Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst Redskins Player in History

skinfan2k

How can an undrafted free agent be considered the worst Redskin ever? The fact that Shar started games for us at LT is pretty amazing. I think you have to factor in what was used to acquire the player in making the assessment.

Why? How does their acquisition status have anything to do with their performance on the field? If you came in as a free agent, signed for nothing, yet got burned for a touchdown every time the ball came your way, costing the team wins each and every Sunday (David Terrell), how is that better than getting drafted in the first round and only having one good season (Rod Gardner)? Just because you're a bust doesn't mean you're the worst player to suit up.

Heath Shuler was one of the worst players, not just on the Redskins but, ever! Albert Connell was also a huge piece of s*it not only because of his lack of talent, but also because he was caught stealing out of teammates' lockers! WTF. The list could definitely go on for days, but its funny to look back on it.

How can an undrafted free agent be considered the worst Redskin ever? The fact that Shar started games for us at LT is pretty amazing. I think you have to factor in what was used to acquire the player in making the assessment.

What does it matter when the guy was drafted? If I played for the Redskins this season I'd probably be the worst player ever even though I'm 30 and haven't suited up since high school. We are talking about on-field performance. Read the first post.

We are talking about worst starter for the Redskins regardless of when he was drafted or what heart-touching background story he has... Nothing else should be taken into consideration.

Shar was the worst o-lineman we've had in decades... missing blocks, holding, and a plethora of false starts... Tony Mandorich was better... even though he was drafted #2 overall.

Stanley Richard is the single worst player I've seen in a Redskins uniform.

If you had to go by what we gave up it would have to be a tie between Shuler and Howard. Both cost us high draft picks that may have been better franchis type players and maybe we wouldn't have stayed in the Norv Turner tailspin all those years that we're still trying to recover from.

this thread coudl be fun... the objective is that the guy must be a starter on the skins team for more than 1 yr... no punters, and kickers can be included..

players from the 80s-90s, im certainly not a pro remember old redskins names

90s-00s era from petitbon, turner, and gibbs

00s-present spurrier, marty, gibbs

List your names!!!

Here is the rules of the thread for those that didn;t read them...

So, Shuler, Howard, or any K/P would NOT qualify. Also, it doesn't matter where someone was drafted. This is simply the worst Redskins starter...

my votes are still:

Offense: Shar Pourdanesh

Defense: Stanley Richard

Heath Shuler-QB

Trung Candidate-RB

Desmond Howard-WR

Andre Johnson (I think that was his name)-OL, drafted in the 1st round and never suited up

DL-Dana Stubblefat was overrated but made some plays

LB-Warrick Holdman

DB-Matt Stevens

Walt Harris.

He wasn't a starter and was actually pretty damm good for a 3rd cb, he was a pro bowler as soon as he became a full time starter on the 9ers/

Anyway

S David Terrell, QB Heath Shuller, WR Rod Gardner, WR Brandon Lloyd (factually the worst season for a starting WR in NFL history)

Why? How does their acquisition status have anything to do with their performance on the field? If you came in as a free agent, signed for nothing, yet got burned for a touchdown every time the ball came your way, costing the team wins each and every Sunday (David Terrell), how is that better than getting drafted in the first round and only having one good season (Rod Gardner)? Just because you're a bust doesn't mean you're the worst player to suit up.

Because if you are an undrafted free agent and are able to start, regardless of how worthless your play is, your return on investment is insanely high because you beat out players that the team invested far more value in.

Players like Lloyd who cost multiple picks and huge dead space in cap are far worse in their negative impact on the team because they not only suck, but prevent the team from acquiring other talent with those picks and cap space.

Because if you are an undrafted free agent and are able to start, regardless of how worthless your play is, your return on investment is insanely high because you beat out players that the team invested far more value in.

Players like Lloyd who cost multiple picks and huge dead space in cap are far worse in their negative impact on the team because they not only suck, but prevent the team from acquiring other talent with those picks and cap space.

The thread was started to have the worst player, nothing about how acquired. How is there performance on the field? They also must be a starter for at least a year. So, Brandon Lloyd would not qualify and neither would Shuler.

Still say:

Offense: Shar Pourdanesh

Defense: Stanley Ricahard.

That's what this thread is for... who's play was the most worthless... NOT about value of a draft pick or FA or how much was invested in them...

Heath Shuler-QB

Trung Candidate-RB

Desmond Howard-WR

Andre Johnson (I think that was his name)-OL, drafted in the 1st round and never suited up

DL-Dana Stubblefat was overrated but made some plays

LB-Warrick Holdman

DB-Matt Stevens

Did any of them actually start for a full 16 game season?

Archived