Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Anybody have early predictions for UFC 80? I have a feeling Werdum might get Gonzaga this time. Couture may have gotten in to Gonzaga's head with that overwhelming clinch and ground action. Werdum doesn't like to strike, as shown in that lackluster Arlovski fight. But if he clinches Gonzo up, Gabe may be in trouble.

I'm still on the fence about BJ and Stevenson.

And I'm surprised the Stout/Eklund fight isn't being shown.

As for this weekend I'm taking Stevenson over Penn and takin Gonzo over Werdum.

I agree with both of these. I think the Prodigy/Daddy fight is going to be better than it's getting credit for. But I'm really looking forward to Stevenson fighting Sean Sherk more than anything.

But a a dream LW fight? Urijah Faber gains 10 pounds and fights Sean Sherk.

Sorry, I know I've made some terrible picks in the past, but are you guys freaking kidding me? Stevenson over Penn? If this was the lazy, I want to go surfing Penn, then maybe Stevenson has a chance. But, as stated multiple times in interviews, he has rededicated himself. I don't really see what Stevenson does better than BJ.

Sorry, I know I've made some terrible picks in the past, but are you guys freaking kidding me? Stevenson over Penn? If this was the lazy, I want to go surfing Penn, then maybe Stevenson has a chance. But, as stated multiple times in interviews, he has rededicated himself. I don't really see what Stevenson does better than BJ.

Easier said than done. BJ might have fantastic standup, but Stevenson isn't bad himself. He's 25 and getting better, with a lot of experience under his belt. The kid will come in determined.

He's also pretty stout on the ground, and I can't help but debate with people about BJ's ground game. He submitted a dwindling Matt Hughes and a Jens Pulver who obviously had urgent plans about dropping to Featherweight. He lost to a 24 year old St. Pierre and had to start making excuses about not being dedicated. I'm sorry, but this sounds like Lavar going to the Giants. Huge potential, lost his focus with us, and "gained it back" when he got there. BJ's nickname is "The Prodigy". Standing at 12-4-1 at 29 years old, he better hurry up. Again, sounds like what Lavar faced. Of course, BJ isn't prone to injury, but I just think he's a little overrated.

I will take the bet Herrmag, what the ****, why not?

1 week?

Okay, sounds good.

I sometimes watch the fights at Bailey's, but I prefer to go to Buffalo Billiards downtown. It's free and they'll be showing the Jones Jr. fight as well.

Sure,

d0ublestr0ker0ll guillotine chokes herrmag

070108stevenson.jpg

herrmag looking at his dad's hidden magazines

bjpenn.jpg

"Hi I'm herrmag, and I lost a bet"

bjpenn.jpg

I don't know which one to choose. :laugh:

I was rolling when I saw your sigs...Hell, I'll put them all in if I lose.

So, if I lose, I'll put PleaseBlitz's sig for the first week, and yours for the second week.

Preach on brotha.. Stevenson is stepping up to a whole new class in this fight. If BJ is in shape he can beat anybody he is that talented. i wanna see a rematch down the road with GSP. BJ has lost fights because of cardio period.

Lets look at his losses

Hughes 2nd fight- dominates 1st 2 rounds and going for a submission at the end of rd2 hurt his ribs he should bowed out but fought anyway.

Pulver 1st fight- I thought it was a draw.

Coal Uno 2nd fight- Thought BJ won was called draw

GSP- Dominated 1st 2 rounds then cardio caught up to him still a good fight. I wanna see a rematch

Who was his 4th loss?

Sherk would rape Faber and so would Penn. Sherk got absolutely raped by GSP and Hughes. Penn will work Sherk i got some money on that fight if anybody wants it. Penn has great takedown defense and honestly i would'nt want to be fighting him from the top. He will make Sherk standup and beat him and will get embarassed.

Stevenson has beaten nobody his best win was his last fight this is a huge stepup from the Drew Ficketts of the world.

Preach on brotha.. Stevenson is stepping up to a whole new class in this fight. If BJ is in shape he can beat anybody he is that talented. i wanna see a rematch down the road with GSP. BJ has lost fights because of cardio period.

Lets look at his losses

Hughes 2nd fight- dominates 1st 2 rounds and going for a submission at the end of rd2 hurt his ribs he should bowed out but fought anyway.

Pulver 1st fight- I thought it was a draw.

Coal Uno 2nd fight- Thought BJ won was called draw

GSP- Dominated 1st 2 rounds then cardio caught up to him still a good fight. I wanna see a rematch

Who was his 4th loss?

Sherk would rape Faber and so would Penn. Sherk got absolutely raped by GSP and Hughes. Penn will work Sherk i got some money on that fight if anybody wants it. Penn has great takedown defense and honestly i would'nt want to be fighting him from the top. He will make Sherk standup and beat him and will get embarassed.

Stevenson has beaten nobody his best win was his last fight this is a huge stepup from the Drew Ficketts of the world.

Machida beat him in a decision. I didn't see the fight, so can't comment.

Okay, I can't take everybody myself. I've got 2 weeks worth of sig bets so far. Anybody else want to bet for BJ so I'm not stuck with 2 years worth of "herrmag getting choked out" and "herrmag getting KTFO" sigs? :laugh:

I'm a BJ Penn man all the way. I'm with you, Mag. Just let me know what I need to do and when.

Okay, I can't take everybody myself. I've got 2 weeks worth of sig bets so far. Anybody else want to bet for BJ so I'm not stuck with 2 years worth of "herrmag getting choked out" and "herrmag getting KTFO" sigs? :laugh:

Dammit, I came in late or I would've made a sig bet on Stevenson winning. Care to take one more herrmag?

BTW, are you watching at Buffalo Billiards this weekend?

Machida beat him in a decision. I didn't see the fight, so can't comment.

Machida had a big weight advantage in the fight and it was clear that Penn didn't have much endurance due to all the extra weight he was trying to put on. Penn still gave him a tough fight, probably the closest Machida has ever came to losing.