Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone moved to the DC area JUST to be close to the Redskins?

FunBunch7

I have a job where I work from home and can literrally work anywhere in the United States. I live in AZ now and all my family is on this side of the country but I am pretty sure I like the Redskins more than the family...not counting my wife and kids...I would give a slight edge to them over the Redskins.

But anyways...the more I read about all you season ticket holders talking about your seats and parking passes and training camp visits and all...the more I feel like I'm being kept out of heaven.

If my wife gave me the thumbs up...I would sell my house in a second and move out there.

Has anyone done this? Seriously.

Heh, busted. Um, let's just say I wonder sometimes if my newest choice of employer wasn't unduly influenced (read, "any influence at all") by the fact that it was the closest to DC of my options. The difference is only from about seven and a half hours to 4 and a half driving [each way], but since I don't tend to stay overnight, that's a big difference. Almost drivable now, and Amtrak's about half the price!

Yes, I'm a season ticket holder.

*sigh*

If I even lived within 1,000 miles I would have club seats! But airfare for 2 across county is $600 plus rental car and hotel.

I can shell out $500 per game, but the rest of the cost just kills me.

It would be cheaper to just move there.

I strongly suggest you check out housing costs in the DC area before deciding. BTW it is a lot greener in the DC area than where you are now.

I do know the cos of living is much higher than here in AZ...here I have a 2,400 sq ft home on a 11,000 foot lot for 329k...I suspect in parts of DC I can rent someone's closet out.

But I don't have to live IN the DC area...within a 1,000 miles would work for me.

Graduated high school in '95 and moved out of Melbourne, Fla. and up to Rockville, Md. in '97. 24/7 coverage of the Skins was my primary impetus.

A close second was never having to see f'ing Dan Marino's face on the cover of every sports page of every paper every day ever again.

I live in AZ now and all my family is on this side of the country but I am pretty sure I like the Redskins more than the family...not counting my wife and kids...I would give a slight edge to them over the Redskins.

:laugh: not thats a hardcore fan.

A close second was never having to see f'ing Dan Marino's face on the cover of every sports page of every paper every day ever again.

i know exactly what you mean. john elway is a god here. its ridiculous. any player that cries like a baby because they dont want to play for a team, should get a kick in the ass. that includes you eli manning

I ll fess up, I did it. I lived in Long Island, NY and being a die hard skins fan, I chose to go to little know George Mason University. I always had NFL sunday ticket while in high school, so I never missed a game, but with going away to college i knew dorms didnt have the ticket, and i would go crazy if i ever missed a game. I mean how many people from long island go to gmu. Am I a sick person for doing this?

I was born in DC and spent my elementary school years here. I moved back after I'd been married for a while. I was already a season ticket holder and my wife and I had been driving a nine hour round trip to the games for five years. I've always considered this area home and it is a great area for a high tech career. Reducing my commute to the games and getting to see all the local news were bonuses.

Graduated high school in '95 and moved out of Melbourne, Fla. and up to Rockville, Md. in '97. 24/7 coverage of the Skins was my primary impetus.

:laugh: Dan Marino!

But I don't have to live IN the DC area...within a 1,000 miles would work for me.

I'm in Richmond, and I highly suggest VA (though I have heard AZ is supisingly nice - just hot). 300k will buy you an above average house in Richmond. If I could work from anywhere, I would head over to Charlottesville or Harrisonburg - somewhere closer to the "mountains" of Virginia. Any of those 3 options are within a 2 hour drive of DC though, so all good options...

I was born in D.C., raised in suburban Maryland. My wife has always wanted to live somewhere else - anywhere else. My main reason for not leaving the area (in the '80s and '90s, while on the season ticket waiting list and before Direct TV) was not being able to see the Redskins games every week.

I have a job where I work from home and can literrally work anywhere in the United States. I live in AZ now and all my family is on this side of the country but I am pretty sure I like the Redskins more than the family...not counting my wife and kids...I would give a slight edge to them over the Redskins.

But anyways...the more I read about all you season ticket holders talking about your seats and parking passes and training camp visits and all...the more I feel like I'm being kept out of heaven.

If my wife gave me the thumbs up...I would sell my house in a second and move out there.

Has anyone done this? Seriously.

I'm thinking of it after I get out of tech school i have a choice of where i want to go and its between andrews where i can be close to the skins, or mcdill in tampa where ive lived most of my life and this dyme wants to get hooked up and where all my friends are...... It's a hard decision.

Archived