Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

If Rampage is motivated, this is going to be an awesome card.

I buy all of the cards anyway unless I am at work were I can not buy them. This card kinda has me scared for my money though. On the surface it looks pretty boring....the fight I am really interested in is Sotoropolis vs Lauzon as it is going to catapult one into contender status maybe title shot status with another big win.....and while the Page vs Machida fight probably means the same thing it has the chance to be a HUGE ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZ fest, but the fact that fireworks could strike and one of these guys could finish this fight makes me want to buy it.

Im going to get it but I just feel like I am going to be dissapointed.

Hopefully this card will deliver tonite....I dont have much hope for Nate the Great.....not great wrestling, and Okami has the style to beat him....especially since he has been training wrestling with Sonnen and Linland....I think Okami will win this one in a Lay and Pray fashion....it will not be exciting.

All of the other fights IMO really have no relevance as far as contention goes....that doesnt mean you can not enjoy fights just to see 2 dudes fight but with the exception of the Main event all of these other guys are several fights away from even title consideration much less contender ship.

that card was terrible (Siver vs. Winner was good though)

Yeah, it was not very good at all. The Siver vs. Winner fight was good, Amir looked good and the undercard bouts that they put in were entertaining. Vemola looked like a monster. I know it was not top competition, but Petruzelli is no slouch either.

I really wanted to see that Rivera-Sakara fight. I was terribly confused when I saw the intros and they were not on it.

DAMN, Sherdog writer is picking Hughes over Penn. If the trends for those two fighters continues in to Saturday night, I think he'll be right. People wrote Hughes off after his struggles a couple years ago, but the holes in his standup haven't been too noticeable lately. In fact, it's looked good! Even against Serra, who made fun of it on TUF. I think he's accepted the requirement of fighters having to be well rounded in MMA these days. If Hughes wins this, he's a win, maybe two, away from a title shot. At 37 years old. How many of us suggested retirement for him after the Alves fight?

Now I can definitely see Penn all of a sudden being a ****ing savant and finishing Hughes in the first, but who knows? This is just an enormous fight for BJ. His performance is going to be so meticulously judged by everyone. He's had such highs and lows; he's probably had the most dramatic career in MMA history. From killing Caol Uno to losing to Jens Pulver the next fight. From choking out Hughes, to giving up that damn lead in the first GSP fight. From his poor conditioning to his amazing talents, from his epic beatdowns to quitting and his mother taking the stand. The dude is all over the place...And if he loses to his (37 year old) rival, in THE rubber match, it'll be a gigantic hit on him.

This time last year, BJ was in training camp, preparing to beat up Diego Sanchez. Now he's two losses away from his belt, fighting against a non-title contendert, and could quite possibly lose to him.

That all being said, I'm taking BJ in this one. You got to think if BJ is going to wake up for any fight, it's this one. I'll be very surprised if Hughes wins, even though I consider it a legit possibility. If BJ wins, I'll probably just say, "yep, expected that."

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

DAMN, Sherdog writer is picking Hughes over Penn. If the trends for those two fighters continues in to Saturday night, I think he'll be right. People wrote Hughes off after his struggles a couple years ago, but the holes in his standup haven't been too noticeable lately. In fact, it's looked good! Even against Serra, who made fun of it on TUF. I think he's accepted the requirement of fighters having to be well rounded in MMA these days. If Hughes wins this, he's a win, maybe two, away from a title shot. At 37 years old. How many of us suggested retirement for him after the Alves fight?

Now I can definitely see Penn all of a sudden being a ****ing savant and finishing Hughes in the first, but who knows? This is just an enormous fight for BJ. His performance is going to be so meticulously judged by everyone. He's had such highs and lows; he's probably had the most dramatic career in MMA history. From killing Caol Uno to losing to Jens Pulver the next fight. From choking out Hughes, to giving up that damn lead in the first GSP fight. From his poor conditioning to his amazing talents, from his epic beatdowns to his bad losses The dude is all over the place...And if he loses to his (37 year old) rival, in THE rubber match, it'll be a gigantic hit on him.

This time last year, BJ was in training camp, preparing to beat up Diego Sanchez. Now he's two losses away from his belt, fighting against a non-title contendert, and could quite possibly lose to him.

That all being said, I'm taking BJ in this one. You got to think if BJ is going to wake up for any fight, it's this one. I'll be very surprised if Hughes wins, even though I consider it a legit possibility. If BJ wins, I'll probably just say, "yep, expected that."

I think BJ takes this one too. Even in his loss to Hughes he was winning until his gas tank gave up on him. As usual it comes down to how hard BJ prepares. Coming off of two losses though, and moving up a weight class, I doubt he takes this fight lightly.

I am picking Penn, but I can see Hughes taking this as well. As others have already said, it comes down to Bj and how prepaired he is. If he comes in with good cardio I forsee a war....however if he comes in like he did last time against Hughes (thinking he already beat him once why work hard) I can see Hughes taking him out.

The more I hear about this card the more I am liking it....it did not seem that good originally but I am warming up to it after the countdown show last nite.