Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Missed the fight, tried finding a video without seeing the results. Then I get to a highlight video of the fight where right off the bat they say, "IT WAS MARTIN KAMPMANN'S NIGHT at the TUF Finale!" So I just go ahead and watch the highlight video, and I really fricking regret it.

Even reading the posts on here during the 1st round, it seemed to everyone that Martin was bound to get finished. Kampmann is such a zombie, he's got that Lebenesque quality about him.

Missed the fight, tried finding a video without seeing the results. Then I get to a highlight video of the fight where right off the bat they say, "IT WAS MARTIN KAMPMANN'S NIGHT at the TUF Finale!" So I just go ahead and watch the highlight video, and I really fricking regret it.

Even reading the posts on here during the 1st round, it seemed to everyone that Martin was bound to get finished. Kampmann is such a zombie, he's got that Lebenesque quality about him.

Kampmann is as well rounded as they come, but he has a weak chin, it makes his fights even more exciting. Kampmann vs. Hendricks should be pretty good.

Kampmann is as well rounded as they come, but he has a weak chin, it makes his fights even more exciting. Kampmann vs. Hendricks should be pretty good.

He's a notoriously slow starter. His best start was against Sanchez but he couldn't finish him and got robbed in the decision. I agree about the well-rounded quality. Many think he's only a striker but he can grapple/submit as well.

He's a notoriously slow starter. His best start was against Sanchez but he couldn't finish him and got robbed in the decision. I agree about the well-rounded quality. Many think he's only a striker but he can grapple/submit as well.

Jack of all trades, master of none. I think part of the reason he got robbed against Diego is because he got "rocked" a few times in that fight. When you have those kind of moments, it lingers in a judge's memory longer than a well timed counter combo that doesn't drop your opponent.

I don't think Kampmann has a weak chin, he just gets socked on the jaw all the time. He somehow stays awake in those moments. Dude can time combinations well but he's known to get overwhelmed by aggression. I've never been sold on Kampmann, he pulls out victories and stays in there when the **** hits the fan, but I expect his "refined basics" approach to be bulldozed over by someone sooner or later. I just can't see him holding that strap, prove me wrong Martin.

Well its a hell of an interesting fight :)

I think BJ will do well for the first 2-3 minutes, then get dominated the rest of the way after he gasses. BJ doesn't strike me as the type that's been spending his "retirement" training or even conditioning.

Outside of Hughes, when's the last time he won a fight at 170?

Outside of Hughes, when's the last time he won a fight at 170?

I know...I wish he would stay at 155, but at this point in his career, I don't see it happening. Although I am not the biggest Penn fan in the world, I am happy to see him back, and maybe the fact that he has been essentially called out (in a very nice, Canadian way :)) might motivate him a bit.

I don't think it will be. BJ is not that great at WW.

C' mon losing to GSP and Diaz no shame in that at all. BJ fights top guys no matter the weight class. Even in the Diaz fight he battered Diaz's face. Rory got ko'd by Condit and was hurt in the first rd of his latest fight. BJ will Ko Rory and will beat most welterweights and lightweights in a 3 round fight still.

Edited by Samuels

I think BJ will do well for the first 2-3 minutes, then get dominated the rest of the way after he gasses.

I see this happening too. Conditioning always has been and always will be BJ's weakness and Rory Macdonald is not a fighter that you want to gas against.

BJ will always be dangerous until he's pushed past a point in his mediocre endurance. MacDonald is tailor made to get BJ running on fumes by minute #4. Rory does get clipped here and there, so yes BJ has a puncher's chance...but if BJ doesn't drop him it's a pretty simple formula from there on out. Rory's wrestling vs. BJ's takedown defense. At this point, I would bet Rory finds ways to get him down and tire him out. It's definitely another brass balls move by BJ to accept this sort of awkward challenge from Rory, but you'd expect nothing less from BJ. I think Rory handles him like Nick did, except on the ground.

Yes, BJ is a great ground fighter, but we said that about his boxing before Nick uncorked about 250 punches on him. Rory is so strong and stifling in top position, and he's going against a guy who will be much lighter than usual. I honestly have to think he gets the ref stoppage from trapping BJ in a position and steadily hitting him with G&P strikes.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Brian Stann is out of the Hector Lombard fight :(

I'm wondering who is going to step in now...maybe Alan Belcher? Or **** give him Palhares.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/6/6/3068459/brian-stann-out-of-ufc-on-fox-4-main-event

By Ariel Helwani - Video Reporter and Writer

Follow @MMAFighting on Twitter, and Like MMA Fighting on Facebook.

Jun 6, 2012 - The injury bug has hit the UFC once again.

UFC on FOX 4 headliner Brian Stann has been pulled out of his Aug. 4 fight against Hector Lombard due to an injured shoulder, MMAFighting.com has confirmed with sources close to the fight. According to those same sources, Stann will not require surgery for the injured shoulder, but will be on the sidelines for approximately 6-to-8 weeks.

Hold up,

Alan Belcher vs. Lombard > Brian Stann vs. Lombard. Too bad it makes little sense for Belcher.

I also like the Paul Harris matchup way better than Brian Stann. Imagine how ridiculous that match would be. Paul would be celebrating a win early after complaining to the ref that Lombard's knee is scattered in ashes across the octagon floor. Lombard would hop over to Paul and KO him devastatingly at 5:01 of the 1st round...which would disqualify him and give the win to Paul.

Hold up,

Alan Belcher vs. Lombard > Brian Stann vs. Lombard. Too bad it makes little sense for Belcher.

I also like the Paul Harris matchup way better than Brian Stann. Imagine how ridiculous that match would be. Paul would be celebrating a win early after complaining to the ref that Lombard's knee is scattered in ashes across the octagon floor. Lombard would hop over to Paul and KO him devastatingly at 5:01 of the 1st round...which would disqualify him and give the win to Paul.

Belcher broke a knuckle in the Paul Harris fight, I don't think he'll be available.

It would make a lot of sense to pull Bisping from his fight with Boetsch and have him fight Lombard on the Fox card.

Vera and not Teixeria, interesting. Vera is a bigger name because of his run in 2006, but I'd argue that Teixeria is the higher ranked LHW.

Glover is the dark horse of the division. There is no arguing that from a certain viewpoint Shogun avoided a tall task. I can kind of see where he's coming from business wise, but it's not like Brandon Vera has been making much noise lately.

You know, I wonder what the odds are on Vera vs. Shogun. If Vera is beyond a 5:1 underdog, hell, why not put a little money down? Shogun will probably go all assassin on him, but this fight has to have Brandon all sorts of fired up.