Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freddy Mitchell - bring him in for some WR depth?

SkinsTillIDie

So it seems like Freddy Mitchell is still out of a job and has been practicing with the Cowboys. Maybe we should sign him to the vet min (+ incentives) to add to some depth?

Last year, it was evident in the playoffs that we needed some more recieving options, and Moss was getting double and triple teamed consistently. Freddy would add some great downfield speed and could really stretch the field and open up the middle for Cooley and Sellers.

He was a former first round pick, so he must have still hidden talents that I am sure our coaching staff could uncover. Additionally, he has Superbowl experience that none of our players have, and he could use this to tutor our less travelled recievers. He could also offer us insight on the offenses of two of our division rivals.

I doubt he would get 140 receptions, but maybe half that? He could definately do a job for us, especially after last season's woes.

Get him in camp Coach Gibbs!

:doh: Why oh why do people keep insisting we get head cases in here?? Don't you see Gibbs is crafting this team in his image!?!?

And Heath Shuler, Michael Westbrook, Andre Johnson, (I could go on and on) must have had hidden talent....

Seriously man, Freddy Mitchell???

Hail,

H

Additionally, he has Superbowl experience that none of our players have, and he could use this to tutor our less travelled recievers.

You realize that he was a cypher in that Super Bowl right? And he were to be brought in I would want the coaching staff to keep him away from the young guys not tutoring them. The last thing we need is a guy teaching them to ***** about playing time.

So it seems like Freddy Mitchell is still out of a job and has been practicing with the Cowboys. Maybe we should sign him to the vet min (+ incentives) to add to some depth?

Last year, it was evident in the playoffs that we needed some more recieving options, and Moss was getting double and triple teamed consistently. Freddy would add some great downfield speed and could really stretch the field and open up the middle for Cooley and Sellers.

He was a former first round pick, so he must have still hidden talents that I am sure our coaching staff could uncover. Additionally, he has Superbowl experience that none of our players have, and he could use this to tutor our less travelled recievers. He could also offer us insight on the offenses of two of our division rivals.

I doubt he would get 140 receptions, but maybe half that? He could definately do a job for us, especially after last season's woes.

We have quite enough depth at WR. We actually have enough depth that we could cut Patten and Jacobs right now and no one would notice.

Besides Mitchell is a pariah in the league right now.

Not sure why this guy is being labeled as a tool because he stated his opinion. :rolleyes:

I would not bring Mitchell in for one reason because we do not need him. He is not that bad of a WR. There are much more worse WR's in the league today. What makes him 'bad' in our eyes, for the most part, is that in his mind he is the best WR to ever grace the NFL. Can't fault the guy for having confidence in himself...

He just has a little TOO MUCH confidence. :silly:

The guy is not being labled as a tool. Its just a bad suggestion, so he's taking the heat. Obviously we have a log jam at wideout and the last thing we need is to bring in an obvious cancer like Fred Ex.

Now this is golden. I thought it was funny that the Cowboys tried him out but this post is very funny.

I love you guys.

Who Del, you are not allowed to use this thread against us!! :silly:

It is funny the Boys tried him out, so let's keep in mind, the Redskins ARE NOT going to give Freddy a shot.

Hail,

H

I'm tempted to use derogatory words to describe my opinion of that idea, but i'm working very very hard at being nice. Suffice to say....BAD IDEA.

HTTMFR!!!!

(Edited because some people got angry that they were called out after either insulting me or believing that I was sincere. I apologize.)

This was just a social experiment on the environment of Extremeskins. Within 20 minutes, I had 16 replies - most of which informed me just how much of a "tool" or how "drunk" I was, with typically sarcastic remarks. Only a handful offered to engage in any sort of meaningful discussion or added any sincere argument to the conversation.

A few, including praise_gibbs and chiplohmillers#1, were more restrained and offered defense for the apparently ignorant initial poster, choosing not to jump on the bandwagon of insults and mocking.

Basically, what I've learned from this, is that many members on this forum are *******s ;)

Maybe we could learn not to jump on simple-minded posters or newbies and learn to instead share our wisdom intelligently and with maturity. Maybe we could take a page out of talk show host's book. But then again, I suppose that the anonymity that the internet offers gives such posters the freedom to insult and mock with little consequence. Oh well, you are all free to go back to your threads on Jeff Posey, Jason Campbell, uniform colors, Art Monk, the media, etc. etc.

You realize that he was a cypher in that Super Bowl right? And he were to be brought in I would want the coaching staff to keep him away from the young guys not tutoring them. The last thing we need is a guy teaching them to ***** about playing time.
Not to mention that fact that we have guys like Patten and Fauria who have WON super bowls...

You all just got SERVED :dunce: :psyche: :nana:

Basically, what I've learned from this, is that many members on this forum are *******s ;)

9. False posts or misleading subject titles are prohibited. Deception at the expense of the audience devalues the medium and the content it provides. Violation of this rule is regarded as a serious offense.

I got served? Maybe I did, but you broke rule #9-a serious offense according to forum rules. :2cents:

Edit****These may be pertinent as well....

5. Please be respectful of your fellow members.

Personal attacks or threats will not be tolerated. Go after the idea, not the poster. Free debate within the parameters outlined herein is welcome on these forums, and diversity of opinion lies at the heart of a good debate. Toward that end, every member is free to have their own opinion so long as it is expressed in a civil manner, is within the subject matter topic of the forum and does not otherwise violate forum rules.

12. No trolling. Do not post messages that are inflammatory and serve solely to incite fellow members. ExtremeSkins has always prided itself on its zero tolerance policy for the common internet troublemaker. Trolls will be identified and censured, at the discretion of the ES Staff, quickly and efficiently.

9. False posts or misleading subject titles are prohibited. Deception at the expense of the audience devalues the medium and the content it provides. Violation of this rule is regarded as a serious offense.

I got served?

Although, I could just respond by saying that the followup post was merely me trying to make amends for my lapse of judgment, and that the intial post really did detail my feelings on Mitchell and his potential involvement.

(And I guess Pittman4Two should have been banned a long time ago?)

Lighten up, and maybe you could learn a thing or two about respecting the so called "less intelligent" posters on this board. Think of all the newbs that have been chased away by such consistent behavior from this board, and think of the meaningful discussions that could be had with less cluttering of threads with such statements as "are you drunk?"

I got served? Maybe I did, but you broke rule #9-a serious offense according to forum rules. :2cents:

Great point!! It was like a mass Call Out! listed names and and said MANY members are *******'s. interested to see what happens to this guy.

Yeah, but you can't lump me into a "you got served" category because I typed "Oh God please noooooo!!!!!! ****runs away screaming****"

You are correct in the way OTHER posters may respond, but I never said one bad word about you or anyone. I'm with you, though. But I just don't feel there is a place on this board for trolling or baiting and then insulting. If I wanted that, I'd go to a videogame forum packed w/kiddos or something. So :cheers: for now.....

Great point!! It was like a mass Call Out! listed names and and said MANY members are *******'s. interested to see what happens to this guy.

No, No, No. I don't want anything to "happen" to this guy, he's one of us-a 'Skin fan. I just don't want him proclaiming that everyone who "fell for his thread" are/is ********s

eh i think we got 5 legit wrs and dont need any more.. i dont want a malcontent here either.. what role would be have here.. thrash is here cuz he can play special teams and punt/kick returner.. patten slot reciever and can do alot of things

hows my response suggesting im an *******?

No way....he is not a character guy and look at the WRs the Skins already have....why is there a need for depth?

This is one of the best WR units in the NFL....you add Espy to this group and there's your depth.

As far as I am concerned Freddie Mitchell is done football.

No, No, No. I don't want anything to "happen" to this guy, he's one of us-a 'Skin fan. I just don't want him proclaiming that everyone who "fell for his thread" are/is ********s

Oi, I was just trying to make a point that people should try to be friendlier on this board. The "*******" was supposed to be taken in jest (as evidenced by the playful wink emoticon)

I am sorry that some were offended, and I apologize for this.

I hope my point was made (probably wasn't), and I am willing to accept any consequence that the higher powers feel worthy, if they deem that this thread is worthy of a temporary bannation.

It was really supposed to be a playful thread, and I thought that there would be many who would get a kick out of the explosive aggression of some posters on a merely uninformed thread-starter. Apparently, I was wrong, and again, I apologize for any discomfort I caused.

If anything can be learned from this, perhaps it should be to not judge other members so quickly

Archived