Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

No way. Barnett deserves a Fedor fight as much as anyone in the business. I like Rothwell, but he hasn't faced any top competition yet.

Arlovski has a lot to prove to get back to the top on my book. He has looked anything but impressive since his last knockout loss to Sylvia.

Barnett has fought all the top guys that weren't in the UFC. He beat Nog once and lost a controversial decision the second time. Everyone points to his Cro Cop losses, but you have to look at the circumstances of those fights. The last one was the same night he fought a war with Nog. He was already beat up from it. Cro Cop Just had a warm-up match against Wandy that night.

Barnett schooled Hunt(Fedor had some trouble with him) and Aleksander. He even did what Fedor couldn;t and finished Semmy Schlit.

Barnett also has the best chance to beat Fedor. I know I would bet on him.

Barnett's loss to Nogeuira wasn't controversial IMO. Cro Cop is just a bad matchup for him, but no matter how you slice it he's lost 2 out of his last 4 fights and his last victory was against an average opponent at best. Rothwell is on a 13-fight streak and just defeated Ricco Rodriguez, he's been dominant enough in his victories in the IFL to get a shot at Fedor, especially if he beats Arlovski.

Also, Arlovski just beat two very good opponents in convincing fashion.

And as far as Barnett schooling people that Fedor had trouble with that means nothing. We already know that in MMA, A+B doesn't always = C

If that were the case then wouldn't Fedor have the advantage since he beat Cro Cop and Cro Cop beat Barnett 3 times? Another example would be Chuck beating Wanderlei, and Wanderlei ibeing dominant over Rampage but Rampage being dominant over Chuck, it's all about style matchups.

Barnett's loss to Nogeuira wasn't controversial IMO. Cro Cop is just a bad matchup for him, but no matter how you slice it he's lost 2 out of his last 4 fights and his last victory was against an average opponent at best. Rothwell is on a 13-fight streak and just defeated Ricco Rodriguez, he's been dominant enough in his victories in the IFL to get a shot at Fedor, especially if he beats Arlovski.

Also, Arlovski just beat two very good opponents in convincing fashion.

And as far as Barnett schooling people that Fedor had trouble with that means nothing. We already know that in MMA, A+B doesn't always = C

If that were the case then wouldn't Fedor have the advantage since he beat Cro Cop and Cro Cop beat Barnett 3 times? Another example would be Chuck beating Wanderlei, and Wanderlei ibeing dominant over Rampage but Rampage being dominant over Chuck, it's all about style matchups.

Excellent post. Styles make fights. Period.

What's your all's thoughts on the new season of TUF? Seems to be some decent prospects. Also, can someone please enlighten me; been watching the WEC but none of them are new fights. However, I keep seeing Tommy Speers fighting and winning. Is this pre TUF Tommy Speers? I know he's fighting in the UFC still because he just got knocked TFO the other night on Fight Night. Just wondering.

So, WTF doesn't UFC have more weight classes like WEC? The lower weight classes are entertaining as hell to watch and I think it would bring a little more variety to the table in the UFC. I'm beginning to think Dana and the boys are idiots and will eventually run UFC in the ground. Seriously, how can they not make the Fedor/Randy fight not happen?

What's your all's thoughts on the new season of TUF? Seems to be some decent prospects. Also, can someone please enlighten me; been watching the WEC but none of them are new fights. However, I keep seeing Tommy Speers fighting and winning. Is this pre TUF Tommy Speers? I know he's fighting in the UFC still because he just got knocked TFO the other night on Fight Night. Just wondering.

So, WTF doesn't UFC have more weight classes like WEC? The lower weight classes are entertaining as hell to watch and I think it would bring a little more variety to the table in the UFC. I'm beginning to think Dana and the boys are idiots and will eventually run UFC in the ground. Seriously, how can they not make the Fedor/Randy fight not happen?

the guys on TUF this year seem to have close to .500 records. haven't heard of many of them except for 2 or 3.

that was definitely pre-TUF tommy speer.

and the lower weight classes are definitely exciting. WEC has two of the best in Faber @ 145 and Miguel Torres @ 135. Personally Torres is my favorite fighter after Anderson Silva, he has a complete game. Extremely good bjj (brown belt under one of the Gracies), and had a great stand up, uses his 76" reach to his advantage. he should hold that belt for a long time.

I'm pretty sure Zuffa, that owns the UFC, owns WEC too. Maybe they want them both to thrive and have their own niche and WEC's is having more lower 2 lower weight classes, and stacked ones at that.

Yep, Zuffa owns both and WEC's best feature is the lighter weight classes as UFC's is LW-HW.

I will say though that I would love to see Urijah Faber move up to LW and go to UFC, especially if he gets a W of Jens Pulver.

Yep, Zuffa owns both and WEC's best feature is the lighter weight classes as UFC's is LW-HW.

I will say though that I would love to see Urijah Faber move up to LW and go to UFC, especially if he gets a W of Jens Pulver.

Faber's only loss was when he was knocked out by Tyson Griffin. Griffin is strong, but not in terms of punching power. i think Faber would be middle of the pack in the UFC @ 155lbs. He's at the perfect weight for him.

I've always wanted to see Kid Yammamoto fight Urijah Faber. Would probably be the fastest pace a fight has ever held. Kid isn't very well known, but the guy is insane. Urijah would have his hands full.

Kid is definitely a great fighter, i would love to see him fight Faber

Few things guys. UFC 83 website is up: http://83.ufc.com/

UFC 86 Jackson vs Griffin card is being assembled. So far:

Rampage vs. Forrest

Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau

Frank Mir vs. Justin McCully

Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Silver

Also, dunno if you guys have peeped at the additions to UFC 85 Liddell/Evans. Mike Swick is up against Marcus Davis. Hold on to your hats for that one.

Also, dunno if you guys have peeped at the additions to UFC 85 Liddell/Evans. Mike Swick is up against Marcus Davis. Hold on to your hats for that one.

I think Swick is going to get knocked out in that fight. He looked weak in his last fight against Josh Burkman.

I think Swick is going to get knocked out in that fight. He looked weak in his last fight against Josh Burkman.

i agree. Davis has alot of power in those hands.

Swick seems to be a man without a division he can compete in. he fought at 205 on TUF, tried to fight at 185 but realized he wasn't strong enough, @ 170 i just don't see him beating top flight competition (he won't fight Fitch or Koschekc since they all train out of AKA)

he would be a good edition to the WEC's welterweight division though

Don't forget everyone tonight Strikeforce premieres on NBC at like 2:30 am. Not sure if these are replay fights or if they are ones that we haven't seen yet. I think I heard that the Le/Shamrock fight will be on there.

Also, there's an hour of Pride coming on around 1:00 am, I think it's on CSN, I'll have to look for sure.