Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Wow, Kimbo in the UFC. How many of us foresaw that even one year ago?

I've long asked people if they like MMA and I still get the answer, "yeah man, Kimbo slice is a BEAST." He still is our main example as to comparing a street fighter to a mixed martial artist. He may look good against the neighborhood enforcers, but nowadays he is REALLY making it clear to casual fans that elite MMA fighters are in a completely different zone. From what he said on TUF about what it takes to become "an ultimate fighter" to what is almost a guaranteed loss in the UFC, he is going to show everyone interested in him that MMA fighters are the real deal. No matter what you thought of his EliteXC days, he is good for MMA right now, and it goes beyond just bringing in the viewers.

Totally agree.

Look, I know that Big Country wasn't landing the biggest shots on Kimbo...but I love how people said he "just laid on him" and wore him out. He had him a crucifix that Kimbo couldn't get out of. He either had no clue how to get out of it or simply couldn't.

And I also loved the immediate damage control Dana White went into once the fight had ended.

DREAM.11

Date: Oct 06, 2009

Venue: Yokohama Arena

Broadcast: HDNet (North America)

• Champ Joachim Hansen vs. Shinya Aoki (for DREAM lightweight title)
  • Featherweight grand prix finale
  • Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Melchor "Barracuda" Manibusan
  • Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Rubin Williams
  • Bibiano Fernandes vs. Joe Warren+
  • Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Hideo Tokoro+
  • Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Daiki "DJ.taiki" Hata^
  • Hong Man Choi vs. Ikuhisa Minowa#
  • Bob Sapp vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou#

+ - Featherweight grand prix semifinal

^ - Featherweight grand prix reserve bout

# - "Super Hulk" semifinal

Dream 11 is early tuesday morning (7am est)

Aoki vs. Hellboy III should be good

Dream is such a freak show and they don't try to hide it. I love how they always headline their ridiculous cards with something that has divisional top-10 implications. It's like going to see Ringling Brothers for 3 hours then having a serious gymnastics competition at the very end. I've been hoping my boy Saku would hang them up for about 3 years now. The guy is punch drunk, and he's fighting a boxer. I mean sweet Jesus, give him somebody to have a good grappling match with. Will be surprised if that fight lasts more than 2 minutes...here's to hoping it goes to the ground with Saku still conscious.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=4531057

Didn't see this posted in here yet. WEC has Henderson/Cerrone on Saturday. Should be a good fight. Not sure who takes it, but I'm guessing Henderson by submission in the 2nd.

i like Henderson, but by decision. Cerrone is better standing and has good submissions, but his wrestling sucks. Benson is a good wrestler

i think benson will stay out of cerrone's sub attempts and do enough damage from the top to win a decision

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=4531057

Didn't see this posted in here yet. WEC has Henderson/Cerrone on Saturday. Should be a good fight. Not sure who takes it, but I'm guessing Henderson by submission in the 2nd.

It should be an exciting fight. I am taking Cerrone, by second round flying armbar :D. OK, maybe not, but a submission of some sort.

Henderson is very good, I just think Cerrone is a little better right now. I just hope Cerrone is not looking past Henderson toward another shot at Varner.

Edit: That was a pretty good article, and brings up some very good points. Versus needs to settle their beef with DirecTV...everyone loses in the current scenario.

Edited by lovetoaster

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16419/ufcs-junie-browning-arrested-after-alleged-hospital-assaults.mma

Controversial UFC fighter Junie Browning was arrested Tuesday night and accused of assaulting three nurses at St. Rose Dominican Hospital's Siena campus in Henderson, Nev.

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, citing a police report, Browning was taken to the hospital after taking 16 pills of Klonopin, an anti-anxiety drug, "in an attempt to harm himself."

"The Ultimate Fighter 8" cast member reportedly faces three counts of battery on a health care provider.

According to the report, Browning, who's still listed on the UFC.com roster as an active UFC fighter, pushed a female nurse, punched a male nurse, and kicked another male nurse.

"Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family," police said he yelled to nurses.

Browning was briefly held at the Henderson Detention Center but has since been released.

Browning most recently competed for the UFC in April, when he suffered a submission loss to Cole Miller at UFC Fight Night 18. However, after his drunken antics and repeated attempts to fight fellow cast members on "TUF," many wondered why UFC executives kept Browning in the organization in the first place.

Soon after "TUF," Browning relocated to Las Vegas from Kentucky and said he his was simply playing to the cameras on the reality show.

:wtf: :doh:

Edited by StillUnknown

Shocking.

Not to be Captain Obvious, but Dana terminated his contract. Junie is your typical bully...egomaniacle and ultrasensative. He's constantly on the warpath to protect himself from being considered less of a man than the next guy. "Do you know who I am?!?!" That statement reeks of being incredibly high-strung.

He should to go in to a really bad neighborhood and start pulling that ****, much less a hospital.

Werdum vs. Silva on Strikeforce's Nov.7th Card

A fight between Strikeforce heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum and former EliteXC heavyweight champion Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva is expected for Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers on Nov. 7 in Chicago.

Independent sources close to the bout told MMAWeekly.com that it will be one of the four bouts featured on the CBS televised portion of the fight card. Other televised bouts include the main event between Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers, the Strikeforce middleweight championship between Jake Shields and Jason “Mayhem” Miller, and light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi in a non-title bout against an opponent yet to be named.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/10/05/hong-man-choi-accepts-shaquille-oneals-mixed-martial-arts-chal/

Hong Man Choi Accepts Shaquille O'Neal's Mixed Martial Arts Challenge

NBA star Shaquille O'Neal has said on numerous occasions that he would like to fight 7-foot-2 Korean fighter Hong Man Choi in an MMA match when his basketball career ends. The four-time champion even appears to be somewhat serious about this challenge, as videos of him training MMA have popped up on the Internet as of late.

When FanHouse contacted Choi, who is scheduled to face Ikuhisa Minowa in the DREAM Super Hulk Tournament semifinals on Tuesday in Japan, about fighting O'Neal at some point in the future, he simply responded via e-mail, "Yes, if there is a chance."

Something tells me there's a chance.

It's safe to say that the good folks at Fighting and Entertainment Group, DREAM's parent company, would love nothing more than to book this fight. Just look at what they've done with Choi recently: in May 2007, they matched him up with former baseball player Jose Canseco and "Techno Goliath" will outweigh Minowa by 126 pounds when they meet in Tuesday's semifinal bout. In some ways, a fight against O'Neal would be the most logical MMA fight Choi has ever been a part of.

Asked whether he believed O'Neal had a chance against him, Choi, who was a man of few words in our interview, responded, "No."

Choi is 2-2 in his MMA career. Other than his one-sided victory over Canseco, his only other MMA win was a 16-second first round knockout of Bobby Ologun, a Japanese TV personality, in December 2006. His two losses have come against Fedor Emelianenko and Mirko Cro Cop.

In June 2008, he had a brain tumor removed, which many believed would end his fighting career. However, Choi said his health continues to improve.

"My condition is about 80% right now, but it is getting better," Choi said. "Although my condition is not perfect, I will do my best for each fights."

The 28-year-old added that he plans on splitting the rest of his career between K-1 and MMA, but it's unlikely that anyone will ever take him as a serious MMA fighter. That's why he needs fights against the likes of "The Big Aristotle" to keep his career going. And now that we know both men are into the idea (what a surprise, I know), it could be only a matter of time before the freakiest of freak shows bouts takes place at the Saitama Super Arena.

In case you missed it, below is a video of O'Neal challenging Choi to an MMA fight:

Wow, Choi had brain surgery to remove a tumor? A lot of respect to him. He's pretty much considered the the resident face of MMA freakshows lately. I know he just lost to a guy half his size a couple days ago, but Choi really isn't that God-awful. To come back from brain surgery and keep fighting is half nutty half awesome. I hope he takes it to Shaq.