Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday in D.C

RedskinsFanatic

At the games themselves, a fair amount represent but at the same time not enough. Too many people come wearing their country club or VATech polo shirt. If you go to a Philly game EVERYONE has green on.

Around town on game day, not a whole lot. The DC area is a very transitory place and thus a lot of people from different areas of the country and supporting their respective teams.

with so many people in the DC area from other places u do not really get to see alot of B&G on the streets. truth be told u see alot of cowboys gear as the dallas games get close. it makes me sick to my stomach but it is the truth.. i think last season got peoples attention so hopefully things will change.. it would be nice to see the city behind the team in a major way! i guess everyone is not as crazy as we are (dedicating hours a day to the team) but we need more B&G on the streets of DC HAIL!!!

I don't live in D.C., but I make it up there a couple times a year...at least once per year for a game. The last game I went to was the Xmas Eve game (parents-in-law LOVED the last minute Xmas cancellation) against the Giants. We went to Tyson's Corner to visit the Redskins store - which if you're not spoiled by having a Skins store close, that's a big deal. But anyway, it was game day and I saw TONS of people wearing Skins stuff through out the mall. It was great - BUT at the same time - there was no enthusiam between the fans. Every time I saw someone in the mall wearing Skins stuff, I wanted to yell or nod or something...unfortunately, no one ever really made eye contact. It's pretty strange when two people are wearing the exact same jersey on game day in D.C. and no one cares (especially with the importance of that game). I mean, just wearing THE colors should buy you a nod. Now, I understand living there, it's probably not rare at all to see people wearing Skins gear, but damn - aren't we ONE family. Here in yee-haw KY, if Skins fan notice one another - its instant friends. I don't know, I thought that was weird, but I guess living in Skins country is different than wishing you lived there...

I don't live in D.C., but I make it up there a couple times a year...at least once per year for a game. The last game I went to was the Xmas Eve game (parents-in-law LOVED the last minute Xmas cancellation) against the Giants. We went to Tyson's Corner to visit the Redskins store - which if you're not spoiled by having a Skins store close, that's a big deal. But anyway, it was game day and I saw TONS of people wearing Skins stuff through out the mall. It was great - BUT at the same time - there was no enthusiam between the fans. Every time I saw someone in the mall wearing Skins stuff, I wanted to yell or nod or something...unfortunately, no one ever really made eye contact. It's pretty strange when two people are wearing the exact same jersey on game day in D.C. and no one cares (especially with the importance of that game). I mean, just wearing THE colors should buy you a nod. Now, I understand living there, it's probably not rare at all to see people wearing Skins gear, but damn - aren't we ONE family. Here in yee-haw KY, if Skins fan notice one another - its instant friends. I don't know, I thought that was weird, but I guess living in Skins country is different than wishing you lived there...

Yeah if everyone yelled and shouted every time they saw someone else in a Redskins jersey around here it would be like and British listening in awe every time Big Ben chimed.

Being that I live closer to Baltimore then DC here in Maryland, I see more purple and black then I see B & G around here. :puke:

It's funny that towards the end of last season, I didn't see ANY purple and black (go figure), just B & G with some black and gold of the Steelers fans.

Those Raven fans jumped off their bandwagon soooooo fast, it was like it was on FIRE!!!! :laugh:

Was wondering if you see alot of Redskins faithful wear the Burgandy & Gold on gameday, does that happen in D.C.? Do you see it throughout the year as well? :logo:

Yep...everywhere you go at least one person, even in the smallest of shops, is usually wearing a hat or a shirt. It's pretty cool :point2sky

HTTR!

I love when I'm leaving the house on gameday when we are playing at home. I always get started leaving the house around 9am for a 1pm kickoff. My stops sometimes take me through the local grocery store and I almost always cross paths with someone else who is picking up some last minute necessities for their tailgate. We always share glances with a confident look and friendly head nod.

And on the drive to the stadium I love to pull up alongside other drivers who have their Redskin flags flying on their cars/trucks. Here again, we always acknowlege each other with a friendly honk of the horn or #1 sign.

Starting off your gameday like this always gets your blood pumping.

I'm not much into the jersies but I do a couple of t-shirts. As a funny little story though I had one that I got rid of. I got it from my in-laws, who are Philthy fans, and wore it on game day the week we were shut out by the Giants. I'm not supersticious at all but the weeks I wore it coincided with the 3 game slide in the middle of the season and after it was gone the 5 game win streak began. I know there's no way it had anything to do with it but I really didn't want to wear it after that. Sounds silly I know but oh well.

Archived