Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate my gf's parents..

Rdskn4Lyf21

Ok, since there seems to be a lot of dads on this board, I have a question.

My gf is 17 and Im 19. We have been going out for 2 years and 3 months. I have driven for 2 of those years.

The thing is whenever we are out (this has always been this way) her parents would give her a curfew, but call her earlier and tell her to get home immediately.

When with her friends at their houses or parties or wherever she can be out til 12, with me she gets called home as early as 8.

I am a good kid (I think). I have good grades...full time student, I work full time, and her parents have "told her" they like me, Im respectable, etc. etc.. I treat her right and when her parents arent there I take her and her sister to eat and wherever they need to go.

What the **** is up here?!?! From a parental perspective can ya'll offer me some help?

Thanks

I guess I should tell them I use protection ;) :laugh:

:rotflmao:

I guess it isnt easy to for them to know their daughter is getting poked.

I lucked out. My girlfriend doesnt have a father... he was a deadbeat. She lives with her grandmother and mother while she goes to school. I'm the man of the house over there. I mow the lawn and take care of all the small things. I believe it would be a different story if there was a father involved.

:laugh: :laugh: Yeah, it seems to be!

Back to the issue though if ya'll dont mind - what can be done? Or any ideas for reasons why they are like this?

They dont like you because their daughter is 17.

They remember what 19 year old boys are like.........

Back to the point though. I think its just the classic stance taken by alot of parents. They want their daughter, as well as you to know that they are still in control. Parents also tend to protect their daughters a little more. As you get older and she leaves high school, you will get alot more independance. Just continue to play their game until that happens.

Back to the point though. I think its just the classic stance taken by alot of parents. They want their daughter, as well as you to know that they are still in control. Parents also tend to protect their daughters a little more. As you get older and she leaves high school, you will get alot more independance. Just continue to play their game until that happens.

It really sucks because Ive been playing it for more than 2 years. It seems to be getting worse as time goes on...

Also, her sister (just turned 13) is always out somewhere with her little friends til 11 or 1130 and her parents dont know where she is and they let her run free....

I know ill be strict with my daughter, but after 2 years and I see her happy and taken care of Ill be trusting..

It really sucks because Ive been playing it for more than 2 years. It seems to be getting worse as time goes on...

Also, her sister (just turned 13) is always out somewhere with her little friends til 11 or 1130 and her parents dont know where she is and they let her run free....

I know ill be strict with my daughter, but after 2 years and I see her happy and taken care of Ill be trusting..

The parents wont really be truely convinced yall are for real until yall both hit 20. Right now the parents are still in the mindset of "Oh, there will be plenty of others before she finds the one." So right now I guess they are trying to guard her a little bit. Not so much against sexual stuff, but her emotions as well. If you guys last through that stage then it will be smooth sailing from there. So just continue to "play" their game and be respectful. Each year it will get better and better.

Is she out with them in a car driven by a teenager?

Way too many kids down here die tragically in car accidents for stupid reasons; racing and such along with drinking. They might just be worried about their little girl becoming a statistic.

Is she out with them in a car driven by a teenager?

Way too many kids down here die tragically in car accidents for stupid reasons; racing and such along with drinking. They might just be worried about their little girl becoming a statistic.

From what I know that happened once...shes usually at movies or mall..

Alright LiveStrong thanks,

I guess Ill just stick to the beers and jaeger when her parents drive me too crazy....

:cheers: No problem man. I went through the same stuff. Dont think its you, theyd be the same with anyone. Listen to them but dont harp too much on it, as it will start to cause issues with your girlfriend. Just tolerate it for now. good luck with it all.

One time I made the mistake of watching the skins game at my ex girlfriends house. Her dad doesnt even like football but was going to go the extra mile to really like me. Westbrook dropped a pass and needless to say I dropped a huge F-bomb. That relationship didnt work. :laugh:

Archived