Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No New Threads

TK

I'm another who very rarely starts threads as I've learnt that if I haven't posted new news within 0.00857secs of reading it elsewhere, I'm already too late. However, whenever I do start a thread it is usually asking for a rule definition, and then I have to hope that The Stadium is the correct forum to ask my question..

I'm concerned about a statement in the opening post re: PMing on Saturday. If, for any reason, I was to be ever put in to one of these 'groups', and I could only PM on a certain day, would that be in US time or Australian time (we are up to 16 hours ahead of the US).

To Alice, my understanding is that ES is a MESSAGE board, not a chat board. You post a message and wait for an answer. My definition of a chat board (room) is a group of people 'chatting' in real time. Even the heading at the top of the page reads 'The official message board of the Washington Redskins'.

I've found the rules are quite easy to understand and comprehend, but also know that if it isn't in the rules, then it ain't allowed.

In ending, I just want to thank the mods for their tireless efforts in maintaining the board, and if it wasn't for ES, I would have to rely on nfl.com or KFFL for my Redskins fix.

For anyone who wants to tempt fate, remember this:

I kind of like that pic, Aussie. I don't suppose there's some enterprising member out there willing to replace a certain "G" with an 'M" is there? :)

As to your international date line question ... while it is thought-provoking and all I think you've misread the intent. It was only referring to this one particular issue, this one particular time. I think. If I'm wrong on that, I'm sure TK will let us both know. :)

Om, I was thinking of a few changes for the sign, and thought this would suffice. Someone could probably do better, but it is 3.37am here.

My query re: International time lines was just a throw-away comment. Hopefully, I'll never have to conform to a particular time frame in relation to PM's, etc.

As to your international date line question ... while it is thought-provoking and all I think you've misread the intent. It was only referring to this one particular issue, this one particular time. I think. If I'm wrong on that, I'm sure TK will let us both know. :)

You're right.:)

That was said very well, and I understand all of it. I was just wondering why I got placed in this group, because of one mistake, when other's make MANY numerous mistakes. We dont ever intend on cluttering boards, and most of us even apologize when we notice it. But hey, I'm not even gonna knock' the mods for it, that's there thing, but it's just weird though.

Really dude.... suck it up :) Even if you disagree. I've got how many posts? I'd say less than 1% of my posts are new threads. And the majority of those new threads had to do with "management" of the community when I was still on staff.

I probably start a new thread every 3 months. And I still visit a lot and say more than my share :) I bet you'd find the experience in itself equally valuable but simply different - reading more and responding to ongoing conversations.

After a couple of weeks.... when you feel you've REALLY got something to say... PM the mods and say, "hey dude, my bad. It really was an accident. I promise to do my best to apply the rules.... Can I please be reinstated?"... and you will - more than likely - without problem.

It's all good. Trust me, the mods here have more than enough on their plate than to expend energy holding grudges. They apply rules indiscriminately.

Heck, you can even ask Tarhog and Blade. Since I resigned my position, I've posted controversial replies and emailed them both directly telling them so, providing a link and telling them to ban me and not to worry about any hard feelings.

I DO happen to take myself seriously... but it's not exactly the most depriving thing in the world to have your posting privileges taken away at a particular site for 2 weeks :laugh: Read! It's probably the initial reason you came here :)

Really dude.... suck it up :) Even if you disagree. I've got how many posts? I'd say less than 1% of my posts are new threads. And the majority of those new threads had to do with "management" of the community when I was still on staff.

I probably start a new thread every 3 months. And I still visit a lot and say more than my share :) I bet you'd find the experience in itself equally valuable but simply different - reading more and responding to ongoing conversations.

After a couple of weeks.... when you feel you've REALLY got something to say... PM the mods and say, "hey dude, my bad. It really was an accident. I promise to do my best to apply the rules.... Can I please be reinstated?"... and you will - more than likely - without problem.

It's all good. Trust me, the mods here have more than enough on their plate than to expend energy holding grudges. They apply rules indiscriminately.

Heck, you can even ask Tarhog and Blade. Since I resigned my position, I've posted controversial replies and emailed them both directly telling them so, providing a link and telling them to ban me and not to worry about any hard feelings.

I DO happen to take myself seriously... but it's not exactly the most depriving thing in the world to have your posting privileges taken away at a particular site for 2 weeks :laugh: Read! It's probably the initial reason you came here :)

Yea I feel you on that. But it's been gone for a month at the least, and after the priviledges got restored...come to find out, I didnt do anything wrong at all lol..But yea I understand, they arent that important.

Archived