Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I love how when Jones took Cormier down, but Cormier got right back up, it was huge, but when Cormier does the same thing and Jones gets right back up, it's treated like it shouldn't even count.

Joe Rogan was nut huggin like a champ.  Even pretended those last strikes by Jones at the end were both before the bell. 

Another fight in which Bones's size difference made the biggest impact. He does such a great job of playing defense with his length.  I still find his striking underwhelming considering how much he throws at opponents but rarely if ever finishes people by strikes.  The name of his game is wearing out LHW's.

Dude just needs to get over himself, his streak and move to the HW division.

Joe Rogan was nut huggin like a champ.  Even pretended those last strikes by Jones at the end were both before the bell. 

Well, I am on the record multiple times as saying I hate that meaningless takedowns are even scored period, but if that is how UFC wants to roll, then you can't have the announcers falling all over themselves for one guy who does it, and pretty much pooh-pooh when the other guy does it right back. 

Bones' reach & size difference in the LHW division basically allows him to play defense for half the fight, just throwing kicks to guys knees/thighs and can score half his points that way.   I know I probably hate on him too much, and I do want to give him his due, but the guy needs to be fighting at HW.  The one guy he fought that he didn't have such physical advantages over arguably beat him, but at the least gave him his most razor-thin decision yet.

Jones can't go to heavyweight.  His size and fighting style wouldn't be nearly the advantage it is at LHW.

Also, they should be at the point with Jones where he no longer gets warnings for eye pokes.  There should be a rule that after the 10th eye poke 5 year span you get to wear mittens. 

Jones can't go to heavyweight.  His size and fighting style wouldn't be nearly the advantage it is at LHW.

Also, they should be at the point with Jones where he no longer gets warnings for eye pokes.  There should be a rule that after the 10th eye poke 5 year span you get to wear mittens. 

Well most people are saying he is staying at LHW to break the all-time UFC win record in the division.  I am not sure how far away he is, but other then a re-match with Gus, I don't see what else there is in this division to stay for, or what could be sold as a legitimate fight.

Jones might already be the G.O.A.T.

If anything, this fight made me more interested to see Bones vs Cain. If Cormier couldn't wrestle him, makes you wonder about Cain's chances. Cain has the gas tank to stay with Jones all 5 rounds if need be.

This one will be hard to swallow for DC, not only did he lose, but he got outwrestled.

Both guys were pretty gassed after the 3rd round. Cormier just moreso.  There is a reason why reach/height matter in a fight when two guys are pretty evenly matched. 

I still don't like jumping the gun with G.O.A.T. as it has become hyperbole and gets tossed around a lot.  The LHW division has just not been up to par since Bones took out 2 knee surgery Shogun.  It has been some washed up guys.

His biggest wins are Cormier and Gus, although the Gus fight is highly questionable and will get settled with a rematch soon enough.

I just don't see the quality of opponent being there yet for Bones to be going G.O.A.T. yet.

Edited by NoCalMike