Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I don't think Mayhem is a superstar by any stretch, but something was clearly off with him tonight. I don;t know why they were running with the adrenaline dump theory. I think he was either sick or hurt and missed training. We'll have to wait and see. He normally comes out so loose and he was tense, pale, and tired before he even stepped in the cage.

Dana said he may be done after a performance like that. I hope he gets another shot on an undercard.

I can see them avoiding all those guys and going with a rematch against Wand. They just love to keep Bisping away from elite opposition. He's always been the British money machine. Perhaps a co-main event, so there is less time in the fight for Wand to get finished, and subsequently released from the UFC. Same goes with Mike, without the being-released dynamic. Probably a fight that goes to another decision.

Again, it's not what I think should happen, but I'm anticipating that matchup because it's the safest one they can do for Michael at this point. Although I can see him beating Okami and Maia if they can't get him down. I think Bisping can even beat Munoz. Problem is Munoz has some big power, risky business.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Michael Bisping has put himself in a position where he needs to fight someone serious at middleweight.

Sonnen

Belfort

Munoz

Okami

Maia

I hope he's polished up his ground game.

Bisping loses to all those guys except Okami if the Okami that fought Silva and Franklin shows up. He can beat that Okami.

Michael Bisping has put himself in a position where he needs to fight someone serious at middleweight.

Sonnen

Belfort

Munoz

Okami

Maia

I hope he's polished up his ground game.

I think Bisping draws Maia,Okami or Stann- Munoz is getting Sonnen with the winner getting Andy, the loser, gets one of the 3 Bisping doesn't get, and Bisping is still at least 2 fights from a title fight in my mind. he has to beat 2 of the 3 I have him facing, plus beat one of Sonnen or Munoz. I don't see him getting anywhere close to beating all those guys, maybe 1 win, 2 if he gets lucky.

I love me some Rumble. I'm looking forward to this fight just as much as the main event. Vitor's boxing is better IMO but if Rumble hits him with one of his head kicks it's going to be a short night for Vitor.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/5/2614199/anthony-johnson-vitor-belfort-stretcher-ufc-142-brazil-mma#storyjump

Anthony Johnson vs. Vitor Belfort: Somebody will leave on a stretcher at UFC 142 in Brazil

Tonight (Dec. 5, 2011), Johnson appeared on HDNet's "Inside MMA" to discuss the move to the 185-pound weight class, as well as his upcoming fight with "The Phenom." And even though he be able to hit the scales 15 pounds heavier than normal on fight night, Johnson will still have to shed about 30 pounds between now and then to make the cut.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm here and I'm here to stay. For me personally, it didn't matter what weight class I fought at. I'd fight at 205 (pounds) if they asked me to. But, fighting at 185 -- people have been asking me for a long time when I was gonna move up to 185. I had an opportunity to fight Vitor Belfort, so I'm gonna step up to the challenge and see what I can do. I feel great already. I'm 215 to 220, right now. I feel amazing. My speed is still there. Of course I'm stronger. So, I know, fighting at 185, I'm gonna be just as fast. In my opinion, I'll be just as strong. I don't see anything that could go wrong."

Perhaps that extra strength will serve him well against Belfort, a fighter who is also seemingly trapped between two divisions, having competed at 205 pounds often throughout his mixed martial arts (MMA) career.

In fact, Johnson seems to think that added power will ensure that the fight is a violent affair. One that he, unsurprisingly, sees it going in his favor:

"I honestly think it won't go all three rounds. Somebody's gonna get hurt. I don't know who it'll be. I don't plan on getting hurt at all. Somebody's gonna get hurt. Somebody's gonna get carried out on a stretcher or something. It's gonna be a battle. That's what I'm looking for. That's what I'm preparing for. I hope he is too."

http://www.ufc.com/news/tuf-15-coach-announcement-fx

The Ultimate Fighting Championship® announced today that The Ultimate Fighter®, the longest-running sports reality show on television, is moving to FX this March with an exciting, new live format.

The Ultimate Fighter® LIVE debuts on Friday, March 9 as part of a two-hour season premiere beginning at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The show will then air for one hour at 10 p.m. ET/PT every Friday for the next 11 weeks on FX. The three-hour finale will conclude FX’s premiere season of The Ultimate Fighter®LIVE on June 1 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. UFC® bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and“The California Kid” Urijah Faber will serve as coaches on the upcoming season, with lightweight and welterweight contestants competing for two, six-figure UFC contracts.

This past Saturday, The Ultimate Fighter® concluded its run on SPIKE TV as 2.5 million viewers tuned in to watch the season 14 finale headlined by Michael Bisping battling Jason “Mayhem” Miller in a middleweight contest. The event was the highest rated and most watched TUF Finale since TUF 10 in 2009, and was the No. 1 program on cable among M18-49 and M18-34 (No. 2 in A18-49). In addition, season 14 was up +121 percent with A18-34 compared to the previous season. The strong ratings prove that the show has tremendous momentum heading into its highly anticipated arrival on FX.

“We’re producing ground-breaking television with The Ultimate Fighter LIVE and we can’t wait to kick this season off with FX in March,” UFC President Dana White said. “It’s going to be can’t-miss TV. Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber are two incredible personalities who also happen to be two of the best fighters in the world. They genuinely dislike each other and I expect this to make for the best season yet.”

“We believe that Dana and Lorenzo (Fertitta), along with Executive Producer Craig Piligian, have come up with exciting new changes to the format of The Ultimate Fighter that will expand and grow the series,” said Chuck Saftler, Executive Vice President, FX Networks. “The fact that the fights at the end of each episode will now be televised live is certain to create a sense of urgency for UFC fans. Furthermore, the move of TUF to Friday nights will provide a great ratings boost to the network.”

The rivalry between coaches Cruz and Faber dates back to March 2007, when Faber handed Cruz his first and only professional loss in a 145-pound bout. The 26-year-old Cruz avenged that loss this past July, defeating Faber by unanimous decision to retain the bantamweight crown in a Fight of the Year candidate. With the series now even, Cruz and Faber look to settle the score as TUF coaches, followed by a title fight in mid-2012 inside the Octagon®.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/15188-bisping-vs-maia-confirmed-for-january-28

Bisping vs Maia confirmed for January 28

Michael Bisping will face Demain Maia at UFC on FOX 2, which takes place January 28th in Chicago.

Fighters Only received official confirmation of the bout on Wednesday morning.

With Maia being a former title challenger it is expected that Bisping will be offered a shot at the middleweight belt if he wins.

However, Chael Sonnen and Mark Munoz are fighting on the same card and the winner of that match was expected to be the number one contender.

There is no indication at this stage whether Bisping would fight the winner of Sonnen or Munoz versus Anderson Silva, or whether he would be offered a shot at Silva before either of them.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Its better than a Wand rematch, but the UFC is protecting him from any striker that they think will derail on him on a run to a title shot.

Bisping got paid a disclosed 450k for his win over Mayhem, thats alot invested for a guy who's never had a title shot.

Hopefully the winner of Sonnen/Munoz gets the next title shot and they have the winner of Bisping/Maia face the winner of Belfort/Johnson.

Hopefully the winner of Sonnen/Munoz gets the next title shot and they have the winner of Bisping/Maia face the winner of Belfort/Johnson.

That should be the way it is. Aside from Bisping being a prick, he is a good fighter. But he just is not on the level of guys like Belfort and Sonnen and certainly not Anderson. Nothing against him, but they are just on a different level. I think a matchup with Johnson or Munoz would be very difficult for Bisping as well.

Every time he's faced a top 10 fighter he's lost (Rashad/Hendo). I definitely don't think he would get past Sonnen, Belfort or Johnson and I think both Maia and Munoz can beat him too depending on how the fight goes.

---------- Post added December-7th-2011 at 11:25 AM ----------

Still a good card though:

UFOX_600X350_JPG.jpg

Hell, I wonder what would happen if Paul Harris faced Bisping. He is not even a top-10 MW, but I think that would be a very interesting fight.

I'd say the same thing about a fight with Sonnen. I wouldn't mind seeing Sonnen screaming in pain wondering what the hell just happened to his knee.