Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I agree with Tito and Couture. I always got the feeling that they weren't getting paid as much as boxers and now we have confirmation. I think I heard De La Hoya and Mayweather each made something like $10 million for their last fight? The UFC is bigger than boxing now! More excitement, more viewers: PPV and regular TV (Ultimate Figher reality show), more merchandise, more students (pretty much every martial arts school is adding an MMA program now), etc...If it's the giant that we all know it is, wouldn't you like to see your favorite fighter getting a bigger cut instead of Dana White making all the $$$???

Agreed 100%. It goes for any popular pro sport in America. Golfers that walk from hole to hole make millions and millions of dollars. The best UFC fighters make $500,000 a fight. The worst make less than $5,000. This is a sport you put your face and body at risk for 10-fold. That goes for training as much as the actual fighting. It's a sham.

I agree with Tito and Couture. I always got the feeling that they weren't getting paid as much as boxers and now we have confirmation. I think I heard De La Hoya and Mayweather each made something like $10 million for their last fight? The UFC is bigger than boxing now! More excitement, more viewers: PPV and regular TV (Ultimate Figher reality show), more merchandise, more students (pretty much every martial arts school is adding an MMA program now), etc...If it's the giant that we all know it is, wouldn't you like to see your favorite fighter getting a bigger cut instead of Dana White making all the $$$???

Mayweather made close to 25mil

De La Hoya got closer to 40mil

that fight was the single highest selling fight in boxing history

Here ya go herrmag :cheers:

Wow, I'm shocked you actually did it! :laugh: Just fair warning, I didn't resize the pic or anything, so it might not meet board specs...And, since you're a good sport, why not just keep it in your sig for 3 days and we'll call it even. I don't think I can stand seeing that for a full week.

Hey man, if you have that pic sized I'll go ahead and shamefully put it up in my sig.

Wow, I'm shocked you actually did it! :laugh: Just fair warning, I didn't resize the pic or anything, so it might not meet board specs...And, since you're a good sport, why not just keep it in your sig for 3 days and we'll call it even. I don't think I can stand seeing that for a full week.

Let it never be said that im not a good sport about anything. :laugh:

Sounds good. We'll do it again for the next PPV. :cheers:

Here's the pic resized. Wouldn't want you to lose your sig privileges!

I cant hotlink to an attached image. You need to post that to photobucket or something.........or dont worry about it, if the mods ask me to get rid of it, i'll let you know. Its only for 3 days and ive never been a sig-offender before. :)

Agreed 100%. It goes for any popular pro sport in America. Golfers that walk from hole to hole make millions and millions of dollars. The best UFC fighters make $500,000 a fight. The worst make less than $5,000. This is a sport you put your face and body at risk for 10-fold. That goes for training as much as the actual fighting. It's a sham.

I was shocked when I saw what some of the lesser-known fighters get paid for a fight. I don't even see how they get by, even with endorsements. These guys can't possibly make more than I do in a year and I make less than $50-grand.

The big name guys deserve a LOT more as well.

I was shocked when I saw what some of the lesser-known fighters get paid for a fight. I don't even see how they get by, even with endorsements. These guys can't possibly make more than I do in a year and I make less than $50-grand.

as big as the UFC is, its embarrassing some fighters are getting 3k to fight with another 3k IF they win.

Yeah, when I saw the figures from UFC 79, I was pretty shocked. It must really be tough to be a lower-rung fighter and make any sort of living. Which, I suspect, they don't; they are pretty much poor, but live to fight.

Even if they make 50,000 a year, they have to pay everything we have to pay, plus their trainers, so it must be really tough, as you mentioned.

as big as the UFC is, its embarrassing some fighters are getting 3k to fight with another 3k IF they win.

I wonder if something akin to the NFL, with the NFLPA, will be formed for MMA fighters. Eventually, like any sport, the fighters will need to be paid closer to their true value.

Yeah, when I saw the figures from UFC 79, I was pretty shocked. It must really be tough to be a lower-rung fighter and make any sort of living. Which, I suspect, they don't; they are pretty much poor, but live to fight.

Even if they make 50,000 a year, they have to pay everything we have to pay, plus their trainers, so it must be really tough, as you mentioned.

I don't know about that. I imagine that if they are good enough to fight in the UFC, they probably also train other fighters and teach classes, which may reimburse them at least for the expense of their own personal trainers, etc. Still getting whored on the salary regardless.

I wonder if something akin to the NFL, with the NFLPA, will be formed for MMA fighters. Eventually, like any sport, the fighters will need to be paid closer to their true value.

i hope they do get some better paydays because only then will you begin to see world-class boxing talent in mixed-martial arts.

when you think about it, boxing is the only discipline in which mma can't claim to have the best talent in that particular discipline.

we've seen bjj champions, olympic judokas, olympic wrestlers, muay thai champions, but never a top flight boxer in mma (no ray mercer don't count :laugh: )

until the payday's rise in mma, there won't be any top flight boxing talent in mma. mid-card level boxers make as much and in most cases more than the highest paid ufc fighters per fight.

Going to need something else Herrmag............

Why doesnt Mayhem fight anymore in the UFC?

He's under contract in the WEC and ICON Sport. He's talked about his huge loyalty to ICON Sport and Mayhem doesn't really care about where he fights. I think he fought Joe Riggs in the WEC last year. Otherwise haven't seen or heard about him until that video with Rampage.

He's under contract in the WEC and ICON Sport. He's talked about his huge loyalty to ICON Sport and Mayhem doesn't really care about where he fights. I think he fought Joe Riggs in the WEC last year. Otherwise haven't seen or heard about him until that video with Rampage.

Damn, he's one of my favorite guys. He's ****ing nuts and hilarious.