Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden and crew are wack....(merged)

skinsfan93

Madden couldn't have been more wrong, I agree with the thread starter...the fact that the NFC East is the "toughest" division doesn't mean it's the most likely to cause injuries or wear you down physically...it means it's the hardest division for a team to beat other division foes because they're all so equally good. It's the same logic as saying that our offense going up against our defense in practice will make them better...according to Madden's logic, though, our offense should get WORSE later in the season because they've had to go up against such a great defense week after week in practice...lol... :doh:

Madden was right. Furthermore, he's forgotton more football while taking a duece than you'll ever know. He's right. This division is tough. The liklihood of one team running away with it is extremely small.

So, are you saying John Madden craps football knowledge....thats...incredible!

:laugh:

That chick on the sideline had no idea what the hell she was doing out there. She asked Moss how de-flated the team was when Portis got hurt. This is pre-season not wild card weekend. She even asked if Moss thought Portis would be ready come opening day. How in the f#ck is he supposed to know that. I think she wants to be some news breaking reporter on the sideline or something. And all the shots of the announcer's made me sick to my stomach. Just show the freakin game already. I don't even want to get started on Madden. Rudi Johnson gets blasted by our linebacker, and they praise his running style. It's like everything they do is scripted or something. I would turn the sound down but Redskins Radio was like 3 seconds behind last year, I have'nt checked yet this year.

It seemed obvious that tonight's broadcast was All Bengals-All The Time. I think they spent maybe a total of 2 minutes talking about the NFC East.

The entire first half was about Carson Palmer, complete with a shot to him on the sidelines after every play, followed by footage of him working out at Bengals camp.

There was little to NO ATTENTION paid to the fact that our starting defense basically was DOMINATING the Bengals starters on offense like they were playing a pee wee football team.

My major beef would be that they never acknowledge when the second stringers were in there. Madden kept referring to Anthony Wright just needed to find his rhythm....no, he just needed for our first stringers to get pulled from the game. These preseason games are definately way to scripted...talk 15 mins about Palmer, 15 mins about Chad, 30 mins about arrests....it should get better when Comcast covers the games.

']Don't forget Chad on the sideline holding the 1st down marker. Gimme a break..

The NFL, basically, has become a league of personalities instead of teams. These personalities, it is believed, is why people tune in to watch games. They drive the NFL newscycle as well.

The same trend can be found in all sports, most notably the NBA.

i liked the coverage tonight, but i agree with you on andrea kramer: she is no good. the sideline reporter is supposed to be eye candy, but kramer is disgusting to look at. NBC, you need a hot chick on the sideline. All in all, I think theyve assembled a fine crew

I agree with everything said in this thread and especially this post. I have no idea how Moss kept himself from shaking that old hag until she fell apart. Never before have I heard such ridiculous questions asked in so many different ways.

Seemed to me like they did a 10 minute interview with Carson Palmer, a 10 minute interview with Chad Johnson, and about a minute and a half interview with Portis and Moss.

Whatever. It's fine with me. The only thing I care about are wins. Everyone else can be Chief Big S**t and be sitting home when it's time to play the big games in January.

Seemed to me like they did a 10 minute interview with Carson Palmer, a 10 minute interview with Chad Johnson, and about a minute and a half interview with Portis and Moss.

Whatever. It's fine with me. The only thing I care about are wins. Everyone else can be Chief Big S**t and be sitting home when it's time to play the big games in January.

Amen!

:notworthy :applause:

How many freaking people do they need to cover one game???

Madden and Michaels, Andrea Kramer on the sideline (uggg in HDTV), Costas, Collinsworth, Sharpe and Bettis.

Way too much talking. When Clemons was down, I kept asking "What happened?" but they were too busy with CarsonTV and giving these bozos more facetime.

Can we put the focus back on the game? I know it's preseason and all, but geez....

Gibbs says similar things about teams in the NFC East beating each other up. JG usually says this is both good and bad when the post-season comes around. Good because you are battle tested. Bad because you are beat up.

Hey, think about it this way. If Madden was not there to at least give J. Campbell some praise, you would have heard more of that "All Cincy - All the Time" Al Micheals. Palmer's Knee -- Johnson's Hair, Teeth, Celebrations -- Cincy's Felonies -- Heck I was waiting for him to break out the Icky Shuffle.

Yes, I know it's funny when we crack on some players on this board for getting arrested or beating their wives, but why are they doing that on national television? Their familes shouldnt have to see the "Arrested list" pop up on tv when they're tryingto watch them play a game. No class.

What was cris collinsworth crack? I forgot it but remember being like "What the #### was that?"

Archived