Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I wonder if Matt's KO of Almeida was a sign of new tools in his belt. If he's adding a legit strike game to his style we could see quite a different scenario in this fight than we have with these 2 guys in the past. I think it would be unwise of Matt to stand and strike with BJ though. His conditioning is enough to outlast Penn anyway. I already look at this fight in the old "BJ early, Matt late" way of hedging my bets. :)

Sup fellas! Good Card coming up in 2 weekend's for UFC 123. The free card is weak next weekend at 122, but hey, it's free. I see Nate really taking it to Okami. I can see BJ winning early as well and Matt taking it late. Remember this is only a 3 round fight. I would give a slight edge to Hughes. His heart, toughness, will to win and never die attitude are probably his strongest attributes. Machida vs. Rampage should be fun and exciting. A few good up and comers on the card and the return of "The Heat" Karo Parysian. Good card. Yea, I would like to see Brock fight Nelson or some one else. The time isn't right just yet for Lesnar Mir 3.

Sup fellas! Good Card coming up in 2 weekend's for UFC 123. The free card is weak next weekend at 122, but hey, it's free. I see Nate really taking it to Okami. I can see BJ winning early as well and Matt taking it late. Remember this is only a 3 round fight. I would give a slight edge to Hughes. His heart, toughness, will to win and never die attitude are probably his strongest attributes. Machida vs. Rampage should be fun and exciting. A few good up and comers on the card and the return of "The Heat" Karo Parysian. Good card. Yea, I would like to see Brock fight Nelson or some one else. The time isn't right just yet for Lesnar Mir 3.

Man, I can't wait for UFC 123. I've been waiting on this card for months. I used to buy almost every single PPV, but I've been trying to save money so I've toned it down, but I'm definitely getting this one.

Another great one will be UFC 125. It will be the first card integrated with the WEC and Aldo will be defending his title against Josh Grispi. It will also have Edgar/Maynard, Gomi/Guida, Vera and Thiago Silva, and Cripplah vs. Brian Stann. The Carwin/Nelson fight was supposed to have been on this card too.

And I agree, Lesnar vs. Roy Nelson will be a badass matchup.

I see Nate really taking it to Okami.

I agree with the majority of your post, but I don't know what to think about this fight. Initially I thought that Nate would take it pretty easily as well. But Okami has looked a lot better recently and has developed a good striking game, which was not really that great in years past. I like both of these guys and wish they both could get a title shot in the near future, but one will fall a few rungs down the ladder after next Saturday.

I think I am rooting for Okami in this one though. I want to see him fight Anderson, and this might be his last chance. He lost to Franklin when a title shot was on the line and could have gotten a shot if he would have beaten Sonnen. The same can be said for Marquardt, but at least he has fought Anderson in the UFC. I think he is a better fighter now, but at least he had the shot once. Okami has squandered opportunities but I would like to see him get a shot at Silva. The UFC will try and sell it as a rematch of Anderson's last loss...which I guess is technically correct.

Koscheck in general is an ass, but the TUF editors did him dirty with the last episode:

http://prommanow.com/index.php/2010/11/04/josh-koscheck-might-not-be-who-you-think-he-is/

This nurse dude is absolutely trying to create his own celeb opportunity. I don't remember any medical assistant on the show ever getting any camera time in seasons past.

However, Josh has done enough damage to his own rep and this clip isn't enough to turn my opinion of his boorish, idiotic mentality around. Even when he was apologizing to Tate I noticed he had to say the words "I'll be a big man here" or "I'll be man enough" a few times before he ever got around to actually saying he was sorry. (Not to say that Tate actually deserved an apology.)

Blaming editing is funny. You're a professional fighter representing a sport that has image problems. Who cares what anyone says... and lets not pretend Josh was innocently trying to have none of it and just couldn't escape the evil nurse.

Are they going to blame editing for tonight's celebration in the ring mocking a downed fighter? The second time he's made an ass of himself and his team following a win.

WEC TONITE!!!!!!!!!! Should be a good nite of fights much like the WEC always is....dissapointed in a way that they are merging with the UFC but it is better for the fighters so they can actually make money fighting.

INterested to see Faber at 135....I know he wrestled at 133 or lower in college but that was a while ago the older you get the harder it is to cut that much weight.

WEC TONITE!!!!!!!!!! Should be a good nite of fights much like the WEC always is....dissapointed in a way that they are merging with the UFC but it is better for the fighters so they can actually make money fighting.

INterested to see Faber at 135....I know he wrestled at 133 or lower in college but that was a while ago the older you get the harder it is to cut that much weight.

its better for the fighters who actually make it over, the rest will be looking for work shortly.

If Rampage is motivated, this is going to be an awesome card.

I don't think Rampage is motivated. Based on all the interviews he's been giving, he seems to be in that "I just want to put on an exciting fight for the crowd" mode.

when he's saying stuff like "I hope Machida comes to fight", I hear "I hope Machida stands in one spot so I have a chance of hitting him."

Edited by StillUnknown

The merger is good for the fans though because it means that there will be more quality UFC cards. Dana said they still have their contract with Versus too so they will be showing some free UFC cards on there, not to mention the handful of obligatory free UK cards on Spike every year lol.

I'm looking forward to the card tonight though.

its better for the fighters who actually make it over, the rest will be looking for work shortly.

I don't think Rampage is motivated. Based on all the interviews he's been giving, he seems to be in that "I just want to put on an exciting fight for the crowd" mode.

when he's saying stuff like "I hope Machida comes to fight", I hear "I hope Machida stands in one spot so I have a chance of hitting him."

I'll be happy if he just shows up in shape this time.

The merger is good for the fans though because it means that there will be more quality UFC cards. Dana said they still have their contract with Versus too so they will be showing some free UFC cards on there, not to mention the handful of obligatory free UK cards on Spike every year lol.

I'm looking forward to the card tonight though.

I'll be happy if he just shows up in shape this time.

Yea I really think its more about the fighters for me.....those guys in the WEC are putting on better quality fights and getting paid 1/4 of what Lay and Prayers like Shields is getting. Yea some guys wont make the cut but there is still Bellator, Strikeforce, and Japan. With all of these lower weight fighters now going to be free agents but who have been seen on TV those organizations would be fools for not snatching some of them up and featuring some lower weight class fights.

I am just upset that there is one less MMA org out there now. I liked the free cards on Versus and WEC Wreckage....hopefully Bellator will sign a deal with a Channel I get and StrikeForce will fill the void with some more Showtime shows. I like the UFC but I am an MMA fan I do not care who the fighters fight for as long as its a good fight. Alvarez vs Huerta was a GREAT fight and it happend outside of the UFC, There are tons of good fights out there even at local MMA shows. Even though the UFC says they need "feeder" shows like Strikeforce and Bellator I do not knwo if they really mean it. If a show like that starts to gain some ground I think the UFC would try and smash them just like Pride.

Again cant wait for tonites fights.

Yea I really think its more about the fighters for me.....those guys in the WEC are putting on better quality fights and getting paid 1/4 of what Lay and Prayers like Shields is getting. Yea some guys wont make the cut but there is still Bellator, Strikeforce, and Japan. With all of these lower weight fighters now going to be free agents but who have been seen on TV those organizations would be fools for not snatching some of them up and featuring some lower weight class fights.

I am just upset that there is one less MMA org out there now. I liked the free cards on Versus and WEC Wreckage....hopefully Bellator will sign a deal with a Channel I get and StrikeForce will fill the void with some more Showtime shows. I like the UFC but I am an MMA fan I do not care who the fighters fight for as long as its a good fight. Alvarez vs Huerta was a GREAT fight and it happend outside of the UFC, There are tons of good fights out there even at local MMA shows. Even though the UFC says they need "feeder" shows like Strikeforce and Bellator I do not knwo if they really mean it. If a show like that starts to gain some ground I think the UFC would try and smash them just like Pride.

Again cant wait for tonites fights.

Depending on how many guys are out of work when the merger happens, I think Strikeforce will inevitably deepen their lower weight classes. They already have featherweight fights on a lot of their undercards but as far as I know, they don't have a FW title. And like you mentioned, Japan has a huge market for the lower weight classes as well.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see the UFC add women's divisions if/when Strikeforce goes under one day. There are enough talented women fighters out there right now to make it interesting and entertaining. And there are a ton of storylines to be had too.

http://espn.go.com/extra/mma/blog/_/name/mma/id/5755255/gina-carano-making-comeback

Gina Carano making a comeback?

On a weekday edition of the Savage Dog Show, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker indicated that Gina Carano will make a return to the ring in 2011. This is after Carano (A) was horrifically abused by Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos in an August 2009 title fight and (B) nabbed a starring role in the Steven Soderbergh film "Haywire," scheduled for release in January.

If Carano returns, two things become apparent. For one, the urge to compete in MMA is revealed to be a far cry from the poverty-as-entrapment motivations of many boxers. For another, both Carano and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson might be working prototypes for a new kind of athlete/performer -- one who actually competes in between film shoots. (This might have applied to Michael Jordan at one time, but "Space Jam" numbed that possibility -- along with many, many brains.)

That path seems easier for Carano than for Jackson, for a simple reason: Jackson is constantly being thrown to the wolves in the UFC, whereas Carano is going to have the opportunity for novelty fights in Strikeforce. Coker recognizes a boost to his bottom line when he sees one, and there's little point in forcing Cung Le, Herschel Walker or Carano to walk the plank when everyone seems perfectly happy to see them perform on other levels.

I haven't seen so much as a preview for "Haywire," so Carano's future on screen doesn't warrant comment. But apparently she's good enough for J.J. Abrams, who cast her in his alien/suspense flick "Super 8," scheduled for release next summer. If she needs a method exercise for acting scared, it's probably best to think of Santos.