Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Main Card Bouts:

-Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon- Florian by sub.

-Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves- Karo, but it won't be easy.

-Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch- Hamill by sub.

-Kurt Pellegrino vs. Nate Diaz- Diaz, baby! Sub.

-Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard- Maynard, decision.

-Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin- Alexander by KO.

Preliminary Bouts:

-Marcus Aurelio vs. Ryan Roberts- Who?

-Din Thomas vs. Josh Neer- Neer by dec.

-Manny Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox- Manny by dec.

-Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo- Guida and he better do it with authority. Too many close bouts. KO.

-George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan- George by dec.

-Tommy Speer vs. Anthony Johnson- Johnson. He's a beast. KTFO.

There you have it. My predictions on the spot with no research whatsoever. see you guys tomorrow night!!

I went 9-2 on picks. Didn't do so great on outcomes. (I didn't pick the Aurelio-Roberts fight.)

Just finished watching the entire Fight Night. I gotta' say that was a hell of a card that pretty much lived up the expectations.

The only boring fight in my opinion was the Maynard fight. Other than that lots of good action.

The Rumble KO of Speers was awesome as was the superman punch to a quick KO of Houston Alexander, even though I don't like James Irvin.

The Pelligrino/Diaz fight was pretty much all action until that triangle choke ended Batman's night. I still hate Nate Diaz though lol.

The Florian/Lauzon fight was ****ing nice, great main event.

I think the Parysian stoppage was a little premature but he went down like a sack of potatoes with that knee to the face so I can't really blame the ref.

I'm about to try and find the Clay Guida fight online..

I went 9-2 on picks. Didn't do so great on outcomes. (I didn't pick the Aurelio-Roberts fight.)

i did better than usual but still not that good, especially on the main card. although i did call Alves over Karo though. won a little bit of cash on that fight from a friend :D

Been reeeeeeeally busy...What's been up fellas?

I'm happy that my family, ATT did well in UFC Fight Night 13. 2 out of 3 aint bad. My boy Din Thomas might have lost a unanimous decision (not broadcasted) but Marcus "Maximus" Aurelio won his fight by armbar, and Thiago "Pitbull" Alves rocked Karo's world and put him away with strikes, good stoppage by the ref, I don't care how pissed Karo was. When you watched the replay, his legs were gone after eating the knee.

Anyone else watch TUF? 8 fights in the first episode, pretty sweet if you ask me. I can never get enough MMA.

Did you guys know that Mario Yamasaki (UFC Ref) is a BJJ black belt and owns a school in Rockville, MD? AND, that Kenny Florian is teaching a BJJ seminar there in May? I emailed them to find out if the seminar was open to outsiders and if so, how much it costs. I'll let you guys know what the deal is once I hear back ,if anyone is interested.

That was a terrible night of picks for me.

A couple bad stoppages.

I had no idea Anthony Johnson was so big.

I'll weigh in more in the sober morning.

Tommy Speer is a huge welterweight himself, and Anthony Johnson made him look tiny

he has some extremely heavy hands and its only 24. his only loss was to Rich Clementi which he took on 5days notice. He has pretty good wrestling, so if his ground game is decent, i think he'll be a champ some day in the future

Been reeeeeeeally busy...What's been up fellas?

I'm happy that my family, ATT did well in UFC Fight Night 13. 2 out of 3 aint bad. My boy Din Thomas might have lost a unanimous decision (not broadcasted) but Marcus "Maximus" Aurelio won his fight by armbar, and Thiago "Pitbull" Alves rocked Karo's world and put him away with strikes, good stoppage by the ref, I don't care how pissed Karo was. When you watched the replay, his legs were gone after eating the knee.

Anyone else watch TUF? 8 fights in the first episode, pretty sweet if you ask me. I can never get enough MMA.

Did you guys know that Mario Yamasaki (UFC Ref) is a BJJ black belt and owns a school in Rockville, MD? AND, that Kenny Florian is teaching a BJJ seminar there in May? I emailed them to find out if the seminar was open to outsiders and if so, how much it costs. I'll let you guys know what the deal is once I hear back ,if anyone is interested.

What's up man? I knew that Yamasaki had a school here, I looked into it but it was just too far from me. I needed something in VA. If you live in MD that's a good school I hear.

I didn't know Florian was teaching a seminar there...awesome! Let us know if it's open to outsiders that would be worth the drive up.

I loved the new format of TUF too. More fights and less drama, nothing wrong with that.

I agree about Karo too. He may have been ok after the ref jumped in but his legs gave out and he fell like a sack of potatoes and was about to get hurt. I can't blame the ref for that stoppage.

Same for Houston Alexander, he was actually taking strikes to the face and not putting his hands up, that was a good stoppage IMO.

2hzsbop.gif

5y5m60.gif

Now I don't see how anyone can argue against the Karo stoppage after looking at that angle. He was getting popped and not doing anything about it.

And I didn't even think the Houston Alexander stoppage was a question. He was taking full-on fists to the face...I thought his head was going to roll off :laugh:

loved the event last night. my takes...

nate diaz was getting murdered. sweet, sweet comeback. i loved the celebration.

alves looked like a monster. at the same timem karo looked awful. I was so happy to see him get his ass kicked. And that was not an early stoppage, karo was out and wasnt defending himself on the ground.

what the hell is up with speers? gets owned in the finally and now last night? he is probably on his was out.

houston... whats up with him? also, that was not a early stoppage either.

ken flo totally outclassed Jlo. I was so upset to see him lose. kenny should fight huerta for a number one contender fight.

5y5m60.gif

Now I don't see how anyone can argue against the Karo stoppage after looking at that angle. He was getting popped and not doing anything about it.

I agree with the Houston stoppage. Irvin was going to keep nailing him until the ref stopped it.

I disagree with the Karo stoppage. The knee dropped him, but he got his hands up right away and was recovering while blocking the punches. He also got his knees up between him and Alves. Karo could have recovered if given the chance.

For the record I am a much bigger fan of Alves than Karo.

Where does Karo go from here? I think he should still get a fight with Fitch. A flash knockout shouldn't send him down to the bottom of the ladder.

Maybe Koschek? Rematch with Diego?

I agree with the Houston stoppage. Irvin was going to keep nailing him until the ref stopped it.

I disagree with the Karo stoppage. The knee dropped him, but he got his hands up right away and was recovering while blocking the punches. He also got his knees up between him and Alves. Karo could have recovered if given the chance.

Where does Karo go from here? I think he should still get a fight with Fitch. A flash knockout shouldn't send him down to the bottom of the ladder.

Well have to agree to disagree about the stoppage but I def think he should get a shot at Fitch to contend for the title.

i think the knockout loss, combined with the fact that Karo hasn't finished a fight in a long time, will knock him down in a crowded division.

Koscheck just resigned with the UFC, and will be fighting Chris Lytle at UFC 86 if i'm not mistaken. a rematch with Diego seems like a good match up for Karo

Even while winning the first round, Karo did not look like himself. He came in looking out of shape, he dropped a ton of weight for the fight, and was not as aggressive or dynamic as he has shown his standard to be. He got caught and went down like a bag of hammers. I'd have stopped it, but seeing the replay made me think he should have gotten 2 more seconds to show something. He's Karo, not a rook.

I know im in the minority here, but last nights fights really had me frustrated. Right away Houston embarasses the MMA world for hopping on his serial-killer-looking bandwaggon. Like I said in my picks, dude has to recognize his chin is made of saw dust. He goes right after people and wants to knock another mouthpiece out. He goes in chin-first and gets nailed by a superman punch. It took the wind right out of me.

And maybe the Clay Guida fight wasn't as "exciting" as the other prelims they showed, but it's Clay Guida and you have to show it. I even heard he was dazzled middle of round 1 and came back to pull a sub. Give me a break.

I picked Anthony Johnson as an "upset", but never again will it be one. Guy has some lightning fists. Reminds me of Mike Swick. Totally blew away Tommy Speer, who is probably going to doubt himself for a long time after catching some major, major Z's against the cage.

Matt Hamill did a good job. I think people are giving him a little too much credit, though. Boetsch took the fight on short notice and made 1 mistake. He was doing a good job standing with Hamill, and shot on him. Maybe he was out of shape or something, and just threw in the towel. Frustrating to see him shoot on a superior ground fighter when he was working well on the feet.

I questioned Nate Diaz' heart, and I still do, because he waits for you to get in to a bad position and has a great triangle choke. One of the best in the world, in my opinion. He was getting torn up last night and Pallegrino got a little ****y getting out of that kamura attempt. That's called getting owned when you laugh at someone's submission attempt and get triangled a minute later. Diaz even celebrated for 5 seconds before the tap.

Just a lot of douchebag moves ruined my picks last night.

At least Florian schooled Lauzon. Florian tells it how it is and Lauzon was kidding himself. Florian will tell you if his opponent has better aspects, he straight out talked about how Lauzon wasn't better at anything. And he isn't. The elbows to the top of the head were legal at first, and became illegal when Lauzon ducked his head. Good call not to dock a point. Kenny has to watch throwing those elbows from the bottom, he does it all the time and gets warned all the time.

Alves and Parysian was a pretty good fight. Karo needed to get it down to the ground though. He hung with Alves until the knee, but if anybody was going down it was Karo. What was he thinking? Christ almighty. That Denver air really made my fighters dumbfounded.

OK, I have been aboiding this thread like the plague because I had to record it and watched it just now.

Houston Alexander is overrated. He had that one great fight against Jardine but has been garbage since then. He was exposed tonight.

Karo is one dimensional. While it is better then most in Judo, he got shown by Thiago that you better come with more then that if you wanna go against a well rounded fighter.

Hamill is a diamond in the ruff. Once that kid gets good at stand up and submissions he could do some damage.

Tommy Speers should really not fight. Johnson may have looked great but not any more then Speers looked horrible. he was lunging with his guard not up, he was trying to get a big takedown WAY too early in the first and he just got caught 345235 times in the face.

Nate Diaz. I loved the double fingers. I think it was a in the heat of the moment thing and he didnt mean to be a dick. He was getting his ass handed to him but he is so good with those legs that when he caught him I think he was relieved and he KNEW he had him good. I think he is a douchebag though and needs to take an English course.

Kenny Florian did NOT hit him in the back of the head enough to warrant them getting up and getting a warning. Bad call but he recovered nicely and fought one hell of a fight.

I questioned Nate Diaz' heart, and I still do, because he waits for you to get in to a bad position and has a great triangle choke. One of the best in the world, in my opinion. He was getting torn up last night and Pallegrino got a little ****y getting out of that kamura attempt. That's called getting owned when you laugh at someone's submission attempt and get triangled a minute later. Diaz even celebrated for 5 seconds before the tap.

you know i rewatched that fight and Pellegrino did something i've never seen before. he had a dominant position of sidemount and inexplicably transitioned directly into Nate's full guard as if he did it on purpose. i cannot for the life of me think of a logical reason why he did that, especially since he had success from a similar side mount in the first round

you know i rewatched that fight and Pellegrino did something i've never seen before. he had a dominant position of sidemount and inexplicably transitioned directly into Nate's full guard as if he did it on purpose. i cannot for the life of me think of a logical reason why he did that, especially since he had success from a similar side mount in the first round

I saw it too. over on sherdog they are saying it was a work. I doubt that, but it still was very strange.

I def agree with this one.

Dance, are you going to UFC 83?

sadly I will not. The tickets were pretty much sold out before they went on sale to the public. 500 bucks for nosebleeds? too much for me. :( :(

the karo stoppage was the right call. You can clearly see karo was out after the knee. his body crumpled. alves landed 4 shots to the face. You may think karo was defending himself but he wasnt. His arm was just moving in motion as he was falling on his back.

and he really pissed me off even more after. refused to shakes thiago's hand and spitting on the ring. classless.

i definitely don't think it was a work, it just lacks an explanation.

the only work i've seen in the UFC is Shamrock vs. Franklin :laugh:

:laugh:

Actually some of my friends thing the Le vs. Shamrock fight was a work. I don't believe that any fight is a work but you have to wonder why Frank wouldn't take him down.

Tommy Speers should really not fight. Johnson may have looked great but not any more then Speers looked horrible. he was lunging with his guard not up, he was trying to get a big takedown WAY too early in the first and he just got caught 345235 times in the face.

I pretty much agree. Johnson has KO power in both hands though, he's a power striker and he has reach and speed which is dangerous, he's my type of fighter really, I'm going to keep my eye on him. But Speer fought that match very poorly from the beginning, he deserved to be KO'd for not having a better game plan.

He kept going for the takedown too early and too often and did nothing to set it up. You can't expect to just take down a guy with countering or setting it up.

sadly I will not. The tickets were pretty much sold out before they went on sale to the public. 500 bucks for nosebleeds? too much for me. :( :(

the karo stoppage was the right call. You can clearly see karo was out after the knee. his body crumpled. alves landed 4 shots to the face. You may think karo was defending himself but he wasnt. His arm was just moving in motion as he was falling on his back.

and he really pissed me off even more after. refused to shakes thiago's hand and spitting on the ring. classless.

Call your boy GSP and get tickets man! :laugh:

Yeah Karo has anger issues and that was classless IMO. No need to act like an ass because you stopped defending yourself and the ref jumped in that's his job.

Part of it is probably because he's been due a title shot for a while now and he knows that he was moved down a notch because of that loss.

Speers reminds me of the "tuff kid" from his small town that thinks he can make it in the UFC. Sure he could probably knock me out, but if you put him against anyone with actual formal training and who does this for a living and he just looks horrible. He won't be around long.

Johnson does have KO power but I dont think this fight was a good example. He knocked him out, but it wasn't hard to when Speers was putting his chin on your glove for you repeatedly with his "face to fist" technique.

:laugh:

Actually some of my friends thing the Le vs. Shamrock fight was a work. I don't believe that any fight is a work but you have to wonder why Frank wouldn't take him down.

in Ken Shamrock's fight against Franklin, he starts to godown before the punch was thrown:

mb6bko.gif

i believe that was a work :laugh:

in Ken Shamrock's fight against Franklin, he starts to godown before the punch was thrown:

mb6bko.gif

i believe that was a work :laugh:

I don't. Ken was going to throw a lead right hand and saw Franklin loading up a straight right (his forward hand). Ken was already comitted and tried to bail out by falling to his knees, but Franklin still hit him. If a fight is going to be worked, the guy that will lose will be asked to take a few punches. Ken has just been an embarassing fighter for a while now.