got on the computer I went to cbs sportsline and saw what I thought was a new article on the top of the nfl menu (being that it was on the top of the nfl menu I wrongfully assumed it was new). I went back to extremeskins and checked the first three pages, did not see it, and posted the article. The second article I did search for, but looking back on it I probably did so incorrectly, as I mistakenly took it for a cbs sportsline exclusive article in my haste and anger towards the anti-redskins media bias instead of the AP article that it was.

Obviously, due to my questionable thread starting history and limited number of posts, I don't come off as someone who respects/understands what this site is all about. However, I am usually on ES for about an hour a day reading up on my beloved Redskins, and I can totally see why action needs to be taken against the repetetive/off topic posts. I,ucbkyle, vow to never again start a new thread without first a thorough search. (if there is even a need to start a thread in the future) :logo:

Lesson learned, however as someone who has been coming to this website daily for the last two years, a member for almost a year and a half (although I rarely find the need to post), I should have known better. I always have and do understand the rules. Of the two threads I have started, both have been old news.

The first thread I started was after I hadn't been on the computer for almost a week because I had the flu and the computer seemed too far away. Once I finally got out of bed and got on the computer I went to cbs sportsline and saw what I thought was a new article on the top of the nfl menu (being that it was on the top of the nfl menu I wrongfully assumed it was new). I went back to extremeskins and checked the first three pages, did not see it, and posted the article. The second article I did search for, but looking back on it I probably did so incorrectly, as I mistakenly took it for a cbs sportsline exclusive article in my haste and anger towards the anti-redskins media bias instead of the AP article that it was.

Obviously, due to my questionable thread starting history and limited number of posts, I don't come off as someone who respects/understands what this site is all about. However, I am usually on ES for about an hour a day reading up on my beloved Redskins, and I can totally see why action needs to be taken against the repetetive/off topic posts. I,ucbkyle, vow to never again start a new thread without first a thorough search. (if there is even a need to start a thread in the future) :logo:

Some of you may want to take notes.

Especially if you sent a PM saying something along the lines of "Dude, reinstate my privleges. I have been banned for like a week now for no reason. Thanks." or some such silliness.

Basically what I'm hearing and seeing is that there are a group of folks here who like primarily to listen to themselves and want everyone else to shut up. A lot of your sound immature and self-absorbed. This is a chat board about a stupid football team, for goodness' sake. Why be so anal?

Pittman? Is that you? If it is, awesome! :applause:

....This is a chat board about a stupid football team, for goodness' sake. Why be so anal?

I use two other forums about my other sports' interests and they are both having to deal with people wanting to "just start threads and make posts". This is not just an Extremeskins problem. If a forum is to be taken seriously your suggestion just isn't feasible.

As to your other point, what the heck are you doing here if the Redskins are just a stupid football team?! And they say Americans don't understand irony :doh:

Archived