Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Two thoughts:

1. It's pretty weird to watch a woman get punched in the face repeatedly. Not sure I'm a fan of it to be honest.

I found this surprising, considering how much of a boxing aficionado you are. Not an mma guy, but recognize the skill of fighters of all styles. To me, they're fighters not women.

If I saw a normal looking female, or one that clearly had very little training, get in the ring with one of these psychos, id probably feel differently, but the "Chauvinist Male Protector" mode does jack **** when I see two lethal women going toe to toe beating the hell out of wach other. Probably because I know most of them would humiliate the majority of average joes out there (knowing that the ones that particularly like to beat on women are among the softest and less skilled, even from a street perspective).

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Yeah, but the rumor is that it's to give her time to train. Dana sorta pushed her back into the ring saying she'll get an immediate rematch, so he needs to pull her out of it long enough for her to fix the gaping holes in her game.

She could box everyday religiously for the next 6 months and it won't make up the lifetime of difference between her and Holms boxing ability. This isn't something that she can just fix, Holm is an world champion boxer.

on a different note, if Jones doesn't get popped for roids, he may actually MurderDeathKill Cormier

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/667378508235063296/photo/1

I actually think the muscle will make the fight against DC worse for Jones. It takes a lot out of you to carry all of that new mass around and his lean build certainly helped with his cardio. I think if he doesn't end the fight quickly he's going to gas and DC will just lay and pray.

Fark, I forgot there are fights tonight. Diego fighting Lamas at 145? Lamas got destroyed by Mendes, but he's still gotta be ranked way up there. I think if skeleton Diego doesn't gas, which he's not known to do, he could overwhelm Lamas with his incredible grit and experience. I'm thinking upset, dudes.

Diego TKO rd 4.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Fark, I forgot there are fights tonight. Diego fighting Lamas at 145? Lamas got destroyed by Mendes, but he's still gotta be ranked way up there. I think if skeleton Diego doesn't gas, which he's not known to do, he could overwhelm Lamas with his incredible grit and experience. I'm thinking upset, dudes.

Diego TKO rd 4.

If Diego can get a tko in the 4th round of a 3 round fight, I'll post a video of me doing the "yes!" cartwheels

• Like 1

If Diego can get a tko in the 4th round of a 3 round fight, I'll post a video of me doing the "yes!" cartwheels

Oh snap, thought it was the main event *shrugs*.

Diego via decision. Because I think he'll edge it outright, but you know judges love them some Diego.

Gastelum back at WW? Good. I think he's got this one. I'll stick to my TKO rd 4 call but apply it to this fight :)

I scored it 48-47 Gastelum, giving him the close 3rd

I don't have much of an issue with a 48-47 card for Magny. Judges are notoriously stingy with 10-8 rounds, but I felt Gastelum earned one for the 4th

Both fighters put on good performances though. Gastelum had no problem going a 5 rounds

Edited by StillUnknown

Holly Holm's interview on His & Hers has been fun. She talks like a long time boxer (slow) but she seems cool. She shared an embarrassing story that's a doozy, JayZ introduced his wife and she reflexively asked Beyoncé "hi, what's your name?" Haha

Holm has been making the rounds on TV shows, comes off as extremely likeable. Part of me is sketched thinking that she's hiding something, because she's such good buddies with Jon Jones. Like, she's nice in public, but I can SEE RIGHT THROUGH THAT FAKE, GOOD-GIRL ATTITUDE. AND COME TOMORROW NIGHT, I'M GONNA SHOW THE WORLD WHY I'M THE CHAMP.

*gets headkicked*

Holm has been making the rounds on TV shows, comes off as extremely likeable. Part of me is sketched thinking that she's hiding something, because she's such good buddies with Jon Jones. Like, she's nice in public, but I can SEE RIGHT THROUGH THAT FAKE, GOOD-GIRL ATTITUDE. AND COME TOMORROW NIGHT, I'M GONNA SHOW THE WORLD WHY I'M THE CHAMP.

*gets headkicked*

if this video is to believed, it seems she really is that genuine of a person 

Edited by StillUnknown

• 2 weeks later...

Anticipation is off the charts for me, for this weeks fights.

3 nights in a row.....Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Not just in volume, but stacked in talent, as well, obviously

This has to be the greatest "Stackededness" (if that's a word), in the history of the UFC.

Can't wait, not just for the fights, but for everyone's predictions.

Hoping everyone stays healthy, and makes weight.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

For better perspective on his bulking up, here's Jones next to Arlovski.

What I don't understand is, if he plans to move to HW after the next DC fight, then why is he bulking up now ? Isn't he going to just have to just cut all that weight for the DC fight ? Or is this just an experiment for him....or does he still retain some residual benefit of that training, after he cuts the weight ?

CVv578VUkAATsYw.0.jpg

He's been saying he's still in the 226 range, the legs are still pencils. 

judging by his posts on twitter, he doesn't seem think its going to be a problem. time will tell though.

on a different note, tomorrow begins 3 cards in 3 days. Not talking about that one on Saturday for fear of jinxing.

kinda pissed they're burying Aljamain Sterling on the prelims of a fightpass show. Sterling is in the argument for best prospect in all of MMA, submitted Mizugaki with some **** you just don't see every fight, and can't seem to get any traction. On a pretty weak card, he's fighting another top 10 BW on the prelims of a fight pass event, something don't smell right.

I've been thinking McGregor up until this week, but the closer it gets, the more I imagine Jose putting on a clinic. If he had a healthy camp, I think he'll be as ready as he's been in years. No lack of motivation. A loudmouth is parading around a belt, claiming to be the real champ, taunting the living hell out of him. I wouldn't have wanted to be a training pad in Jose's camp the past couple of months.

I'm thinking Jose beats his ass now. A second serving of super jumbo humble pie is about to be served in the UFC.

Connor has the power, a super technically sound straight left. I just have to see Jose finished to believe it. 5 rounds, Jose Aldo? I think he has all the tools to wear Connor down and run away with it, or simply beat him unconscious.

If Connor wins, he's the new Ronda Rousey. That dude will be everywhere, so just prepare yourselves.

I think Weidman will look sloppy as usual, but his tenacity and power will secure a pretty early finish. Sub or KO, flip a coin.

I think Jacare is primed and ready for a title shot. He will show off his surprisingly good striking technique, pick Yoel apart, Yoel will shoot for a TD and Jacare will gladly go all Werdum on him with a guillotine.