Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freddy Mitchell - bring him in for some WR depth?

SkinsTillIDie

No, No, No. I don't want anything to "happen" to this guy, he's one of us-a 'Skin fan. I just don't want him proclaiming that everyone who "fell for his thread" are/is ********s

A lot of members that "are" Skins fans have served punishment for rule violations! This guy went over the line IMO.

Haha, if you even take the time to read the people you accuse of being *******s they weren't even threatening or bashing you to say the least just pointing out how ludicrous the idea was in a not even intimidating way. Considering the depth of our WR corp of course you are going to get people to think think you went off the deep end. This doesn't make any sense at all. I think you should apologize for the insult and we should close this thread in hopes it goes off the front page so Eagles/Giants/Boys fans can't read the topic and laugh at us thinking we really want Fredex.

:laugh:

We have plenty to discuss other than your aparent disdain for the member's attitudes at large.

Do you feel better having posted this garbage?

Not really, although I don't really see the difference between Pittman4Two's threads (and April Fools threads, albeit on August 7th) and one like this, other than the addition of a "just kidding!" post afterwards.

I guess you could say that this didn't come out as well as I thought ;)

Not really, although I don't really see the difference between Pittman4Two's threads (and April Fools threads, albeit on August 7th) and one like this, other than the addition of a "just kidding!" post afterwards.

I guess you could say that this didn't come out as well as I thought ;)

It's not April and do yourself a favor by not to lumping yourself in with Pittman4Two.

He's a tool;).

See, if you wanted to make a board notice about how you felt that would have gone over fine, and mods would have jumped in supporting you. As it sits now you've made a fool of yourself by trying to trick the posters here with NO mod support and everyone scratching their head.

Not smart. I suggest you just call yourself out and admit to having a lapse in judgement.

A lot of members that "are" Skins fans have served punishment for rule violations! This guy went over the line IMO.

I can assure you that I certainly am a Skin fan, and again, I apologize for any inconveniance I have served you and other members of the board

Based on the reactions of this thread, it certainly seems like I am prepared for some bannation. So be it, although once again I would like to stress that this was supposed to be a joke thread, which apparently went bad.

Haha, if you even take the time to read the people you accuse of being *******s they weren't even threatening or bashing you to say the least just pointing out how ludicrous the idea was in a not even intimidating way. Considering the depth of our WR corp of course you are going to get people to think think you went off the deep end. This doesn't make any sense at all. I think you should apologize for the insult and we should close this thread in hopes it goes off the front page so Eagles/Giants/Boys fans can't read the topic and laugh at us thinking we really want Fredex.

Again, the "*******s" was supposed to be taken in jest (as expressed by the winky emoticon displaying a "playful" character)

There were no threats, but there were several sarcastic responses and insulting remarks aimed at the intial poster. There may be many posts or members in which you do not agree with, but it is my belief that that still does not give one the right to openly mock another member. But apparently, that view is not shared by all here, and won't be.

Well this thread got real interesting.

P42 has never, ever, ever, ever, ever said "just kidding", but he doesn't have to - unlike your post, his posts are obviously meant to be humorous when you read them carefully.

It's not April and do yourself a favor by not to lumping yourself in with Pittman4Two.

He's a tool;).

See, if you wanted to make a board notice about how you felt that would have gone over fine, and mods would have jumped in supporting you. As it sits now you've made a fool of yourself by trying to trick the posters here with NO mod support and everyone scratching their head.

Not smart. I suggest you just call yourself out and admit to having a lapse in judgement.

I'd like to believe that I have done so, if not, I'll say it again. This thread didn't go as planned and I certainly had a lapse in judgment.

And again, I am prepared for the banning that I probably deserve now. But no bannation will hurt as much as the loss of reputation, and I suppose if I could take it back, I would.

But I still stand in my belief that we should take other members' posts with a grain of salt, a touch of humor, and refrain from the insulting and sarcastic remarks that we all occastionally would like to make.

But I still stand in my belief that we should take other members' posts with a grain of salt, a touch of humor, and refrain from the insulting and sarcastic remarks that we all occastionally would like to make.
I'll agree with that. :cheers: Though I don't think your thread has opened anyone's eyes - nobody is shocked by the posts here.

Understood, and it's a good belief to have.

However, tact in the future will help your cause.

P42 has never, ever, ever, ever, ever said "just kidding", but he doesn't have to - unlike your post, his posts are obviously meant to be humorous when you read them carefully.

Well, I also thought that the blatant lack of uninformity would have been obvious (superbowl experience from a reciever when we just got Randle El, the overplayed "vet min + incentives" cliche on this board, the second cliche of linking the Redskins to every available player, Freddy getting 70 receptions in the offense we already have set up, etc. etc. etc.) But in the end, not one person could see through this and I wanted to end it quickly before everyone took me seriously.

And I distinctly recall P42 getting lavished with insulting remarks, especially when he began his initial postings.

And again, I admit that this thread was a mistake, I'll get banned, people will hate me, this thread will get locked, and people will resume their normal lives.

I suppose I had too much faith in the Extremeskins community

I can assure you that I certainly am a Skin fan, and again, I apologize for any inconveniance I have served you and other members of the board

I didn't doubt you were a Skins fan, and I never said you should be banned. I was just pointing out to blitzpackage that others that are (I'll leave the quote marks out this time) Skins fans have served timeouts. I just feel you went over the line, and I see you realized your mistake. So hopefully you'll be given a break.

So it seems like Freddy Mitchell is still out of a job and has been practicing with the Cowboys. Maybe we should sign him to the vet min (+ incentives) to add to some depth?

Last year, it was evident in the playoffs that we needed some more recieving options, and Moss was getting double and triple teamed consistently. Freddy would add some great downfield speed and could really stretch the field and open up the middle for Cooley and Sellers.

He was a former first round pick, so he must have still hidden talents that I am sure our coaching staff could uncover. Additionally, he has Superbowl experience that none of our players have, and he could use this to tutor our less travelled recievers. He could also offer us insight on the offenses of two of our division rivals.

I doubt he would get 140 receptions, but maybe half that? He could definately do a job for us, especially after last season's woes.

Get him in camp Coach Gibbs!

you are insane in the membrane...the only guy on our corps who id take Mitchell over is TJ and thats not saying much, I think I'd take Mike Espy over TJ at this point.

'hidden talents' :)

who says? :D

just because a guy is a #1 pick doesn't mean anything other than that someone thought he was a blue chipper 5 years ago.

what about Rod Gardner? by that argument we should have looked into bringing him back after he was released at the end of last season by Carolina and Green Bay.

this team is loaded with wide receiver talent. and if you include the potential productivity of Cooley and Portis in the passing game there is little room for anyone else.

let alone a reclamation project with a mouth that is bigger than Keyshawn or Terrell Owens :laugh:

P42 rides the short bus. He posts the same logic threads on the Tamba boards. One day I just had to see and I observed the same logic he applies here on a Tampa board. Now, I didn't research his past threads, but his current ones were the same. The difference is the Tampa fans don't make fun of him nearly as much as many fans here do.

Concerning this thread, to even consider bringing Freddie would be a mistake. He is not a character guy, and I don't think he is better than the top five/six WR's we have on the roster.

Archived