Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

i thought Faber should've thrown more kicks to Brown's legs. maybe takeaway some of Brown's power by working his legs.

Faber threw alot of kicks, but they were mostly head and upper body kicks.

Brown/Aldo will be great. Brown can definitely take him down, but to do so he has to close the distance and avoid Aldo's deadly striking while doing so. Aldo is almost as flashy as Faber standing, but he's much more precise and seems to have a bit more power behind his strikes.

can't wait for that fight

i havent seen that many triangles and guillatines in i dont know how long. that pettit kid was a freaking monkey with his BJJ

indeed. he went from one sub to the next instantly. why the other guy didn't force him to stand up is beyond me.

on the same card we saw a flying double knee and a flying triangle, craziness

Edited by StillUnknown

**How about my boy Cheech Diaz? Damn he looks dominant at 179-180ish but I don't think he's suited to be a MW. I'm wondering how long it's going to be before the UFC wants him back? I think he can wreak some havok in their WW division. To be honest I looked forward to this more than the main event

**Arlovski's chin just isn't there. I like Brett Rogers but I still feel like we don't know what he really has because of the quick KO and him kneeing a can to death in his last fight. He's supposedly going to fight Overeem on the Aug 15th card with Carano/Cyborg. I say he deserves it. And you never know what Overeem will bring so I say Rogers has a chance in this fight.

**Jake Shields looked good in the main event but I don't think that would be the result everytime he fought Lawler. Lawler was upset and for good reason, I think he could've put Shields to sleep if the fight went on.

Either way, congrats to the Cesar Gracie camp. They had a great night.

I still haven't watched the WEC but I peeked at the results. Will be watching it tonight.

**Jake Shields looked good in the main event but I don't think that would be the result everytime he fought Lawler. Lawler was upset and for good reason, I think he could've put Shields to sleep if the fight went on.

At first it was obvious that Shields was overwhelmed by Lawler's strength due to the difference in there natural weight classes but I was really impressed by the way Jake got his head together and used kicks and clutches to slow the fight down just a bit. Then Robbie got careless on a takedown attempt and gave a Gracie JJ guy a chance at a choke. Game over. Very impressive victory for Shields, finding a way to overcome the heavy hands of Lawler.

Edited by Chachie

Roger Gracie won his weight class and the Open Weight division at the 2009 World Jiu-Jitsu Championships

9 fights, 9 mounted chokes

he's done a couple of MMA fights for Sengoku in the past, hopefully he comes back to fight some more MMA.

Edited by StillUnknown

Does Faber come out as the winner in losing his fight? I mean, he basically fought with kicks and elbows and a weak jab. I really think the Guillotine Choke he put on him in the 4th or 5th would've finised Brown but he couldn't use his broken hand to tighten it. I think Faber should get another shot, after Aldo vs. Brown

quickest way for Faber to get a title shot is for Aldo to beat Mike Brown

if Aldo wins, Faber would only need to beat one credible FW to get a shot. if Brown beats Aldo, Faber's gonna need to string together at least 3 wins before getting another shot imo. the broken hand is unfortunate, but it happened during the fight. its not like he came into the fight with an injury, Brown's head is just harder than Faber's fists.

Brown is just a bad style matchup for Faber, he can take a good shot, and has the size to bully Faber.

Finally got a chance to watch the WEC yesterday. Man, they put on some great cards. I hope they don't go PPV, but I can understand it if they do.

Jose Aldo is a beast...I still can't believe he hit him with both knees. I've never seen anything like that before.

Unfortunately, Mike Brown is just too big for Faber. However, I believe Faber earned another shot at the title by fighting for almost 4 rounds with one hand. I would give him another shot after Aldo.

The flying triangle was awesome...so glad they showed it.

Looks like Carano/Cyborg is going to be for the 145lb title:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15146/gina-carano-and-cristiane-cyborg-santos-fight-for-strikeforces-145-pound-title-on-aug-15.mma

Both of them should be able to make that weight. We'll see. :)

my only problem with that is that it forces other top women MMA to come up in weight to fight them

most of the best women MMA artists that i know of fight at 135 & below

so essentially you have a 2 woman division