Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Sherdog has dropped Anderson to #2 in P4P rankings after 38 months of him being there. Awesome run, but I agree with St. Pierre taking the spot.

1) GSP

2) Anderson Silva

3) Jose Aldo

4) Frankie Edgar

5) John Fitch

6) Shogun

7) Jake Shields

8) Rashad Evans

9) Gilbert Melendez

10) Dominick Cruz

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-Pound-for-Pound-Top-10-28930

I would take their rankings more seriously if they hadn't completely dropped Fedor from the list after his first real loss. IMO, he's a better P4P fighter than #'s 4-10.

I can see his lack of activity being the 2nd reason he's not ranked. No doubt he's in my top 10 though and should be in a sanctioning body's.

Sherdog has dropped Anderson to #2 in P4P rankings after 38 months of him being there. Awesome run, but I agree with St. Pierre taking the spot.

1) GSP

2) Anderson Silva

3) Jose Aldo

4) Frankie Edgar

5) John Fitch

6) Shogun

7) Jake Shields

8) Rashad Evans

9) Gilbert Melendez

10) Dominick Cruz

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-Pound-for-Pound-Top-10-28930

No Frabricio Werdum?

/sarcasm.

Seriously, I looked at their rankings a few days ago, and they have Werdum 2nd (I think. Don't want to look again) in the heavyweights. Ridiculous.

Ariel Helwani is confirming Alistair Overeem vs Todd Duffee at Dynamite 2010.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/23/sources-alistair-overeem-vs-todd-duffee-set-for-dynamite-201/

I guess this was the best they could do with only 2 weeks notice. I certainly like this matchup better than the Fujita matchup from last year. I still got Overeem TKO round 1 though.

Ariel Helwani is confirming Alistair Overeem vs Todd Duffee at Dynamite 2010.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/23/sources-alistair-overeem-vs-todd-duffee-set-for-dynamite-201/

I guess this was the best they could do with only 2 weeks notice. I certainly like this matchup better than the Fujita matchup from last year. I still got Overeem TKO round 1 though.

Todd Duffee is a dead man.

Todd Duffee is a dead man.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I think Overeem is the best heavy weight out there. I think he has so many weapons and if he fought Cain, Lesner or (I can't believe I'm about to write this...) Fedor, he would come out on top. My wish is that he fights Fedor in 2011 and then if he wins, Dana White throws the money bags at him to bring him to the UFC.

Overeem is a great fighter. I see him like I do my boy Nick Diaz. He has proven he can dominate the right matchups, but has yet to prove himself against a takedown machine. Overeem can knock anyone's block off with one shot, but he hasn't shown the ground work for me to bet on him against Cain, Brock, Fedor, or maybe even Shane Carwin. It is too bad it looks like he isn;t willing to give up K-1 which means he won't ever sign an exclusive UFC contract despite his good relationship with Dana.

Overeem is a great fighter. I see him like I do my boy Nick Diaz. He has proven he can dominate the right matchups, but has yet to prove himself against a takedown machine. Overeem can knock anyone's block off with one shot, but he hasn't shown the ground work for me to bet on him against Cain, Brock, Fedor, or maybe even Shane Carwin. It is too bad it looks like he isn;t willing to give up K-1 which means he won't ever sign an exclusive UFC contract despite his good relationship with Dana.

it could be a little bit more likely since he won the Grand Prix, as long as Dana is willing to make up the financial difference of him missing the K-1 events.

This is the Lumpinee Stadium in Bangkok Muay Thai fight of the year. Traditional Muay Thai fights always start out slow the first couple of rounds but the reason why I shared this is because of the beginning of round 4 at 8:00 where they just stop using defense. It is right up there with Frye vs Takayama.

Hey Pat, thanks for posting all those "The Reem" episodes, truly a joy to watch. So well done, very very insightful. Made me even more of a fan of Overeem. Dude is incredibly inspirational.

No problem man. Overeem paid for it out of his own pocket for the fans and he hired a amazing video editing team. He originally started it as a road to the Fedor fight but after Werdum won then opted for surgery it turned into the road to K-1 WGP champion. The bad thing is if they can't find anyone to sponsor it Overeem said he can't afford to keep it going. :(

---------- Post added December-27th-2010 at 09:07 PM ----------

Good for Chuck. He doesn't need to take anymore kill shots at his age. He's made some of the most important contributions to MMA that we'll ever see. It's hard to believe that just four years ago he was on a nasty tear through the UFC's LHW division.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21887/chuck-liddells-ufc-retirement-official-named-vp-of-business-development.mma

Chuck Liddell's UFC retirement official, named executive VP of business development

LAS VEGAS – Chuck Liddell officially is retired from the UFC cage, but "The Iceman's" career isn't over.

The UFC Hall of Famer and former champion has turned in his fight gloves for a spot in the UFC's front office.

The 41-year-old MMA legend and business-school graduate today was named the UFC's executive vice president of business development.

"He's now on level and on par with all the top executives," UFC president Dana White said at today's pre-UFC 125 press conference at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

An emotional Liddell briefly addressed the media and fans. He thanked the UFC for a memorable career and said he looks forward to promoting a sport he helped put on the map.

"I love this sport, and I'm ready for a new chapter in my career," he said.

His new gig isn't a ceremonial one. Liddell, a former wrestler at Cal Poly who earned his bachelor's degree in business management and accounting, will be involved in the daily business development of the organization and will help lead the UFC's international expansion. In recent years, he also helped the UFC campaign for regulation in new states, and he's served as an MMA ambassador in various platforms.

"He's seen this sport evolve from a very niche sport to ... a worldwide sport," UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta said. "He's going to be very involved."

In recent years, White has struggled whether to announce Liddell's retirement while "The Iceman" appeared on the fence. The fighter wanted to continue to compete, but White felt he might need to protect Liddell after he went 1-5 in his past six fights with four knockouts. But White never wavered in his unabashed praise for the superstar.

"We all owe a lot to Chuck Liddell," he said.

Liddell retires with a 21-8 record, including a 16-7 mark in the UFC. His 16 wins in the organization remain a UFC record, and the peak of his popularity coincided with the UFC's move into the mainstream.

Liddell, who turned pro in 1998, made his MMA and UFC debut at UFC 17. He won the UFC's light-heavyweight title in 2005 and made four consecutive title defenses before losing the belt to Quinton Jackson in 2007.

LAS VEGAS -- It will be a long while until the new UFC heavyweight champion defends his title.

Newly crowned champ Cain Velasquez will be out of action for six to eight months with an injured right shoulder, sources with knowledge of the situation told MMA Fighting.

UFC president Dana White subsequently confirmed the news to MMA Fighting following Wednesday's UFC 125 press conference at the MGM Grand Hotel.

"Yep, it's true," White gloomily responded when asked if Velasquez would have to be shelved. He said the summer of 2011 would hopefully bring Velasquez's return.

UFC Heavyweight Champ Cain Velasquez Out 6-8 Months With Shoulder Injury

Good for Chuck. He doesn't need to take anymore kill shots at his age. He's made some of the most important contributions to MMA that we'll ever see. It's hard to believe that just four years ago he was on a nasty tear through the UFC's LHW division.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21887/chuck-liddells-ufc-retirement-official-named-vp-of-business-development.mma

Randy, please do the same.

K-1 Dynamite is live at 4am on HDNet for the crazies who will watch it (myself included)

The official weigh-in results and reverse bout order include:

Champ Bibiano Fernandes (62.7kg/138.2lb) vs. Hiroyuki Takaya (62.9kg/ 138.7lb)

Tatsuya Kawajiri (70kg/154.3lb) vs. Josh Thomson (70kg/154.3lb)

Jason High (75.6kg/166.7lb) vs. Hayato Sakurai (76kg/167.6lb)

Akiyo "Wicky" Nishiura (62.8kg/138.5lb) vs. Tetsuya Yamato (63kg/138.9lb)@

Champ Marius Zaromskis (75.7kg/166.9lb) vs. Kazushi Sakuraba (76kg/167.6lb)

Satoshi Ishii (105.7kg/233lb) vs. Jerome Le Banner (120kg/264.6lb)

Alistair Overeem (118kg/260.1lb) vs. Todd Duffee (113kg/249.1lb)

Shinya Aoki (70kg/154.3lb) vs. Yuichiro Nagashim (70kg/154.3lb)+

Kyotaro Fujimoto (104kg/229.3lb) vs. Gegard Mousasi (97kg/213.8lb)@

Sergei Kharitonov (n/a) vs. Tatsuya Mizuno (100kg/220.5lb)

Hiroshi Izumi (101kg/222.7lb) vs. Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa (87.5kg/192.9 lb)

Hideo Tokoro (63kg/138.9lb) vs. Kazuhisa Watanabe (63kg/138.9lb)

Kazuyuki Miyata (64.8kg/142.9lb) vs. Caol Uno (65kg/143.3lb)

Katsuaki Furuki (76.5kg/168.6lb) vs. Andy Ologun (75kg/165.3lb)

Bob Sapp (n/a) vs. Shinichi Suzukawa (n/a)^

^ - IGF special rules

+ - MMA/K-1 mixed-rules bout

@ - K-1 rules bout

Edited by StillUnknown