Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm a HUGE skins fan..but PHILLY is underrated

Vman2k6

Philly's defense was essentially not injured last year, and they did not perform as well as the year before. They are living off of their reputation at this point. Kearse is nowhere near the player he was. They better hope Howard and Bunkley can contribute right away.

Fara as I'm concerned, they are a 6-10 team until they prove me otherwise. Healthy McNabb? I'll give them 2 more wins on that alone to be very generous. That makes them 8-8 in my book.

Here we go again...aging unit?

Howard 29 Daniels 33

Walker 29 Salavea 31

Patterson 23 Griffen 29

Carter 27 Kearse 29

McCoy 23 Holdman 31

Trotter 29 Marshall 29

Jones 28 Washington 28

Brown 27 Springs 31

Rogers 25 Sheppard 25

Taylor 23 Dawkins 32

Lewis 26 Archuleta 28

Other significant players

Hood 24 Wright 28

Cole 23 Wynn 31

McIntosh 23 Barber 31

Bunkley 23 Killings 28

If the Eagles are "aging" than the Skins are ancient because the Eagles are younger at 8 out of 11 starters and 3 out 4 other major players.

Also I believe the Skin's O outgained the Eagle's O by about 11 yds per game last year with the Eagles O outgaining the Skin's O in both games between the two teams.

Reid went pass happy the 2 years he had TO but the season before that the Eagles gained over 2,000 yds on the ground with Westbrook Buckhalter and Staley ect. Andrews Jackson and Herremans are better run blockers than Mayberry Fraley and Welboun were in 03 so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Eagles exceed 2,000 yds on the ground again this year.....Moats 750 Westbrook 750 Perry 350 McNabb 200 others 100

Good come back. However please tell me how good were the rest of the teams in the NFC east in 01-04?

The loss of a dynamic receiver counts for a lot in Philly's unbalanced offense. You stop three straight passes, the Eagles punt. They get a first down? You stop three straight passes, the Eagles punt. We held them to 10 with McNabb at FedEx...and that team is pretty much the team we'll be facing this year (No TO). With our improvements on offense, the stupid, unbalanced attack of the Eagles probably just won't be enough to beat us. Then again, it's the NFC East. You never really know.

I agree, that Philly is being overlooked...they usually play us very hard and we were fortunate that Mcnabb tossed that gift at the end of the game last year in week 8....

I would not call that luck. The D did what they are supposed to do. They pressured McNabb, he threw a floater, we took advantage. If you call that luck, then I guess we were lucky all year.

Good come back. However please tell me how good were the rest of the teams in the NFC east in 01-04?

The funny thing is the worst year was 04 when the rest of the NFCE was all 6-10 with the current head coaches in place. The year before that the Boys with Bill P were 10-6 and the year before that the Giants were 10-6. Teams rise and fall every year with teams that look tough at the beginning having bad years and vice versa. This year won't be any different and any team is an injury or two away from turning a good team into a bad one. If the Skins were to lose Moss and Springs they would have a hard time winning 8 games IMO. The Skin's D took a big step back last year and unlike the Eagle's D the Skins have some real age concerns so I don't see ???? themselves like Carter and Archuleta stemming the tide but that could be just me.

If said it once in passing, but if there was someone I'd want leading me into 4th quarter down by 10, Donavan McNabb is on the top of the list. He's a huge player. Also, the Eagles have a solid O and D Line, thus completing the foundation any franchise needs in order to make some waves.

However, Pinkston is a hack.

I hope you're kidding. McNabb chokes in big games. See SB. He even threw up! I would take Tom Brady in a heartbeat.

The Skin's D took a big step back last year and unlike the Eagle's D the Skins have some real age concerns so I don't see ???? themselves like Carter and Archuleta stemming the tide but that could be just me.

It is just you. By the way, your best player on D and the captain is 32. You're best CB is coming off of season ending injury. Your best DL HAS been a disappointment(Kearse). The Skins D had a lot of injuries but we still were in the top 10. 2 years ago(when we were lucky with injuries), we were 3rd overall. Not to mention that we have one of the best if not the best DC in the league.

The funny thing is the worst year was 04 when the rest of the NFCE was all 6-10 with the current head coaches in place. The year before that the Boys with Bill P were 10-6 and the year before that the Giants were 10-6. Teams rise and fall every year with teams that look tough at the beginning having bad years and vice versa. This year won't be any different and any team is an injury or two away from turning a good team into a bad one. If the Skins were to lose Moss and Springs they would have a hard time winning 8 games IMO. The Skin's D took a big step back last year and unlike the Eagle's D the Skins have some real age concerns so I don't see ???? themselves like Carter and Archuleta stemming the tide but that could be just me.

Coming from the guy who has been declaring cap hell for the Redskins for years now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think it's just you whistling past the graveyard. :laugh:

Coming from the guy who has been declaring cap hell for the Redskins for years now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think it's just you whistling past the graveyard. :laugh:

Wow...That's flattering because I see you have almost 3,000 posts and I can't remember a single point you've made and the only thing I know about you is you're likely named after a great Eagle QB but you know what I've been saying for years.....Actually you're wrong because the only year I predicted real cap distress for the Skins was this year and only if there was no CBA extension. I assume you know there was an extension and just about every team was left rolling in cap space.

4481....You had injuries? How many D starters ended up on IR? I know Griffen and Salevea missed games but you know how many years either one of them has been able to play all 16 games in any season? One season between the two of them.

I hope you're kidding. McNabb chokes in big games. See SB. He even threw up! I would take Tom Brady in a heartbeat.

Main man if the Skins had McNabb last season I think they'd be in the Superbowl. Brunell was straight garbage in the playoffs. McNabb has basically had average WR's his whole career.

How is Andre Carter an age concern and Trotter isnt? Archuleta is an age concern and Kearse isnt?

Get real.

We can talk about Dawkins. You can talk about Springs. Dont sit back and start yapping about guys in their 20s and how they are "age concerns"

Dawkins is the only Eagle D starter in his 30's right now. The Skins have 4 now and 2 more[Griffen Marshall] before the season ends but I keep reading how the Birds are old on D on here. So doesn't it make sense that if the Eagles have age concerns then the Skins who are much older collectively must have greater age concerns?

The Eagles D is old is getting kind of stupid. They're not old. They're not young. They're in the middle somewhere. A while back I compiled the average age of the startsers on defense just for the hell of it to see what the number was. It was somewhere around 27.

I'll see if I can find the post.

Wow...That's flattering because I see you have almost 3,000 posts and I can't remember a single point you've made

WAAAHHHHH!!!! Now you've hurt my feelings. :cry:

But, you're right. I mostly watch from the sidelines. Just as I remember the great ones, I remember the ones who get slapped around like a red-haired step-child. You get taken out to the woodshed so often you're probably constantly removing splinters from yourself. You're the classic example of a guy who fawns over numbers, but has no idea how to interpret them.

And, thanks for reminding me. This is my 3000th post. :cheers:

Archived