Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Florian is injured and is stepping out of his match against Evan Dunham, Melvin Guillard is replacing him

Maaaaan. That would have been a killer matchup. Guillard vs. Dunham is still very interesting but I was really looking forward to seeing Flo and Dun get it on. I may not order this event. The amount of money I spent in 2010 on PPV MMA was ridiculous and this card doesn't really pique my interest. Even the main event seems predictable. (I'm aware that Kos could land a mean shot though.)

Just got around to watching Strikeforce. Pretty damn good card. My man Hendo came through and needs to stay at 205 moving forward. And Matt Lindland really needs to hang them up. After the Belfort KO and this one, I might not watch anymore of his fights. I know it is a rough sport, but he is starting to scare me.

Maaaaan. That would have been a killer matchup. Guillard vs. Dunham is still very interesting but I was really looking forward to seeing Flo and Dun get it on. I may not order this event. The amount of money I spent in 2010 on PPV MMA was ridiculous and this card doesn't really pique my interest. Even the main event seems predictable. (I'm aware that Kos could land a mean shot though.)

Florian/Dunham (now Dunham/Guillard) is supposed to headline a free card in January, another "Fight For the Troops Card"

as for 124, i'll probably stream it as well. Somehow, Stefan Struve vs. Sean McCorkle is the co-main event :wtf:

i am interested in Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira though. Love Oliveira's game, but they put him in deep against Miller.

Florian/Dunham (now Dunham/Guillard) is supposed to headline a free card in January, another "Fight For the Troops Card"

Total brain fart there. Don't know why I immediately assumed this was for saturday night. I just looked at the fight card yesterday. :doh:

After watching that Semtex video you posted, Pat, I'm stricken by him seeming like a very intelligent guy. After the Koscheck incident, I summed him up as being a total horse's ass. However, in that interview he's a great conversationalist, you can tell he loves the intricacies of striking so much. Hell, he seems like a cool dude!

Then you look at Koscheck. This brash, moth-like clown who can get annoying as absolute hell. Imagine him talking that 2nd grade smack to you for months while you train to kill an army. Then he ends up hugging you on the ground the entire fight, just coasting to a victory. Not beating you up, just grinding on you until you give up a few un-painful shots to him.

Yeah, it was a really big mistake to throw that punch after the fight, but damn, I can kind of see how that kind of fight against that kind of douchebag can frustrate somebody in to doing what he did. The implications were huge for Paul. It was a title shot and a coaching spot for a guy who wasn't even a huge name yet.

Not excusing it, he's supposed to be a professional, but perhaps he should one day get a second chance. Daley is about a 10-times more exciting fighter than Koscheck ever will be, he made a mistake, we all do.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

this should have been sub of the night

That was awesome. They're calling it a modified triangle/guillotine...pretty damn creative.

Just got around to watching Strikeforce. Pretty damn good card. My man Hendo came through and needs to stay at 205 moving forward. And Matt Lindland really needs to hang them up. After the Belfort KO and this one, I might not watch anymore of his fights. I know it is a rough sport, but he is starting to scare me.

I agree on Lindland. That's at least twice now that he's looked dead in the ring from a KO. Some guys just can't take big shots to the chin and Lindland is one of them. I'd rather him not fight anymore for his own safety. Also, he may be in the running for the worst cauliflower in MMA.

I agree on Lindland. That's at least twice now that he's looked dead in the ring from a KO. Some guys just can't take big shots to the chin and Lindland is one of them. I'd rather him not fight anymore for his own safety. Also, he may be in the running for the worst cauliflower in MMA.

I also wonder if it is things like that KO scare off network execs. It was very dynamic, but CBS execs would have been soiling themselves if that happened on network TV.

I also wonder if it is things like that KO scare off network execs. It was very dynamic, but CBS execs would have been soiling themselves if that happened on network TV.

Definitely. I imagine had a KO like that happened on network TV, they probably would've cut away from the ring until they got Lindland out of there and played some more fighter interviews or Mauro talking or something. Definitely not something they would've wanted casual crowds to see.

And Matt Lindland really needs to hang them up. After the Belfort KO and this one, I might not watch anymore of his fights. I know it is a rough sport, but he is starting to scare me.

My earlier prediction for that fight.... :(

Strikeforce picks:...

Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Lindland: Matt Lindland or "The Thing," as I affectionately refer to him, has at least one foot in Jeremy Horn country. He's a greatly respected veteran who perhaps should be considering a career strictly in coaching. The Belfort KO was not the only time I've seen him get KTFO with one shot in the past couple years. The problem for him tonight is that Robbie has bricks in his hands.

Lawler by KO, first clean standing shot he lands

GSP is a technical savant. He picks up **** so ****ing fast, the cleanliness of his technique makes it look like he's been training striking, wrestling and BJJ since he was a child.

I don't even think there's much of a puncher's chance here, more of a chance that Koscheck grinds on GSP for 3 of the 5 rounds. We all know Koscheck has been drilling his wrestling like a madman this camp.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Standing up, GSP has a huge advantage. On the ground, Kos can win. But that would require a LOT of work (and I don't mean mount & grind, but transitions and submission attempts) on the ground, or just getting that one lucky move in ala Fedor/Werdum. GSP can beat Kos straight up, but Kos can not beat GSP outright.

Standing up, GSP has a huge advantage. On the ground, Kos can win. But that would require a LOT of work (and I don't mean mount & grind, but transitions and submission attempts) on the ground, or just getting that one lucky move in ala Fedor/Werdum. GSP can beat Kos straight up, but Kos can not beat GSP outright.

I think we'll see GSP finish this one with a TKO. He may try wrestle Koscheck for the first round or two, but I have to imagine Greg Jackson will tell him to go in and challenge him standing at some point.

He has an advantage in a hit-and-run scheme for sure. I think Kos, however, has developed a punch in the last 2 years. If Matt Serra could flatten GSP, Kos could put him in a coma should Georges choose to exchange. Having said that, I'm leaning away from ordering this card. St. Pierre owns Koscheck and the rest of the card is simply unappealing. I know these end up being the best nights, but it's the holidays and I'm going to save my $50.

Edited by Chachie