Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

It's not just the pics, it's all the hateful comments

It's the emotion involved. Just hardcore fans. Like crazy homer fans of almost any sport. Honestly, I'm more a fan of what transpires during fights rather than backing certain fighters. Both Lesnar and Cain are fiercely entertaining. Even though it was only 4 minutes long, the main event really delivered last night.

It was a good card, which is real tough to say after 4 decisions. Shields is gonna get absolutely tooled by St. Pierre.

Shields would be more exciting. Fitch has already lost to GSP and that wasn't too long ago.
Shield better hope he turns out to be stronger than GSP because the man has no speed. GSP makes FAST fighters look slow. Shields looks sluggish and his cardio wasn't there his UFC debut.

Shields would be more exciting. Fitch has already lost to GSP and that wasn't too long ago.

Then Fitch deserves a re-match. It was a 5-round Decision, and Fight of the Night. It was about as close as anyone could come to beating GSP, other than beating him. And 2 years ago is not a short time for a re-match of a close fight. How is Shields more exciting ?

Then Fitch deserves a re-match. It was a 5-round Decision, and Fight of the Night. It was about as close as anyone could come to beating GSP, other than beating him. And 2 years ago is not a short time for a re-match of a close fight. How is Shields more exciting ?

does this look like a close fight to you?

fitch2qr9.jpg

He got beat up bad and dominated by GSP

Edited by Destino

Koscheck came the closest to beating GSP (which says more about GSP's dominance). If I remember correctly, Koscheck is the last person to win a round against GSP

And how will the much slower Shields fare any better than that ?

Fitch is a guy who relies on pressing people on the mat, Shields is amazing on the ground. A grappling match between him and GSP would be VERY interesting. However, I think St. Pierre's wrestling ability is enough to keep the fight standing. And we all know GSP, while he's been popped before...has a huge advantage standing up.

And GSP's leaping style of striking enables him to get fighters on their heals. He makes it looks WAY too easy. He'll set up takedowns all day by making Shields cover up.

Bet the house.

Why so much hate against Lesnar ?

Because Lesnar is a pompous ass and I love to see Dana White all butt hurt when his cash cows get dominated.

So, who thinks Brock would dominate Fedor? I personally would rather see a Cain/Fedor matchup before Fedor/Lesnar. Even though I think Brock beats anybody at HW on any given fight night, it's just awesome to see the tool get shcooled!

Because Lesnar is a pompous ass and I love to see Dana White all butt hurt when his cash cows get dominated.

So, who thinks Brock would dominate Fedor? I personally would rather see a Cain/Fedor matchup before Fedor/Lesnar. Even though I think Brock beats anybody at HW on any given fight night, it's just awesome to see the tool get shcooled!

Cain reminded me of Fedor last night. Guys tend to go out there and use brutality as a means to succeed. Cain was all about timing and staying within his technique. When Brock did his double-cartwheel Cain stayed calm, followed him across the octagon with balance and focus. He unloaded a slick combo on him right when Brock hit the fence, then a big overhand right on the cerebellum. He looked like a machine. No fear, no emotion, total precision.

Well, that doesn't explain much. What has he done, to be considered a pompous ass ? Every time I've seen him, he's been gracious and humble in both victory and defeat.

Really? His rodeo stunt? His pointing and going after Mir after he already kicked his ass? His stupid ass comment about drinking a corona and eating a buritto in honor of Cains heritage? All of the WWE antics, can't stand them. Lets not forget what got him where he's at, no one puts on 40lbs of muscle in a year without help, nobody! So he's never tested positive for steroids, I'll give him that. However, HGH isn't a steroid and his head looks like its doubled in size since college. All of that coupled with Dana's obsession for his nuts and you may have a feel for why I have such dislike for the guy.

Cain reminded me of Fedor last night. Guys tend to go out there and use brutality as a means to succeed. Cain was all about timing and staying within his technique. When Brock did his double-cartwheel Cain stayed calm, followed him across the octagon with balance and focus. He unloaded a slick combo on him right when Brock hit the fence, then a big overhand right on the cerebellum. He looked like a machine. No fear, no emotion, total precision.

Cain never deviated from his game plan. He didn't over extend, lose his composure or leave himself open for Brock to get a lucky shot. Cain looked really good last night, best I've seen a HW look in a long time.

Really? His rodeo stunt? His pointing and going after Mir after he already kicked his ass? His stupid ass comment about drinking a corona and eating a buritto in honor of Cains heritage? All of the WWE antics, can't stand them. Lets not forget what got him where he's at, no one puts on 40lbs of muscle in a year without help, nobody! So he's never tested positive for steroids, I'll give him that. However, HGH isn't a steroid and his head looks like its doubled in size since college. All of that coupled with Dana's obsession for his nuts and you may have a feel for why I have such dislike for the guy.

Lesnar's changed since most of those incidents, the recent corona/burrito comment was not as dumb as you make it sound - most people just laughed along with that, and how can you fault a guy, because of the way someone else (Dana White) acts toward him ?

Well, that doesn't explain much. What has he done, to be considered a pompous ass ? Every time I've seen him, he's been gracious and humble in both victory and defeat.
Really? His rodeo stunt? His pointing and going after Mir after he already kicked his ass? His stupid ass comment about drinking a corona and eating a buritto in honor of Cains heritage?

Trashing the sponsors because they "wouldn't give him any money?" Constant referrals to himself in 3rd person? Telling Cain "You're just not good enough to beat Brock Lesnar?" Telling the post-Carwin crowd that he stood before them a "humble champion" and then in the next breath proclaiming himself "the toughest SOB on the planet?"

Brock's a giant tool. He's great for the sport though. Keeps me watching for sure. The UFC will take a money hit with Cain as champion.

Telling Cain "You're just not good enough to beat Brock Lesnar?"

What do you have issue with on this statement - Just the 3rd person referral ? Or the statement itself ?

Because that statement is actually incredibly mild compared to all the trash-talking that typically goes on in the MMA.

You had to hear it to understand how it came across... but why am I even trying to prove what everyone but you seems to know? Mick- He's pompous. :)

Edited by Chachie

To me GSP won all three rounds. The first they both got takedowns but I think GSP was more effective.

I thought GSP won all three rounds as well, but i remember a couple of judges giving Koscheck one of those rounds

just the fact that Koscheck got him down is more than most of his opponents have done :ols:

cainvbrock.gif

Edited by StillUnknown

GSP took Fitch to the woodshed in that fight. He had at least two 10-8 rounds against him. Shields didn't look that exciting against Kampmann but I like his style matchup with GSP. He's one guy that GSP might actually decide to stand against and if the fight does go to the ground it would be a pretty epic grappling match.

Plus Dana knows that people don't particularly like watching Jon Fitch fight so he'd be more likely to go with a new challenger that he can hype up and cash in on.