Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone moved to the DC area JUST to be close to the Redskins?

FunBunch7

Season ticket holder from CO. After being in DC my whole life I wanted to move back sooo bad. I had my mom turn on the Redskins report so I could listen to it over the phone. After seeing the housing market in DC I decided I would stay in CO where I only paid 170k for a brand new house, and just travel on Saturdays and fly back on Mondays for my Redskins. Plus I dont have to deal with the crime. So until I retire I will still wear my redskins hat with my postal uniform. :peaceout:

i thought about it when Joe came back. i do enjoy visiting but i would go insane living there....every where you go crowds crowds....well not at raven games but you get the idea. columbia really is a nice little town, i enjoy the friendly people and low low cost of living is great. the weather aint bad either, 53 degree average for the dead of winter, ya gotta be friggin kidding me!!!!

Season ticket holder from CO. After being in DC my whole life I wanted to move back sooo bad. I had my mom turn on the Redskins report so I could listen to it over the phone. After seeing the housing market in DC I decided I would stay in CO where I only paid 170k for a brand new house, and just travel on Saturdays and fly back on Mondays for my Redskins. Plus I dont have to deal with the crime. So until I retire I will still wear my redskins hat with my postal uniform. :peaceout:

As the original poster...

This is the scenario I have contemplated most about...Airfare for 2, round trip can be had for $500...Thats $4,000 for 8 regular season home games...I would go accross country for pre season needless to say...

I COULD get upper level seats for $1,600...

Car rental and hotel would be about $200 per visit I guess for a total of $1,600

Then you ave food and MISC...about $200 per visit for another $1,600

That comes out to about $9,000 per year...for upper level.

The problem is, if you can call it a problem, is I would want better seats...lower bowl

Since you come out from CO...are these statistic realistic?

I love the skins' to death, don't get me wrong, but I perfectly happy over here on the West Coast. However, I can see myself retiring later on in life and moving out there.

I do know where yo are coming from...the standard of living here in AZ is very nice...although it has gone up serious time the last 2 years. There is more room here...less traffic...70 degree winters...okay so 1 million degrees in the summer bites it big...My fricken' pool is 95 degrees but it feels cold since the temp is 115

Vegas is a 4 hour drive or a 45 minute flight...

But Redskins...

Being a season ticket holder, I live in L.A. and of course have the Direct TV NFL package, but I fly back once or twice a year to visit family and friends, and is it my fault that it just happens to be during the Brokeback Boys week, and another game of my choosing during the year (don't tell my wife, she thinks I like seeing her family!). :dallasuck

No my family ended up in this area during my formative years so you could say that I became a Skins fan by proxy. That said I have stuck with them for around 15 years of mediocrity and I still have tremendous pride in this team (mostly as of late because of the Great Joe Gibbs and Company). I haven't moved here because of the Skins...but they are a major factor why I refuse to leave.

:logo:

I do know where yo are coming from...the standard of living here in AZ is very nice...although it has gone up serious time the last 2 years. There is more room here...less traffic...70 degree winters...okay so 1 million degrees in the summer bites it big...My fricken' pool is 95 degrees but it feels cold since the temp is 115

Vegas is a 4 hour drive or a 45 minute flight...

But Redskins...

The key is to jump in the hot tub first, THEN jump into your pool. Nice and cool.

Standard operatiing procedure here in Tempe, anyhoo.

Well, truthfully, lets say that it played a huge role in where I moved. I've been stuck in TX for the past 7 1/2 years and found out that the Army was going to give me the opportunity to go to grad school- pretty much any school in the US, with a limit on the costs. I was accepted at several schools, in and outside of the DC area. One of the deciding factors was to get back to the DC area!! Happy to be back in DC!!

Archived