Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That was horrible.

Thing is I liked Rampage's selections at first (besides Kimbo) based on the 30 seconds of evaluations they did lol.

I thought that really tall guy (former NFL player) looked like he could be pretty good. He was certainly bigger than anyone else, and looked to be in really good shape. And then he got his ass kicked by Rampage's conditioning test. :doh:

I think that Greg Jackson sitting there with Rashad basically pointing out which fighters he wanted will end up making all the difference this season. Tonight made me wonder if his team can actually go undefeated...

Edited by skinsfan_1215

Is it me or did the fighters seem to have "scripts" usually guys feel natural when they talked but this season it seems as this is all a stunt to get Kimbo in the UFC

Not sure about all the fighters, but the Rampage/Rashad feud DEFINITELY seemed scripted. And they're crappy actors. Really annoying actually.

That **** was streaming out in a continuous flow. Can't believe a doctor wasn't summoned to take a look at it at the end of round 1. Thought it should have been called there.

This is why this sport still is barbaric. NO WAY that fight should have continued. I'm a longtime boxing and pro wrestling fan and I do watch MMA on occassion, that was the worst cut I have ever seen and they let that fight continue.

Edited by blue collar

This is why this sport still is barbaric. NO WAY that fight should have continued. I'm a longtime boxing and pro wrestling fan and I do watch MMA on occassion, that was the worst cut I have ever seen and they let that fight continue.

They stop fights in pro wrestling?

Well I think that most of us on here agree that fight should have been stopped with that much blood (though it was staying out of his eyes, so still debatable). Still should have at least called timeout and let the doc look at it during the 1st round. With a cut that huge he shouldn't have been allowed to go back out in the 2nd.

Most of the time a cut anywhere near that serious will get a stoppage. This one seemed out of the ordinary. Not sure how that makes the whole sport "barbaric."

Well I think that most of us on here agree that fight should have been stopped with that much blood (though it was staying out of his eyes, so still debatable). Still should have at least called timeout and let the doc look at it during the 1st round. With a cut that huge he shouldn't have been allowed to go back out in the 2nd.

Most of the time a cut anywhere near that serious will get a stoppage. This one seemed out of the ordinary. Not sure how that makes the whole sport "barbaric."

There's no way a fight would continue in boxing with a cut like that. That cut was so deep that you could have out a finger in it.

I think the fight should have been stopped once I saw how bad the cut was. It was probably hard to see it with him lying on the ground the whole time. Rampage has no clue how to coach, and I also wouldn't be surprised if all of his team members lose, though they'll probably get at least one.

The FN card was sick though. Loved it. Was shouting at the TV half the time. The only match was was kinda eh was the maynard/huarta fight, and it was still decent. Not sure why, but the FN cards always end up pretty good.

:cry:

Come on, man.

We're talking about something cosmetic. The dangers in pro wrestling and boxing go far beyond that. Blood is only a big issue because a) it makes nancies quiver and B) it gives haters another excuse to dismiss the sport. It's a cut....a cut.

Not Owen Hart falling to his death or Sid Viscious snapping his leg in half. It isn't Mick Foley purposely wounding himself or taking 100 pain pills a night to shake off the stress of it all.

You watch boxing and think that cut is considered more barbaric than repeatedly bouncing somebodys head around for 12 rounds? It's a cut. He'll have a hell of a chunk of scar tissue there, that's it. They should have stopped the fight, they always do when a cut is too deep. This was a one of a kind situation as far as I can remember.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

:cry:

Come on, man.

We're talking about something cosmetic. The dangers in pro wrestling and boxing go far beyond that. Blood is only a big issue because a) it makes nancies quiver and B) it gives haters another excuse to dismiss the sport. It's a cut....a cut.

Not Owen Hart falling to his death or Sid Viscious snapping his leg in half. It isn't Mick Foley slicing his face and body up or taking 100 pain pills a night to shake off the stress of it all.

You watch boxing and think that cut is overall worse for a person than getting concussed more than once in a single night? It's a cut. He'll have a hell of a chunk of scar tissue there, that's it.

That was more of a gash than a cut.

I thought the fight should have been stopped too. Not for the cut alone but for the cut and the lack of a heartbeat from Abe. He quit as soon as he saw his own blood. He merely tried to (and did) survive the next round but he wasn't fighting. If he'd bled like that and fought, I'd have let it go. It was clear, however, after the first round that he wanted out and I'd have obliged him if I were a ref.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16221/strikeforce-announces-cbs-deal-emelianenko-vs-rogers-airs-nov-7-on-network-tv.mma

After months of speculation, Strikeforce today announced it has officially struck a deal with CBS and will begin airing some of its events on the U.S. network.

The first show to air on CBS will feature the long-awaited Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers heavyweight fight, which is slated for Saturday, Nov. 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Showtime Sports will produce a four-fight main card with a broadcasting team of Gus Johnson, Frank Shamrock and Mauro Ranallo.

Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) a location and venue have not been determined for the event but should be announced in the next few days.

Additionally, he said Emelianenko vs. Rogers currently is the only fight officially booked for the show.

CBS and Strikeforce's other broadcast partner, Showtime, are both part of the same ownership group. Terms of the CBS-Strikeforce deal were not disclosed.

CBS became the first major U.S. network to televise live mixed martial arts events in 2008, but its deal with EliteXC ended when the promotion collapsed under mounting financial pressures later in the year.

"There's no question this is a sport that is fast becoming a force in popularity and as a business," stated Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President, Prime Time, CBS Television. "We're excited to be the platform that will enable millions more to see the athlete regarded as the very best in his sport. The No. 1 heavyweight on the most-watched network has a very nice ring to it."

Emelianenko, widely regarded as the sport's top heavyweight fighter, signed a three-fight deal with Strikeforce in August. The former longtime PRIDE champion now enters the organization with a 26-fight win streak (with 20 stoppages), including victories over former UFC champions Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia in his two most recent bouts. He had been slated to fight Josh Barnett at "Affliction: Trilogy," but Barnett was denied a license due to a failed drug test, and the Aug. 1 event was scrapped altogether a few days later.

Rogers, meanwhile, enters the contest with a perfect 10-0 record with 10 stoppages. In fact, only one opponent (Abongo Humphrey) lasted more than a round with the Minnesota-based fighter. Most recently, Rogers, who had campaigned for Barnett's slot before the "Trilogy" event was ultimately canceled, scored a stunning 22-second knockout win over former UFC champ Arlovski at a June Strikeforce event in St. Louis.

For the latest on "Strikeforce: Emelianenko vs. Rogers," stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Not sure why, but the FN cards always end up pretty good.

I think it's because the guys fighting are usually on the cusp of breaking into bigger fights in their division so they just let it all hang out and try to put on a show. I really look forward to the FNs when they air nowadays...except the commercials lol.

:applause:

TUF 10 Shatters Spike TV Rating Record

say what you will about him, but the people want to see Kimbo

Jake Shields vs. Mayhem Miller for MW title on Nov.7th; Cung Le gives up the belt

about time Cung Le gave it up. its clear his mind is in hollywood

I'm not gonna lie, I probably watched this first episode to see Kimbo more than anything. I can't see the UFC not giving him a deal unless he's just a complete dud in the cage. Bas was saying the other week that he thought Kimbo could go on and do pretty good on TUF if he trains as hard as he did for the first few fights that he had with Bas as his trainer.

And yeah, I was wondering when Cung was going to give up the belt or come back.

UFC 103: Catchweights R Us (Spike TV is showing the first 2 fights at 9pm(est) )

Tomasz Drwal vs. Drew McFredries: whoever lands the first bomb will win. i'm guessing Drew will strike first.

McFredries by (T)KO, 1st Round

Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller: Escudero also struggled to make weight, and looked drained at the weigh ins. he's a better wrestler than Miller and his submission game should be good enough to stop Miller's attempts. if this goes late Escudero could gas, which would be bad for him, but i'm guessing Escudero will last

Escudero by Split Decision

Tyson "The Decision" Griffin vs. Hermes "Please dont penalize me for my hair" Franca: Franca couldn't make weight, so this bout is scheduled for 159lbs. Griffin has good technical striking, with little power. Franca has no technique, but good power. hermes is very good on the ground, griffin has avoided the submissions of better ground fighters. all this adds up to another decision victory for Griffin (his last 7 fights have gone the distance).

Griffin by Unanimous Decision

Frank Trigg vs. Josh Koscheck: Trigg is basically facing a younger version of himself, although koscheck lacks the penchant for being rear naked choked. triggs a good wrestler, but he isnt on Koscheck's level. trigg will want to avoid being on his back, and stay out of range Koscheck's right hand. Koscheck needs a win to remain relevant in the division after his shocking loss to Paulo Thiago. Koscheck gets him down in the 2nd, and finishes him with ground n pound.

Koscheck by (T)KO, 2nd Round

Paul Daley vs. Martin Kampmann: Kampmann is a good striker himself, but he would be a fool to stand with Daley. Daley is as dangerous as any striker in the WW division on the feet, but he's a fish out of water on the ground. if kampmann is smart, he'll get this to the ground and sub Daley in short order

Kampmann by Submission, 1st Round

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Junior Dos Santos: i'm thinking that Dos Santos is the real deal. he trains with arguably the best camp in MMA in team Blackhouse. Big Nog can give him some insight on how to fight Cro Cop. that knowledge coupled with Cro Cop's obvious deterioration in skill make Dos Santos a good pick. Dos Santos has pretty good standup and is larger than Cro Cop. i'm thinking the young gun will show he's a contender in the division.

Dos Santos by (T)KO, 3rd Round

Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort: Belfort had trouble making weight. didn't look to be in nearly as a good a shape as he was for the lindland fight. before the weigh-ins, i was sold that Belfort would win comfortably, now i'm not so sure. Vitor has never been known for his cardio, if he doesn't end it early, he will be in much much trouble. i'm guessing Rich will survive the early fury by Belfort, and drown him late in the fight

Franklin by (T)KO, 3rd Round

Frank Trigg vs. Josh Koscheck: Kos is too young and strong for the aging Trigg. Frank would need Josh to do something pretty dumb to get a win here.

Koscheck by TKO, 2nd Round

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Junior Dos Santos: CroCop will have to show me is "back" for me to pick him in a UFC fight ever again. It pains me t go against my boy, but I just think he's mentally damaged goods.

Dos Santos by KO, 1st Round

Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort: Like SU said- Belfort early or Rich late. I just admire the way Rich climbed the mountain again after the Silva debacles. He's got iron balls so I'm rooting for him.

Franklin by UD.

Edited by Chachie

UFC 103: Carey vs. Bandares, picks:

Tyson Griffin vs. Hermes Franca: Both of these guys have lost to the same fighters in the UFC, Edgar and Sherk. Not trying to do any MMA math, just pointing out the crossroads these guys will share tonight. I'd say it's bigger than the average "huge fight" for both of them. Griffin's takedown defense will be the deciding factor.

Griffin, UD.

Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg: Trigg is feeling rejuvinated going to Couture's gym, which is starting to look like "rehab" for MMA fighters. I don't think it's enough. Koscheck has the tendency to look a little unsure of his next move when he fights, but if the guy leans on his wrestling he should win this one.

G&P, Koscheck, round 3.

Martin Kampmann vs. Paul Daley: One awesome striker out, another one in. Kampmann is very good on the feet, but he can pretty much pocket rounds or finish the fight by making this a grappling match. The problem with that is Daley is explosive and avoids ground situations at all costs, unlike our friend Melvin Guillard. If Kampmann doesn't want to take risks he should clinch and go through the roll-a-dex of takedown manuevers.

Kampmann, UD.

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Junior Dos Santos: This is the biggest fight of Cro Cop's bid for a return. If he wins this in spectacular fashion, he can lose his next fight and still have hope. Junior is no joke, that goes without saying. Sure, his claim to fame is blasting an out-of-shape Werdum, but the guy fights with a chip on his shoulder. What else can you expect from a Black House fighter? Cro Cop has lost a step. I think he'll be overwhelmed by Dos Santos' speed and get caught early.

Dos Santos T(KO), round 1.

Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort: Love this fight, a huge striker against a master of discipline. Sounds like Rich's fight against Wand. Wanderlei did daze Franklin a time or two, and Vitor definitely has more speed and dynamic striking. You have to also give the edge to Vitor on the ground. However, Franklin is great at scoring points and backing out of risky exchanges. And I know people will point out the Anderson and Lyoto fights when it comes to Rich staying out of trouble, but lets consider where they're ranked right now. I will bet against Vitor putting this away early and say Franklin gets the UD.

Franklin, UD.

Rich Franklin -140 vs. Vitor Belfort +110: One punch and dollar signs.

Junior Dos Santos -160 vs. Mirko Cro Cop +130: Could finally be rejuvinated.

Martin Kampmann -500 vs. Paul Daley +300: Might as well.

Josh Koscheck -500 vs. Frank Trigg +300: Can't see it otherwise.

Tyson Griffin -350 vs. Hermes Franca +275: Franca is game.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Griffin vs. Franca:Tyson Griffin represents everything that upsets me about the UFC's LW division at this point. The main guys in the mix are short, stout wrestlers/lay & pray guys. I can't wait until the day that we get more strikers and ground guys in the fold for a title shot but to avoid a previous rant, I think Tyson's wrestling is too strong for Franca which will keep Griffin from getting submitted and take this to a unanimous decision.

Griffin UD

Koscheck vs. Trigg:

Trigg is on a four-fight win streak, but unfortunately the last time he fought anyone who matters was in 2007 and he got KO'd. Kos has heart and is looking to rebound from the upset against Thiago.

Kos by TKO Round 2

Kampmann vs. Daley:Both of these guys are dangerous on the feet, but Daley is out of his element on the ground, and unfortunately for him, Kampmann is competent on the ground and he can wrestle too. Kampmann will test the water on the feet but eventually takes him down for the sub.

Kampmann by RNC Round 2

Cro Cop vs. Dos Santos:Cro Cop is one of my all-time favorite fighters and while he did handle Al-Turk, he also poked his eye nearly out of the socket and took a long time to find openings for his strikes. Dos Santos has an impressive record but he's beaten no one important outside of Werdum, who is a ground guy through and through. This fight is a good test for him despite Mirko's age/decline. My head says to pick Dos Santos here because of his age and striking prowess...but I'd love nothing more than to see Cro Cop end this with a head kick and strkes...

Dos Santos TKO Round 2

Franklin vs. Belfort:Franklin has the cardio advantage here, especially at this weight. Despite that, I see Vitor making a statement in his return to the UFC...who's next? Wandy? Tito? Hendo? Lots of great rematches for Vitor.

Belfort KO Round 2

Edited by #98QBKiller

Shameless promo time for Chachie:

I started a thread where my new web series can be viewed and commented on. If any of you guys feel like taking a look, your input would be greatly appreciated. I chat with you guys more than anyone else on ES so I'd love for you all to see it. 3 episodes so far or if you don't have time for all that, just view the trailer and see if it sparks your interest.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=299679

Haha I just watched the trailer and I like the premise, the sad thing is some of the themes aren't that far-fetched. Says a lot about the state of "reality" tv. When I get a chance I'll go to the site and watch an episode. But I like the idea overall.

Thx, 99. It's all local talent and crew. I thought they really rose above the expected level of performance around here for an indie production. How about the music too? Pretty cool.

Rampage has to be the worst coach ever.

Lol. Methinks Rampage just really doesn't give a **** whether his team wins or loses...just picking dudes who will give his team the most publicity.

Wait, you're a boxing fan and you think MMA is barbaric? I'll take a deep cut on the face any day over repeated assault to the brain as is the case with boxing...
Shameless promo time for Chachie:

I started a thread where my new web series can be viewed and commented on. If any of you guys feel like taking a look, your input would be greatly appreciated. I chat with you guys more than anyone else on ES so I'd love for you all to see it. 3 episodes so far or if you don't have time for all that, just view the trailer and see if it sparks your interest.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=299679

Haha, nice promo Chach...I'll check it out in a bit!