Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Silva's knees to Franklins body led to the broken nose. Franklin lowered his arms to protect his ribs after being knee'd repeatedly, thats when Silva pulled down on his head and brought his knee up to break his nose. Silva's body attack on franklin is what killed him more than anything in my opinion.

Yeah, I remember that now. Franklin better have learned some Muay Thai clinch defense or he's in for a very short night again. :)

Yeah, I remember that now. Franklin better have learned some Muay Thai clinch defense or he's in for a very short night again. :)

i remember in interviews since the fights, Franklin said he thought he would have the advantage in the clinch because of his strength and when he couldn't controll Silva from the clinch, he was surprised. i highly doubt Franklin will attempt to clinch with silva in this fight.:laugh:

my predictions for UFC 77:

Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin: Franklin will put up a better fight. He will come in with a better gameplan, and will be competitive in his hometown. That being said, i can't think of one single area in which Franklin has an advantage over Silva. Franklins best chance to win would be to get Silva on the ground and try some ground and pound, which is no easy task as Silva is extremely active off his back. I say Franklin makes it out of the first round before Silva finishes him off in the 2nd via KO.

A.Silva by 2nd Round KO.

Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera: a match up of power vs. speed. Timmy outweighed Vera by close to 40lbs at weigh-in which will only increase come fight time. Its important that Vera comes out and establish some combinations that incorporate leg kicks to get Sylvia out of his timing. Sylvia on the other hand should look to keep Vera at a distance with his reach advantage. I hope Vera wins in devastating fashion, but my mind is telling me the ring rust will be a bit much for Vera, and in a 3 round fight thats not a good thing.

Tim Sylvia by UD (i'll be rooting heavily for Vera though)

Kalib Starnes vs. Alan Belcher: pretty even match up here. not much separates either fighter. i'll go with Starnes as he has shown to be a little more consistent in his last few fights.

Starnes by SD.

Stephan Bonnar vs. Eric Schafer: i'm not sure i care enough about this fight to go into details.

Bonnar by UD

Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald (why is this fight not being shown on the main card?????): tough match to call, Okami's strength will present problems for macdonald. when it goes to the ground, i expect macdonald to relentlessly go for submissions from his back, but Okami's ground n pound will be too strong.

Okami by ref stoppage due to strikes in the 2nd.

Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald (why is this fight not being shown on the main card?????)

Apparently because Okami is boring

http://ufcmania.com/2007/10/20/jason-macdonald-okami-is-boring-and-the-reason-ufc-77-bout-not-on-main-card/

Macdonald: “As far as the decision to not be on the main card, the UFC has told me that it has nothing to do with me. It has to do with the fact that Okami is a boring fighter. They know I’ll try to put on an exciting fight. In fact, as I felt the hotel on Thursday, I ran into Joe Silva, the matchmaker for the UFC, and he asked to talk to me to express that again and apologized in advance to me.”

I think Silva wins easily and Vera-Sylvia is a toss up. I am going with Vera because I like him better. The rest of the card pretty much sucks.

Apparently because Okami is boring

http://ufcmania.com/2007/10/20/jason-macdonald-okami-is-boring-and-the-reason-ufc-77-bout-not-on-main-card/

Macdonald: “As far as the decision to not be on the main card, the UFC has told me that it has nothing to do with me. It has to do with the fact that Okami is a boring fighter. They know I’ll try to put on an exciting fight. In fact, as I felt the hotel on Thursday, I ran into Joe Silva, the matchmaker for the UFC, and he asked to talk to me to express that again and apologized in advance to me.”

I think Silva wins easily and Vera-Sylvia is a toss up. I am going with Vera because I like him better. The rest of the card pretty much sucks.

Is this why Arlovski hasn't faught in a while? The UFC is getting more and more volitile, seemingly every day. The henchmen better watch their step, or a more professional organization will start giving them problems. They don't want this to become WCW/WWF, I'd hope.

What a hell of a thing to say about a fighter. Would even Roger Goodell come out and say something like, "well, we aren't going to show the Redskins game anywhere, except the metro area, because they are boring." No, he can keep it to himself if that's the case. Disgusting tactics by Joe Silva. Okami is a good fighter, he laid low against Franklin - Rich had a great gameplan. But Okami STILL almost ripped Rich's arm out of socket. That's horse****. A stacked card should be the only reason they aren't showing that fight. And that, it is not.

Just another reason I do not forsee myself paying $40 to see the UFC in HD any time soon. Revving it on the computer tonight, once again.

Is this why Arlovski hasn't faught in a while? The UFC is getting more and more volitile, seemingly every day. The henchmen better watch their step, or a more professional organization will start giving them problems. They don't want this to become WCW/WWF, I'd hope.

Arlovski was supposed to get a shot at the title if he beat Werdum, but since it was boring fight, that plan was scrapped.

I rarely actively root for a fighter (I usually just enjoy watching the fight), but I'm pulling for Franklin. He's all class. Don't get me wrong, so is A. Silva, but I think a win by Franklin would be great for the sport, and it means we would most likely get another rematch.

I rarely actively root for a fighter (I usually just enjoy watching the fight), but I'm pulling for Franklin. He's all class. Don't get me wrong, so is A. Silva, but I think a win by Franklin would be great for the sport, and it means we would most likely get another rematch.

i like Franklin as well, but A.Silva is my favorite fighter out right now. I hope he dominates again.

another win by silva would force dana to actually sign some mw's for that division.

He's probably banking on Henderson to drop down to MW. He will especially want that if Silva dominates Franklin.

Hendo has stated that he has no intentions of goin back to 185. and some rumors have said that hendo is not happy with his contract or ufc management right now, so it may be awhile before he fights again.

on another note, the sopcast channel is 24267 for those who need it.

Hendo has stated that he has no intentions of goin back to 185. and some rumors have said that hendo is not happy with his contract or ufc management right now, so it may be awhile before he fights again.

on another note, the sopcast channel is 24267 for those who need it.

Who isn't happy with UFC management right now? Hendo could easily mix it up in middleweight, but he'd probably take a freakin pay cut. Rich and Dana are tied at the balls...nobody but Silva and Franklin are going to be treated fairly in MW.