Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

everybody looks sick in a highlight, thats the purpose lol.

i'm not sold on Faber just yet, in his 20 fights he's fought 19 nobodies, and the one guy i recognize (Tyson Griffin) knocked him out.

it'll be interesting to see how he does against Curran, whose a pretty good featherweight.

Well considering I've never heard of Curran, I'd put him in the nobody category too.

But as far as that goes, I think the way Urijah fights shows that he's got a lot of potential. I mean, he reminds me of a Sean Sherk with very good standup.

Well considering I've never heard of Curran, I'd put him in the nobody category too.

But as far as that goes, I think the way Urijah fights shows that he's got a lot of potential. I mean, he reminds me of a Sean Sherk with very good standup.

curran is a good test for faber, he's fought in pride alot. Curran really fought out of division for most of his career at 155, where all of his losses have come. He hasn't been defeated at 145, and he's a bjj blackbelt.

faber should win, but curran will definitely test him.

curran is a good test for faber, he's fought in pride alot. Curran really fought out of division for most of his career at 155, where all of his losses have come. He hasn't been defeated at 145, and he's a bjj blackbelt.

faber should win, but curran will definitely test him.

Sorry bro, Curran only fought in Pride once. This was his 4th fight in the WEC. He's fought in the UFC, KOTC (King Of The Cage) Hook-n-Shoot, FCC (Freestyle Combat Challenge) and other smaller shows.

He's been defeated at 145lbs 4 times. He lost to Hatsu Hioki at Pride Bushido 12 by decision. He lost to Norifumi Yamamoto at Super Brawl 29 ( It's held in Hawaii) by decision. He lost to Ivan Menjvar at UCC 10 (Held in Canada) by decision and he lost to Anthony Hamlett by KO in Hook-n-Shoot.

Sorry bro, Curran only fought in Pride once. This was his 4th fight in the WEC. He's fought in the UFC, KOTC (King Of The Cage) Hook-n-Shoot, FCC (Freestyle Combat Challenge) and other smaller shows.

He's been defeated at 145lbs 4 times. He lost to Hatsu Hioki at Pride Bushido 12 by decision. He lost to Norifumi Yamamoto at Super Brawl 29 ( It's held in Hawaii) by decision. He lost to Ivan Menjvar at UCC 10 (Held in Canada) by decision and he lost to Anthony Hamlett by KO in Hook-n-Shoot.

yeah i meant to say he was undefeated in the WEC :doh:

That Charlie Valencia match was awesome. I saw him in another match against Antonio Banuelos, Chuck Liddell's roomate that trains at the Pit. It was a face-paced match that Valencia won via KO.

These bantamweight fights are exciting to watch because the small guys have so much energy and just bounce around and don't stop for anything, makes for a good match.

The Doug Marshall fight disappointed me because it ended so fast and I was expecting more striking.

Wtf was up with the Paulo Filho match? I couldn't read his opponents lips but I believe him when he says he didn't verbally submit, kind of questionable if you ask me.

The Faber match was entertaining as expected, Urijah Faber may be my favorite up and coming fighter, I say this knowing that he has like 20-some fights on his record already, this kid is something special.

Also, I just went back and watched the Clay Guida/Roger Huerta fight from last week....HOLY ****! What a badass fight.

That Charlie Valencia match was awesome. I saw him in another match against Antonio Banuelos, Chuck Liddell's roomate that trains at the Pit. It was a face-paced match that Valencia won via KO.

These bantamweight fights are exciting to watch because the small guys have so much energy and just bounce around and don't stop for anything, makes for a good match.

The Doug Marshall fight disappointed me because it ended so fast and I was expecting more striking.

Wtf was up with the Paulo Filho match? I couldn't read his opponents lips but I believe him when he says he didn't verbally submit, kind of questionable if you ask me.

The Faber match was entertaining as expected, Urijah Faber may be my favorite up and coming fighter, I say this knowing that he has like 20-some fights on his record already, this kid is something special.

Also, I just went back and watched the Clay Guida/Roger Huerta fight from last week....HOLY ****! What a badass fight.

As far as Filho's opponent (Chael Sonnen), he was winning that fight easily. The only thing that could have killed him was a submission or KO. He was winning the stand up battle by far, but he kept taking Filho down and Filho was getting several opportunities at a submission. It was dumb on the part of Sonnen, who got caught in a nasty armbar. He looked to be yelling not to stop the fight - but the strain on his arm made it simply look like he was screaming in agony. Not a real iffy call, that armbar was locked in hard.

The Clay Guida/Roger Huerta fight was the best fight I've seen in a while. My boy Clay just dove in without any setup and got caught with a knee. Until then, he was throwing Huerta around and had the edge in the (awesome) striking battle. I must have yelled "Ohhhh!" every 10 seconds in that fight. Everyone that was over at my place were just going crazy. What a fight! Too bad Clay got clocked with a lucky shot, but credit Roger - he stuck it to a guy with a real strong chin.

i don't think that guy tapped against Filho, but it wouldn't have mattered. That armbar was in deep and there was still close to 2min left in the round, he was either going to tap or leave with a broken arm

IMHO-

This fight comes too soon for Griffin. He shocked the world vs. Rua but he still needs more in his arsenal if he's going to hang with Jackson.

Rua had torn is ACL before the fight and has had surgery since.

Rua destroyed Ramapage. KO'd him in the first round. His only other loses are to Mark Coleman (A HW. Coleman went for the takedown and Rua posted and dislocated his elbow) and he lost to Reneto Sobaral (Another HW who beat Rua, Tervor Prangley and Jeremy Horn all in one night to win a IFC turnoment)

Rua has KO's Alistir Overeem twice. Submitted Kevin Randleman. Beat Lil Nog by deciosn and then KO'd Ricardo Arona to win a Pride Torny. KO's Akira Shoji and Akihiro Gono. Also has a decision win over Nakamura. Plus he has won 3 Mecca fights in Brazil that are bareknuckle anything goes.

He is only 26 and hasn't really reached his prime yet.

To say Griffin needs more in his arsenal to beat Rampage, I don't think thats true.

Rua destroyed Ramapage. KO'd him in the first round. His only other loses are to Mark Coleman (A HW. Coleman went for the takedown and Rua posted and dislocated his elbow) and he lost to Reneto Sobaral (Another HW who beat Rua, Tervor Prangley and Jeremy Horn all in one night to win a IFC turnoment)

Rua has KO's Alistir Overeem twice. Submitted Kevin Randleman. Beat Lil Nog by deciosn and then KO'd Ricardo Arona to win a Pride Torny. KO's Akira Shoji and Akihiro Gono. Also has a decision win over Nakamura. Plus he has won 3 Mecca fights in Brazil that are bareknuckle anything goes.

To say Griffin needs more in his arsenal to beat Rampage, I don't think thats true.

Wow, I was wondering why Rua looked like a jelly bean before that fight...thanks for the info. How'd you know it was a torn ACL?

Forrest doesn't have KO power, the standup goes to Rampage. Forrest stays in the pocket with Rampage, we know who will most likely get clocked harder. On the ground, I'd have to give it to 'Page again, even though Forrest handled Rua really well. Just more experience, against the best fighters in the world, and he won't have a torn ACL. He is a monster wrestler - just watch how methodical and intense he was against Henderson. Impressive.

For Forrest to win, he has to take advantage of Randy's teachings and get in the clinch. Limit Rampage against the fence, score points. Otherwise, stay out of the pocket and score with leg kicks and counter pages haymakers. Just stay out of his way.

Wow, I was wondering why Rua looked like a jelly bean before that fight...thanks for the info. How'd you know it was a torn ACL?

Forrest doesn't have KO power, the standup goes to Rampage. Forrest stays in the pocket with Rampage, we know who will most likely get clocked harder. On the ground, I'd have to give it to 'Page again, even though Forrest handled Rua really well. Just more experience, against the best fighters in the world, and he won't have a torn ACL. He is a monster wrestler - just watch how methodical and intense he was against Henderson. Impressive.

For Forrest to win, he has to take advantage of Randy's teachings and get in the clinch. Limit Rampage against the fence, score points. Otherwise, stay out of the pocket and score with leg kicks and counter pages haymakers. Just stay out of his way.

if Jardine put forrest on his ass, Rampage might literally punch right through him :laugh:

Excellent point and yeah, I'm well aware of Rua's career highlights and that's why I used the words "shocked the world" about Griffin's victory over him. But if Shogun had a torn ACL in that UFC bout, it only goes to show that Griffin didn't beat the real Rua so I hope he has enough to beat the UFC version of Rampage.

I'm a HUGE Forrest Griffin fan. He's my favorite LHW and I'll be rooting for him vs. Jackson just like I did vs. Shogun Rua. He showed some huge leaps in grappling vs. Rua so he's benefitted from having Randy Couture training him. Hopefully Couture will have him ready this time. Perhaps I'm operating on the public perception of Quentin being "unbeatable" but Shogun did demolish him in Pride FC so maybe a relatively inexperienced Forrest will too. I just can't favor Griffin in this matchup.

I'm a moderator on a MMA website. We get alot of scoops. Forrest has to learn knees. It's what Wanderia Silva use to crush Rampage twice in Pride and Rua used to beat him. Griffin needs to use the clinch, to dirty boxing and then take Page down. Just standing and banging, Page is to good at blocking and will slam Griffin

i don't think that guy tapped against Filho, but it wouldn't have mattered. That armbar was in deep and there was still close to 2min left in the round, he was either going to tap or leave with a broken arm

Don't want this to seem like it's "correct still" day but I think there was less than 20 seconds left in the fight. Don't think it mattered though, his arm was probably only 5 seconds from snapping.

I'm a moderator on a MMA website. We get alot of scoops. Forrest has to learn knees. It's what Wanderia Silva use to crush Rampage twice in Pride and Rua used to beat him. Griffin needs to use the clinch, to dirty boxing and then take Page down. Just standing and banging, Page is to good at blocking and will slam Griffin

Oh cool, what's your website?

Forrest does have to bring together an all-around game. His chin is good, no matter how you judge the Jardine fight. Jardine spanked him with about 4 good hooks to put him down, and Forrest still fought back while he was down. Albeit his jaw may not survive a good Rampage haymaker.

My disagreement is with Forrest having to throw knees because of what Wanderlei and Shogun did to Rampage. Rampage has definitely made advancements in his game since those fights happened. He was a brawling, out of shape fighter. Now he's disciplined and in fantastic shape. He has worked on his weaknesses, and is definitely the man at LHW throughout the world. I'd be surprised if Rua of 2005 could take the Rampage of 2007.

Forrest's ground game has obviously taken strides. I think you're right that it's where he needs to find himself against Rampage. You know Randy will be preaching the clinch and takedowns throughout Forrest's training. Nonetheless, I think Rampage will still beat Forrest on the ground. However, I will be pleasantly surprised if Forrest wins, even though I really like Rampage, too. These are my two favorite fighters. :doh: :doh:

Oh cool, what's your website?

Forrest does have to bring together an all-around game. His chin is good, no matter how you judge the Jardine fight. Jardine spanked him with about 4 good hooks to put him down, and Forrest still fought back while he was down. Albeit his jaw may not survive a good Rampage haymaker.

My disagreement is with Forrest having to throw knees because of what Wanderlei and Shogun did to Rampage. Rampage has definitely made advancements in his game since those fights happened. He was a brawling, out of shape fighter. Now he's disciplined and in fantastic shape. He has worked on his weaknesses, and is definitely the man at LHW throughout the world. I'd be surprised if Rua of 2005 could take the Rampage of 2007.

Forrest's ground game has obviously taken strides. I think you're right that it's where he needs to find himself against Rampage. You know Randy will be preaching the clinch and takedowns throughout Forrest's training. Nonetheless, I think Rampage will still beat Forrest on the ground. However, I will be pleasantly surprised if Forrest wins, even though I really like Rampage, too. These are my two favorite fighters. :doh: :doh:

The website is: MMAPlayground.com. The best MMA site on the net. We have over 18,000 members. You can also win alot of money in the games we do. Check it out if you get a chance.

If you get HDNet (Mark Cuban owns it) They are having their second fight card Staurday night http://www.hdnetfights.com/

He gave a verbal submission.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3r79j_filho-sonnen-finish_extreme

I can hear it on my version too. FIlho won that fight.

He gave a verbal submission.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3r79j_filho-sonnen-finish_extreme

I can hear it on my version too. FIlho won that fight.

yeah i heard it when i rewatched the event yesterday.

i still don't understand why he even tried to take Filho down. Chael was easily winning the standup battle. I think he got a little too comfortable and abandoned what could've potentially won him the fight.

Hmmmm. I have Dtv, but I don't see a channel 79. What's the name of the channel?

It's HDNet. You have to have the Hi-Def package to have it. To me, it's the best channel on TV. They show concerts (Godsmack, Collective Soul, Styx etc. etc.) MMA fights, boxing, the NHL, Nascar Replay, Dan Rather Reports, shows like The Black Connelly's, Torchwood, Arrested Development and Dead Like Me.

It's own by Mark Cuban who is a big MMA Fan. On New Years Eve he is broadcastng the first show of the new MMA league M-1 that Fedor signed to. Also on the card is Gilbert Melendez, Kazuo Misaki, Luiz Azeredo, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Murilo Bustamante, Hayoto "Mach" Sakurai and Gesias "JZ" Calvancanti . I think that they are try to become the new Pride. They signed Ricardo Arona, Josh Barnett and Mark Hunt.

It's HDNet. You have to have the Hi-Def package to have it. To me, it's the best channel on TV. They show concerts (Godsmack, Collective Soul, Styx etc. etc.) MMA fights, boxing, the NHL, Nascar Replay, Dan Rather Reports, shows like The Black Connelly's, Torchwood, Arrested Development and Dead Like Me.

It's own by Mark Cuban who is a big MMA Fan. On New Years Eve he is broadcastng the first show of the new MMA league M-1 that Fedor signed to. Also on the card is Gilbert Melendez, Kazuo Misaki, Luiz Azeredo, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Murilo Bustamante, Hayoto "Mach" Sakurai and Gesias "JZ" Calvancanti . I think that they are try to become the new Pride. They signed Ricardo Arona, Josh Barnett and Mark Hunt.

HDNET and M1 will take over the UFC eventually as the number 1 mma org. IMO

HDNET will take over the UFC eventually I beleive

Cuban has the money to do it. He has Guy Mezger running the org. for him. Guy has fought for a long time and knows alot of people. Guys a good dude and love the sport so he's gonna get good free agents and up and comers. Cuban also has a show on HDNet called: Inside MMA with Kenny Rice and Bas Rutten running the show. They have a panel of three guests, usually 2 fighters and a MMA writer. A pretty good show.