Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pictures of Obstructed/Limited View???

FunBunch7

Do any of you season ticket holder have pictures of the field from your exact seats?

If so, could you post them here. I just need to see what all the fuss is about.

I'll be in the lower bowl for the opener and plan to check them out for myself, but the suspence is killing me. There is one poster that has a picture of "the cave" for his sig...but it doesn't show the field, etc.

• 8 months later...

Guess I shoulda posted a while back... Not exactly great stuff; there are some really bad seats. Had to squat in the aisle to watch Novak's kick against Dallas last season. Really, without straining, these pictures pretty much gives you exactly what I can see. (Images below link t larger versions)

Looking at the scoreboard (can't really see it)

169265014_78e09f34ac.jpg

The game...

169265013_114c824e82.jpg

Note that the black line on the right isn't the edge of the picture; it's the danged pillar. Can see the endzones on the left fine.

Damn worstseat, I thought Fedex wasn't suppose to have bad seats, looks like you got a bad one :laugh:

Yeah, some might say "the worst". There really can't be more than about 8 seats worse on the lower level.

This is what you get when you buy in August and send a bike courier (all things considered, she did a good job, and it's lots cheaper and quicker than driving from SC) to pick your seat.

Make sure you visit the seats before you agree to buy them.

If you don't, the TO may put you directly behind a pillar as they did to some people who didn't hand pick their OV seats in 2004.

Realize that many of the available seats in the Cave are vacant only because the obstructions are so severe.

The ability to move to better seats can make the Cave worth the price of admission if your seats aren't God awful. It's kind of like a $33 cover charge to roam, still cheaper than the upper deck. Thousands of empty seats can be found in the corners of the 400 level if you feel like moving upstairs.

You will probably have to stay in your obstructed seats for Dallas and the opener b/c the house is always packed like a sardine can for those games.

Here are a couple, but neither are my seats.

In the first pic, note how the railings are not on the same plane. Those people who are blocking the view of the field are not standing, they're sitting. Snyder had to reduce the incline in the back of the 200 level to keep from hitting the ceiling. This creates a greater chance of fans' heads blocking your view -- even when they're sitting several rows in front of you.

In the second pic, you have blockage on three of the four sides of the field: Close EZ, far EZ, and far right corner of the field.

The third and fourth pics shows blocks from the pillars AND fans' heads.

Views like these are why you have to be very careful when buying OV seats. Be wary of claims that seats in the OV area have a clear view of the field, because this might true only when the stadium is empty.

Good thing I passed on buying o.v seats last season. I would have been ruined if I came all the way from NY to basically watch the game on a t.v.

The expierience is great, the fan noise is diffrent being there then just watching it on T.V at home.

That's terrible. In a practically new stadium like that, he has the gall the build seats, knowing they're obstructed view. It would be one thing if it was a multi-facility stadium, like old Memorial Stadium and old Municipal Park in Cleveland. I don't know how, in good faith, he could build obstructed-view seats and charge full price, while keeping a straight face.

So long as people are willing to pay....

I would buy seats down there within reason just to be around the real fans rumored to be in the cave. The customary drunk, obnoxious opposing fan and the dead woman (she seriously never moves an inch) who always sits in front of me up in the club level really bother me.

Here are a couple, but neither are my seats.

In the first pic, note how the railings are not on the same plane. Those people who are blocking the view of the field are not standing, they're sitting. Snyder had to reduce the incline in the back of the 200 level to keep from hitting the ceiling. This creates a greater chance of fans' heads blocking your view -- even when they're sitting several rows in front of you.

In the second pic, you have blockage on three of the four sides of the field: Close EZ, far EZ, and far right corner of the field.

The third and fourth pics shows blocks from the pillars AND fans' heads.

Views like these are why you have to be very careful when buying OV seats. Be wary of claims that seats in the OV area have a clear view of the field, because this might true only when the stadium is empty.

hey....the first picture is from my seats!!! :D

Archived