Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No New Threads

TK

I don't think there's anything rong with warning people about the rath of elders.They can reak havok on the younger posters. You can almost see their rinkled brows restling with the need to ring every drop of ry and retched thought out of riting some response to some reckage of a post, imagining the helpless poster rithing and riggling like some little ren in the jaws of a wrattlesnake.

Hey! I wresemble that wremark!

I don't think there's anything rong with warning people about the rath of elders.They can reak havok on the younger posters. You can almost see their rinkled brows restling with the need to ring every drop of ry and retched thought out of riting some response to some reckage of a post, imagining the helpless poster rithing and riggling like some little ren in the jaws of a wrattlesnake.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laugh: I mean um. :shutup: It's probably rong to laugh. Sowwy.

:gus: Why? Why? Why?!?!?!?

Why can't people understand the meanings of the words written in the original post? I've just received 2 PM's from people in the NNT group. Now I'm forced to give them a break until Saturday.

Maybe it's a cry to bring back the Suicide By Mod thread again? :whoknows:

You expect people to read a whole paragraph???? Are you insane???? The NNTers have no time for such drudgery. Nor do some of the YNTers.

man...must have been some really out of control thread starting going on round here...between this post and the "in before close" thread some serious cans of you know what have been opened round herescared.gif :logo:

it's about time, IMO.

better to nip this problem now in preseason then to fight in come Sept 11th and 12th. ya know.

Mods coaching the rookies.;) :cool:

hopefully no one gets cut in training camp. Or injured. :laugh:

So this means that we won't be seeing threads titles like these all on the 1st page:

"Portis is out with an injury"

"Portis is out 3-4 weeks"

"Portis is out 3-4 weeks with an injury"

"AP: Portis out 3-4 weeks"

"Any news on Portis and how long he'll be out?"

All followed with "I looked and didn't see anything on this..."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

so so true.:applause:

If you've managed to find yourself in this group, & alot of you have, chances are you may have problems following instruction.

I'm really beginning to hate this forum.

I've seen heavy-handed moderation kill more than one forum and give rise to other, more successful ones.

Don't get full of yourselves, moderators. You're not god. Let people talk and they'll like coming here. Butt in too often and they'll find other places.

I personally have a rule I made for myself...to just never start a thread. Chances are, any subject that I may want to discuss already has one or five threads already.

But that's just my rule...if we ALL followed it, this would be a boring board.

I've seen heavy-handed moderation kill more than one forum and give rise to other, more successful ones.

Don't get full of yourselves, moderators. You're not god. Let people talk and they'll like coming here. Butt in too often and they'll find other places.

:applause:

Thanks for the considered and constructive criticism, gentlemen. Given your long tenures here, you have clearly devoted much time and thought on the issue, and developed a strong sense of who we on Staff are and how we monitor the board over time.

We'll endeavor to do better and try to remember we're not god.

Well, all I have to say is that this may not be the place for you fellows then. I'm not a mod, just a guy who's been around for awhile. As things started to grow around here, ( long before you fellows joined), the Mods at the time were asking us to do this. Keeping down the board clutter was important at the time and at the present numbers and growth, it has become more important. Think about that for moment as well. Place has grown and prospered despite this "heavy handed" moderation,( and before the merge as well). :rolleyes: My guess that will continue. All the mods are asking is that folks take a little time to look around and help control the board clutter and maybe join in on other discussions. It may come across as heavy handed, ( to the overly sensitive I suspect it will), and sometimes it may be a bit quick, but that's the way things happen and it is necessary with a place this big. If folks don't like it, then as I said, place may not be for them. The door is that way.

Well, all I have to say is that this may not be the place for you fellows then. I'm not a mod, just a guy who's been around for awhile. As things started to grow around here, ( long before you fellows joined), the Mods at the time were asking us to do this. Keeping down the board clutter was important at the time and at the present numbers and growth, it has become more important. Think about that for moment as well. Place has grown and prospered despite this "heavy handed" moderation,( and before the merge as well). :rolleyes: My guess that will continue. All the mods are asking is that folks take a little time to look around and help control the board clutter and maybe join in on other discussions. It may come across as heavy handed, ( to the overly sensitive I suspect it will), and sometimes it may be a bit quick, but that's the way things happen and it is necessary with a place this big. If folks don't like it, then as I said, place may not be for them. The door is that way.

That was said very well, and I understand all of it. I was just wondering why I got placed in this group, because of one mistake, when other's make MANY numerous mistakes. We dont ever intend on cluttering boards, and most of us even apologize when we notice it. But hey, I'm not even gonna knock' the mods for it, that's there thing, but it's just weird though.

Well Max, I've been a moderator at other forums, and I'm not going to lie about anything. I did much worse at the place I was working for. I've yet to see anything that was past "minor inconvenience" territory, and even that was for the better of the whole. Our staff takes a utilitarian approach to the board, and so should you. Eventually, we are accountable for our own actions, and the posting guidelines are there for a reason. This is the official message board of the Washington Redskins, endorsed by the franchise. I don't think it's going anywhere.

Edit: forgot the quote

Not sure why I'm on the no new threads list with this being my 2nd post but hey whatever. I know it says I have posted 3 times but this is number 2.

Well, let's see.

I just wanted a front row seat to witness the carnage when you guys start making cuts. starcheers.gif
I'm getting kind of TO's act, but as long as he plays well when it counts I guess it's ok.
Not sure why I'm on the no new threads list with this being my 2nd post but hey whatever. I know it says I have posted 3 times but this is number 2.

My abacus says that's three.

Oh, and you're not on No New Threads. But if you ever were, I suspect that first one might have had something to do with it.

Buy hey, whatever. :)

Being you're a Dallas fan, I admit I don't trust your math skills. :laugh:

I just wanted to say I don't see "No New Threads" written where the others are.

The reason why some of us have such low post counts is because a) it is rarely necessary to start a thread on this forum and B) some people don't see the need to add "I agree" to every thread. It wasn't always the case, in the old days we used to have quite intelligent and witty debates on his board.

This has ceased to be the case (and I am not entirely sure the merger is the reason). If you are complaining about heavy-handed moderators then I would suspect you are part of that problem.

:mad:

And for the guy above me, Wow i'm glad i dont live close to you. You guys who have been here since the start there is no way anyone can compete with all that you have seen. I dont have an hour to search, I come here when i can and I dont take myself that seriously. Watch for the rath of old people. Not meaning me.

I've never considered myself old.....that's odd. :D

I'm glad you don't live near me either. ;) Living in Baltimore and being a Redskin fan is very difficult. It was when I discovered Extremeskins that made living here bearable. :cheers:

I, on the other hand, am thankful for the "iron fist of moderation". Cluttered forums with stupid and redundant posts/threads are no fun. Here's to the mods :cheers:

Why don't you two go Google yourselves a new home. :)

Thanks for the considered and constructive criticism, gentlemen. Given your long tenures here, you have clearly devoted much time and thought on the issue, and developed a strong sense of who we on Staff are and how we monitor the board over time.

We'll endeavor to do better and try to remember we're not god.

Yes! Sarcasm along with a jab at the guys' short time here! Gotta love it!!!

:notworthy

Archived