Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden and crew are wack....(merged)

skinsfan93

Yes, I know it's funny when we crack on some players on this board for getting arrested or beating their wives, but why are they doing that on national television? Their familes shouldnt have to see the "Arrested list" pop up on tv when they're tryingto watch them play a game. No class.

What was cris collinsworth crack? I forgot it but remember being like "What the #### was that?"

He said the first quarter or half was over and no one had been arrested yet...I thought it was amusing. :logo:

He said the first quarter or half was over and no one had been arrested yet...I thought it was amusing. :logo:

I'd find it amusing if it was posted on here by someone.. But if they're gonna be like that all season it's definately gonna get old. Ok they got arrested. Get over it.

I agree definately with someone who stated how madden failed to say when 2nd stringers were in. or 3rd. WOulda been nice to know, and it would of gave him something to talk about at the same time.

he also said something like this about portis's injury

"a seperated shoulder is when the shoulder seperates"

or so i thought i heard

That was classic........I can't stop laughing, I forgot he said that sh#t. Madden should stick to video games and steaks. The other moment was when he said " I asked Chad Johnson, other than himself, who were his top 5 receivers in the league. Can you guess them Al?". I'll be damned if he didn't say," uhhhhhh.. Chad Johnson". Try listening to your co-announcer when he's talking you d#ck. This year is going to be hilarious.

I want to take a moment and say that I feel sorry for AL MICHAELS!! He is definitely the best sports broadcaster of all time and he is stuck with a bunch of jackasses. I am glad to here his play-by-play. It just sucks to here everyone else!!

Remember: "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!?!?!"

Funniest comments from the announcers tonight...

"Have you ever noticed how many people on the Bengals team are named Johnson?"

"Yeah, there's a lot of Johnsons on that team."

"I mean there's like 6 guys with the last name Johnson."

"Yeah, the Bengals lead the league in Johnsons."

"That's for sure."

"That's for sure."

:laugh:

*EDIT: ok, I should actually be cringing at the thought of John Madden talking about the Bengals' johnsons... :doh:

Seemed to me like they did a 10 minute interview with Carson Palmer, a 10 minute interview with Chad Johnson, and about a minute and a half interview with Portis and Moss.

Whatever. It's fine with me. The only thing I care about are wins. Everyone else can be Chief Big S**t and be sitting home when it's time to play the big games in January.

To be fair, Moss and Portis wern't exactly being the best interviewees, they wern't really giving anything to the old hag.

"That's for sure."

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

To be fair, Moss and Portis wern't exactly being the best interviewees, they wern't really giving anything to the old hag.

Actually, Portis was really pissed off and was giving her some of the juiciest material of the night. Just take a look at the most popular thread tonight-- "Portis: It feels like I ust played in a game I had no business playing in." Portis certainly wasn't stonewalling her with cliches and PC answers.

I dunno... back in the day, there was always one patsy (the Cards), and one or more teams having an off-year.

This season, I could see all four NFC East teams being contender-material, and playing very smash-mouth-type football. All four teams have good coaches, and should have solid defense.

Wouldn't mind being wrong, though... that's for sure. I'll take Dallas getting T.O. cancer, Philly having another off-year, and New York blowing up after Eli Manning cracks or something...

I'm out of the philosophy that playing better competition makes you a better team. Hell, look at the Colts. Every year they roll through their division and then crumble in the playoffs.

Competition breeds excellence IMHO.

The Colts would get beat up in the NFC East, but it wouldn't necessarily make them better in the playoffs. What good would they be if Manning got pounded out of a few games?

I like Madden but last night I was done with him, every time Al Michaels brought up a good point on JC, Madden trashed him. He had nothing to say positive about

Campbell. Even when Al brought up that JC has had 6 different offensive Coordinators for 6 straight years, Madden still put JC down.

I'm in the camp of "that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger." The competition will only help the team that wins the division come playoff time.

However, what is detrimental is the winner going like 10-6 and failing to get a bye or even a home playoff game. THAT is where the competition will bite you in the ass. Whereas teams like Seattle get homefield throughout the playoffs. I would have loved to have seen a Redskins-'Hawks playoff game in FedEx last season. Think that would have made a difference in the outcome?

Archived