Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Can anyone else not stand the EliteXC commentators? I like Bernstein for boxing, not so much for MMA. And I really can not stand listening to Stephen Quadros.

Oh well, at least Bill Goldberg is not on tonight.

I do not really like EliteXC, but I will watch it just because I like MMA. But their broadcasters cause me to turn it off every once in a while.

their commentators (outside of bill goldberg) aren't any worse than UFC commentators.

Mike Goldberg knows close to nothing about the sport, and while i like Rogan, he says the exact same **** every fight.

Can anyone else not stand the EliteXC commentators? I like Bernstein for boxing, not so much for MMA. And I really can not stand listening to Stephen Quadros.

Oh well, at least Bill Goldberg is not on tonight.

I do not really like EliteXC, but I will watch it just because I like MMA. But their broadcasters cause me to turn it off every once in a while.

their commentators (outside of bill goldberg) aren't any worse than UFC commentators.

Mike Goldberg knows close to nothing about the sport, and while i like Rogan, he says the exact same **** every fight.

EliteXC had one of the worst shows, if not the worst show, of the year. When Sakuraba and Royce Gracie had a 15 minute match, and we saw the debut of Brock Lesnar in MMA. The introductions to the fighters were longer than the fights. The fights were all bad. Jonny Morton, former WR from the Chiefs got flatlined for about 3 minutes. It was scary. From that day forward, I've never had a passing thought about watching EliteXC.
That was a terrible show. I had no intention of watching it tonight, but I stopped for a few minutes. And that was about all I could take.

That was NOT an EliteXC show. It was a K-1 show.

EliteXC had one of the worst shows, if not the worst show, of the year. When Sakuraba and Royce Gracie had a 15 minute match, and we saw the debut of Brock Lesnar in MMA. The introductions to the fighters were longer than the fights. The fights were all bad. Jonny Morton, former WR from the Chiefs got flatlined for about 3 minutes. It was scary. From that day forward, I've never had a passing thought about watching EliteXC.
That was a terrible show. I had no intention of watching it tonight, but I stopped for a few minutes. And that was about all I could take.

That was NOT an EliteXC show. It was a K-1 show.

Huh? Maybe a few years down the road, but do you really think he can beat Big Nog or Andre Arlovski? I don't think so.

What do you think he has been doing his whole life? Wrestling

He is ready.

He is stronger than anyone in the UFC.

I would definitly build him up a bit with a few stepping stone fights.

Wait till someone gets the belt and then put lesnar in there for a title shot.

If it wasn't for lesnar the heavy wieght division would be ruined.

Even with him, it's still very very weak.

If I were rampage I would move up after beating Silva.

Huh? Maybe a few years down the road, but do you really think he can beat Big Nog or Andre Arlovski? I don't think so.

He is ready.

People were saying the same thing about Randy Couture until he came back from two straight KOs and whipped Tim Sylvia around the ring for 5 rounds, then TKO'd Gabriel Gonzaga who was supposed to stop him.

Chuck has yet to beat a top-tier LHW in a long time now. He was then embarrassed by Jackson, and likewise by Jardine (who isn't even a top-ten LHW). I'm sorry, but Chuck has lost a step. Wandy at least has an excuse. He was fighting way too much. If I was a betting man, which I am, I see Wandy winning this fight, and Chuck retiring shortly afterwards.

People were saying the same thing about Randy Couture until he came back from two straight KOs and whipped Tim Sylvia around the ring for 5 rounds, then TKO'd Gabriel Gonzaga who was supposed to stop him.

Chuck has yet to beat a top-tier LHW in a long time now. He was then embarrassed by Jackson, and likewise by Jardine (who isn't even a top-ten LHW). I'm sorry, but Chuck has lost a step. Wandy at least has an excuse. He was fighting way too much. If I was a betting man, which I am, I see Wandy winning this fight, and Chuck retiring shortly afterwards.

It's been a little over a year and a half since he KO'd Randy for the 2nd time. He followed that up with TKOs over Babalu and Tito Ortiz, granted those two are no longer top-tier LHWs, but you have to respect his run of 7 straight KOs, 5 of those were title defenses. And he lost to the man who is currently ranked the #1 LHW in the world.

People get in slumps, just ask Wanderlei, he got K'dTFO twice, once my CroCop who is in a slump as well and once by Dan Henderson who just lost to 'Page, who coincidentally has been KO'd twice by Wanderlei.

You see how things play out?

Go ahead an bet against Chuck but this fight is up in the air, both of these guys are hungry and in a slump and whoever wins will likely get a title shot and whoever loses is going to be in very bad shape career-wise.

He is ready.

The HW division is definitely not as good as it was before Randy left but it's by no means "very very weak."

Brandon Vera, Tim Sylvia, CroCop, Cheik Kongo, Big Nog, Arlovski, Gonzaga, and your boy Brock.

Weak? Nope.

It's been a little over a year and a half since he KO'd Randy for the 2nd time. He followed that up with TKOs over Babalu and Tito Ortiz, granted those two are no longer top-tier LHWs, but you have to respect his run of 7 straight KOs, 5 of those were title defenses. And he lost to the man who is currently ranked the #1 LHW in the world.

People get in slumps, just ask Wanderlei, he got K'dTFO twice, once my CroCop who is in a slump as well and once by Dan Henderson who just lost to 'Page, who coincidentally has been KO'd twice by Wanderlei.

You see how things play out?

Go ahead an bet against Chuck but this fight is up in the air, both of these guys are hungry and in a slump and whoever wins will likely get a title shot and whoever loses is going to be in very bad shape career-wise.

He is ready.

The HW division is definitely not as good as it was before Randy left but it's by no means "very very weak."

Brandon Vera, Tim Sylvia, CroCop, Cheik Kongo, Big Nog, Arlovski, Gonzaga, and your boy Brock.

Weak? Nope.

Gotta love when the mouthpiece goes flyin. :laugh:

That's a sign that things are taking a turn for the worst. :laugh:

The Redskins look bad right now, specifically the offense, at least we have MMA to look forward to right (and maybe the Wizards)?

Without MMA I think I'd go crazy in the world of sports.

Gotta love when the mouthpiece goes flyin. :laugh:

The Redskins look bad right now, specifically the offense, at least we have MMA to look forward to right (and maybe the Wizards)?

Seriously, this is my haven for non-Redskins talk. Can we keep this thread limited to anything from fairy tales to zoology to MMA, no Redskins? :twitch:

But I freakin' agree with you. This is the most empty feeling I've had since I started seriously watching the R-d-ins back in the mid 90's. Thank God I get to see somebody get their ass wooped in MMA soon. I'm watching TUF on Wednesday and having a few brewskies.