Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'm taking Serra just like I did in the first fight. Everyone called mecrazy then too.

I just can't see Serra getting the job done twice, I think GSP wins that fight 9 out of 10 times. But anyway if Chachie doesn't take you on I'll take GSP in the sig bet :)

I just can't see Serra getting the job done twice, I think GSP wins that fight 9 out of 10 times. But anyway if Chachie doesn't take you on I'll take GSP in the sig bet :)

See I think GSP's chin is suspect and if Serra can get a few good shots off it'll be a repeat of last time.

edit: And my sig bets are only with Chachie until I redeem myself, I'm his sig ***** right now.

e04it5.gif

^^^Marcus Aurelio vs. Ryan Jensen from Ultimate Fight Night, the whole fight lasted about 16secs

ShoEliteXC comes on tonight at 11:30pm(est) on Showtime. no big name fighters, but they show up and comers who need experience, the fights are usually pretty good.

See I think GSP's chin is suspect and if Serra can get a few good shots off it'll be a repeat of last time.

edit: And my sig bets are only with Chachie until I redeem myself, I'm his sig ***** right now.

how is his chin suspect? he's been knocked out once.

I'll take you on a gsp bet.

I think GSP wins this easily. He's coming off a big win, Serra's coming off an injury....and I'm a Serra fan too. I think he's a very good fighter, but GSP's got too much reach and athleticism. :2cents:

anyone else see manny's cheapshot at UFN13?

he pretends to touch gloves then goes for a spinning back kick.

cheapshot.

mannycheap_dcd6c28de2d93dce92cc08d4fca3c691.gif

Classless act.

But I will say this: I have always hated touching gloves after the bell rings and I have been waiting for someone to do something like this. They touch gloves before the bell rings. There is no need to do it again.

Classless act.

But I will say this: I have always hated touching gloves after the bell rings and I have been waiting for someone to do something like this. They touch gloves before the bell rings. There is no need to do it again.

You know, on second thought, I think I share the same setiments. It'd be hard to make a rule against it. I always knew someone would eventually get clocked sticking their arm out there like that. Lucky it wasn't a haymaker to the jaw. Don't stick your **** out there against Gilbert Yvel.

Nonetheless, that was a bigtime cheapshot as it stands.

I think GSP wins this easily. He's coming off a big win, Serra's coming off an injury....and I'm a Serra fan too. I think he's a very good fighter, but GSP's got too much reach and athleticism. :2cents:

And GSP is in the absolute prime of his career. His only losses are to Matt Hughes (the most dominate welterweight in MMA history) and Matt Serra and I think he just got caught in the first Serra fight.

Hughes bounced back from the first Hughes loss in good fashion I think he'll do the same with Serra. And like you said Serra is coming off an injury...and a damn painful one at that.

Classless act.

i agree theres no point in touching gloves once the bell rings.

that being said, its a ***** move to pretend to touch gloves and lead in with a shot. you either touch gloves or you don't.

Classless act.

Here's a similar incident where it happened in boxing, but the guy got KO'd:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3273204787676819946&q=sucker+punch&total=1897&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=8

I agree with you that there's no need to touch gloves after the bell rings but it def is classless and cheap. It doesn't exactly prove anything for you as an athlete except that maybe you are intimidated by your opponent.

Any early hunches for this weeks card? You guys ordering it or watching online?

The odds against Serra should equal longer signatures for the people that bet for GSP, assuming Serra wins again. Hell, if you pick Serra and he wins, the guy you're up against should have to type in pink in this thread for a month.

I'm leaning towards GSP, but I think Serra has always been underrated.

I think Franklin will take Lutter, and I'm liking Starnes beating Quarry. I have a feeling Bisping will surprise people on Saturday, and Danzig will be completely focused like he was on TUF, beating Bocek.

Any early hunches for this weeks card? You guys ordering it or watching online?

The odds against Serra should equal longer signatures for the people that bet for GSP, assuming Serra wins again. Hell, if you pick Serra and he wins, the guy you're up against should have to type in pink in this thread for a month.

I'm leaning towards GSP, but I think Serra has always been underrated.

I think Franklin will take Lutter, and I'm liking Starnes beating Quarry. I have a feeling Bisping will surprise people on Saturday, and Danzig will be completely focused like he was on TUF, beating Bocek.

That card is actually in two weeks man, I thought it was this coming-up weekend too, but I saw the commercial yesterday and it's the 19th. It sucks because I'll be out of town at a friend's birthday party, I'm totally avoiding ES until I get back home to see it. :)

:(

In the meantime, go to this link:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?ID=555

And listen to this interview with Nick "Cheech" Diaz from last Sunday.

Pay attention at about the 38:40 mark he ****ing goes off about getting high and being paranoid. :laugh:

Also, at 44:30 he goes off about not having enough time to get his haircut, he's like "I don't even have time to get my ****ing hair cut, I've got a ****ing afro right now" :laugh:

He is hands down the most entertaining interview in the sport....you can download this as a podcast too and start getting it regularly for free.

Best Damn Pride Fighting is on right now on CSN. 12am-1am, Tuesday morning.

Gosh this makes me miss it. The ring sounds were so sharp, you could hear them freakin' breathing. Gotta love the sound of that mat, too. Never think about those little things until you get used to UFC. Japanese fans are so much better. They are patient and stay quiet. Love the collective levels of cheering for how exciting particular moves are.

Best Damn Pride Fighting is on right now on CSN. 12am-1am, Tuesday morning.

Gosh this makes me miss it. The ring sounds were so sharp, you could hear them freakin' breathing. Gotta love the sound of that mat, too. Never think about those little things until you get used to UFC. Japanese fans are so much better. They are patient and stay quiet. Love the collective levels of cheering for how exciting particular moves are.

i miss the Pride entrances, they knew how to put on a show. i'm surprised UFC didn't adapt to that when they bought Pride. UFC production is generic and boring

i miss the Pride entrances, they knew how to put on a show. i'm surprised UFC didn't adapt to that when they bought Pride. UFC production is generic and boring

They need a ramp and some fireworks bad....and I agree with Double, I miss the ring/mat.