Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate my gf's parents..

Rdskn4Lyf21

Parents, man where to start.

If they like you or not they will be protective.

Lil Sis is probably like my little sis. So freakin silly the most trouble she could get herself in is kissing a guy, and my baby sis is 15 now.

Dont get your girl to try to fight all of this, that will only make things worse for both of you.

Make dates in the afternoon. That is your easiest solution.

Movie dates suck unless they are at home. Although I understand that it is likely most affordable and easy to do on a whim.

Dates without time limits are the best. Go golfing, to the beach, amusement parks, museums, out with your family, etc. A good date (at your age) is always dinner and a show (not a movie, a live performance be it a concert or stage show). Seems to me that the girl always loved that and the parents really got an opportunity to see that their baby was growing up and spending time with a young man that was into cultural things.

Thats it for now, but if you need more, I will be happy to assist you.

Oh, and dont hate them, they are simply doing their jobs as parents protecting their children. You should be happy they dont let her run wild and do whatever. If they did she would probably be... well... a ho. Seems to me they are trying to raise a respectable young lady with a feeling of responsibility and accountability.

IMO, those are the best ones.

Maybe it's for your own benefit.

I am a good kid (I think). I have good grades...full time student, I work full time, and her parents have "told her" they like me, Im respectable, etc. etc..

I just can't comprehend how you can be a full time student AND work a full time job.

Maybe it's for your own benefit.

I just can't comprehend how you can be a full time student AND work a full time job.

Yeah...that is curious. I know plenty of people who work full time, but they only take 2 classes a semester. :whoknows: I guess maybe our friend was being a bit liberal with the term "full-time student," but then again, maybe not. Maybe he's a waiter, or works in retail?? I don't know. I had a friend who waited tables 40-50 hours a week while in school full-time during undergrad...:whoknows:

I take two or three classes at school and two online ( I go there Tues. and Thurs. evenings because I arranged to take them that way) - I use scholarship money for the online ones, so thats how I can handle that. Then I work Monday - Friday from 5am to 2pm.

I made sure of all this because I scheduled all that when I know shes busy ( she has school in the mornings and color guard practice tues. and thurs. nights). That way Im free to go to her competitions on weekends and be there for her whenever she needs.

But yeah, I do work full-time (36-40 hrs a week) and go to school full-time (12-15 credits a semester).

In response to Destino: Ive tried that. If we go out earlier say like 2pm for lunch and a movie or going to the mall or something she still gets called a few hours later and its not like there is consideration if shes eating or watching a movie.

It is no questions asked, "Get home now!" and they hang up....but Im taking her out EARLY today (going to see Pirates 2 at 11am) so they should call her 'round 2 saying get home.

I take two or three classes at school and two online ( I go there Tues. and Thurs. evenings because I arranged to take them that way) - I use scholarship money for the online ones, so thats how I can handle that. Then I work Monday - Friday from 5am to 2pm.

I made sure of all this because I scheduled all that when I know shes busy ( she has school in the mornings and color guard practice tues. and thurs. nights). That way Im free to go to her competitions on weekends and be there for her whenever she needs.

But yeah, I do work full-time (36-40 hrs a week) and go to school full-time (12-15 credits a semester).

In response to Destino: Ive tried that. If we go out earlier say like 2pm for lunch and a movie or going to the mall or something she still gets called a few hours later and its not like there is consideration if shes eating or watching a movie.

It is no questions asked, "Get home now!" and they hang up....but Im taking her out EARLY today (going to see Pirates 2 at 11am) so they should call her 'round 2 saying get home.

no question that the parents are acting unreasonably. Is it the mom or the dad?

Rdskn4Lyf,

let me tell you that you have it freaking easy!

My wife's parents are traditional southern Baptists

When my wife and I first met(we were 18), her parents informed me that they didn't beleive in datingthey beleived in courtship, which to them was basically a pre-engagement engagement. We were not allowed to go out by ourselves we always went out in groups. Eventually when I was making enough money and was mature enough, her parents gave us permission to court which meant we could actually go out on dates (we were 20 by then!) But they gave me a whole list of books I had to read and report back to them about it. We courted for about a year, than I had to ask her parents if I could marry her, of course they said yes, cuz I am awesome. I asked her to marry me the next day when she stepped off the airplane coming home from California. Funny thing is after all of the junk I had to go through to get to the engagement her parents didn't pay any attention to us after we got engaged.

My point in all of this is that despite all the crap I went through to marry my wife, I now have the most beautiful wife in the world and she is a freak in bed!!

If you are planning on being with this girl for the long term, don't deceive the parents... Because when they find out, and they will find out, it will only hurt your relationship with them. No matter how wrong you think the parents are, you have to respect their wishes and authority in their daughter's life. Sure you can try to get your gf to fight them, but how will that help your relationship with her and her parents in the long run? You are a better man then I was at that age, cause I would have split with all the parental grief you have mentioned. Just keep on keeping on... someday it should get better - when she is about 46 ;)

Try spending more time with her family in a family setting if you can. That way they can get to know you better and maybe they will feel more trusting towards you having you around more. Parents know their children better then most anyone else (most of the time) and it wouldn't hurt you to spend more time with the parents so they can see who you really are. They usually know who is the best fit for their child, not always, but most of the time. Try to win over the mom if you can. Never hurts to have someone on your side in these situations. If you love her and want to spend time with her, does it really matter where you see her? Unless of course you just want to have sex with her, then I can see why you want her away.

Respect is important here... It sounds like you have gone a long ways to respect the parent's wishes. Keep showing that respect to them and it can only help you in the long run.

Peace

Try spending more time with her family in a family setting if you can. That way they can get to know you better and maybe they will feel more trusting towards you having you around more.

the kid goes to school and works full time, he barely has to time to hit it :doh:

the kid goes to school and works full time, he barely has to time to hit it :doh:

:doh: Haha, not quite. I get off work at 2pm... noone is home til 4pm... and weekends....well Ill keep that my secret....

As far as DaFUNky said....I dont-thats why i DONT tell her to say she is going out friends and I pick her up. Its not right and its stupid.

As far as family time, I am going to Nicaragua to visit her family with her next summer...thtll be VERY interesting :D

If you were alone in my house with my 17 yr old daughter between 2-4pm. I'd show up and give you an ass whipping. I have the feeling they have an idea of what's going on and they're not too happy about it. If you really like this girl and want to a long term realtionship you need to give her parents as much respect as possible. You think you are doing that, but you may not be.

If you were alone in my house with my 17 yr old daughter between 2-4pm. I'd show up and give you an ass whipping. I have the feeling they have an idea of what's going on and they're not too happy about it. If you really like this girl and want to a long term realtionship you need to give her parents as much respect as possible. You think you are doing that, but you may not be.
We go to my house if that makes a diff... and can you expect us not to aftr 2 yrs?

We go to my house if that makes a diff... and can you expect us not to aftr 2 yrs?

In the words of Chris Rock:

I'm not sayin' it's right.......but I can understand.

8 is pretty effin early for a curfew like that. I would think most parents wouldnt mind 'til at least 10 or 11, especially for someone long-term. However, everyone is different, you just gotta deal.

when my ex and i went out for two years, we used to have a curfew at 10-11pm...then we started abusing it and we eventually had a pregnancy scare...then BAM! No more nice curfew... just suck it up, its for your own good. I don't think anyone our age is ready to be a daddy. Just enjoy the time you spend with her, listen to her parents no matter what they say and you'll be much more happier that you listened to them in the future. ( i know i regreted not listening...)

when my ex and i went out for two years, we used to have a curfew at 10-11pm...then we started abusing it and we eventually had a pregnancy scare...then BAM! No more nice curfew... just suck it up, its for your own good. I don't think anyone our age is ready to be a daddy. Just enjoy the time you spend with her, listen to her parents no matter what they say and you'll be much more happier that you listened to them in the future. ( i know i regreted not listening...)

I understand what you are saying, but that doesn't happen at night anyways... so its not like her being out later is just for us to have sex. At night we go to the movies, the mall, whatever it is and there is no point in not letting her.

I do obey what her parents say because that is a respect issue, but I know its total bull****.

As far as family time, I am going to Nicaragua to visit her family with her next summer...thtll be VERY interesting :D

Oh ****, she's Latina?? Forget about it. You better be on your best behavior, or you're gonna end up in a ditch somewheres with a Columbian necktie on!! :yikes:

Seriously...Latins don't **** around when it comes to their daughters....:paranoid:

Oh ****, she's Latina?? Forget about it. You better be on your best behavior, or you're gonna end up in a ditch somewheres with a Columbian necktie on!! :yikes:

Seriously...Latins don't **** around when it comes to their daughters....:paranoid:

:laugh: I know...that is one of my main reasons why her parents are being irrational and often bipolar when it comes to their decisions

out of curiousity where do you work with these kind of hours?

Office Depot.

We open at 7am, but Im the morning technology guy there, so I get there at 5am with the lead stocker and the manager to set different layouts/plan-o-grams and do stock from the night before and set missing signs and tickets and all.

Archived